Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

a little help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 4th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan
Default a little help

ok,so i have looked into every thing about starting up a hookah lounge so i know what to have in my head as what could happen,what is needed,and stuff

the only thing i need help with is,how do i get a hold of the florida licenses i need,like the tobacco sell,and (i forgot the name of it) the ability to buy things in whole sale,stuff like that

if anyone in florida can help me out please do
Old April 4th, 2010, 11:25 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Default Re: a little help

Go to city hall
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:16 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Don't forget a general business license and zoning... I think, if you talk with KK, Florida is a bit tough on this one. Might also want to talk with SamB if you are truly serious about getting this in motion. They might be able to put you in touch with someone who already has a Hookah/Shisha Loung up and running. (Out of your local market of course.)
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:28 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Zoning, business license, tobacco license , food handeling license, liqour license( major pain in the ass to aquire) permits. Go to your local court house, they should be able to point you in the direction of how to go about applying for permits ( be prepared to wait on them! They sometime take forever to proccessed and aproved unless you know someone) also if you plan on redesign a space you rent or purchase you may need permits for that too.

Good luck man. You got a lot of work cut
out for you. Read up on your areas zoning laws and restrictions. Most places don't allow bars within so many feet of a church or school.

Sorry if anything is wonky on this post, I'm typing this on my phone

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:23 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

you might not want to get this going anytime soon. With the tobacco tax looming about. if that passes you will be out of business as soon as your supply runs out
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Don't forget about insurance, this is especially costly do to dramshop laws that differ from state to state. I would recommend going BYOB and charging a corkage fee, this will drastically reduce your insurance coasts and overhead. Also since the healthcare bill passed and small businesses are in the position of getting majorly hosed i would open as cash only. You can pay out the ass to process credit cards and for small purchases such as a bowl of shisha or a couple espressos its just not worth it. Not to mention when its time for taxes you may or may not have instructed you staff to ring everything up properly so you can save money that way as well. If you are going to do that though and you have a security camera system make sure you delete the tapes everyday. You don't want the IRS coming in and looking at tapes of you being slammed for the past month while your claiming dick as taxes.
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

thanks everyone

i would pay in cash,because i dont want to take out a loan and have something happen and be sol

and i dont knwo if i would have food and liqour in the lounge,but that is a thought in my head

as for the new laws going around,i was thinking that i should get the tobacco licences,and see shisha online and local,and try starting there and making some money to help and build up from that maybe
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Allan, a good way to save money and also help promote your lounge would be to buy tobacco wholesale from local vendors and let them advertise at your place with signs that say Shisha and hookahs provided by John Does Hookah Shop. Its a great way to get cross promotions and word of mouth because they would also let you advertise in their store and if they get any crazy awesome stuff you could feature it in your store, or offer tobacco tastings sponsored by them on a slow night and let them sell some stuff at your shop. Hope some of this helps man. Good Luck
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook