Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Packing Nakhla

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 31st, 2010, 08:44 PM
hookahfire
Hookah Nut

Default What is the best way to pack Nakhla

What is the best way to pack (packed, dropped in, fluffy), and in what type of bowl (egyptian, phunnel, vortex). Is their better ways to increase cloudage, flavor?

Last edited by hookahfire; March 31st, 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:38 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Packing Nakhla

I usually pack mine dense (irregardless of the bowl, in all honesty they all smoke just about the same when packed right), I sprinkle the shish a little above the rim and then just pack it down dense below the rim (so the foil doesn't touch it), some people sprinkle some more on top after the pack down, I don't, and it works great, good smoke, good flavor and it lasts longer.

I rarely do the overpack anymore, but it gives great clouds and flavor, you'll just be using twice as much tobacco, Dee has a how to vid, check that out if you want to try.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:40 PM
hookahgirl613
Hookah Newbie

And capthowdy has a video specifically on how to pack nak
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:32 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGram View Post
I usually pack mine dense (irregardless of the bowl, in all honesty they all smoke just about the same when packed right), I sprinkle the shish a little above the rim and then just pack it down dense below the rim (so the foil doesn't touch it), some people sprinkle some more on top after the pack down, I don't, and it works great, good smoke, good flavor and it lasts longer.

I rarely do the overpack anymore, but it gives great clouds and flavor, you'll just be using twice as much tobacco, Dee has a how to vid, check that out if you want to try.
Pretty much word for word how I do it, including the bit about no longer using the overpack method. I almost always use a standard egyptian for Nakhla but that's just a matter of preference.
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:38 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Pretty much word for word how I do it, including the bit about no longer using the overpack method. I almost always use a standard egyptian for Nakhla but that's just a matter of preference.
I also agree the overpack method I only have used for Apple and DA but im sure it will work with others but I dont really even use that anymore. Nakhla is in my opinion the smiplist shisha to pack. Good Luck

Last edited by davidbondok; March 31st, 2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I messed up :)
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:14 AM
shanaku
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

+1 I am a newer smoker of hookah but I followed the vids here and it came out awesome.

WE ARE THE FEW - THE PROUD - THE DARK SIDE!
WE ARE THE BLACK LEAF BROTHERHOOD
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook