Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookah in public places?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

Default hookah in public places?

hey everyone. is it legal to smoke hookah in public places? like if i am of age? parks, cars, parking lots etc? can i get in trouble?

thanks
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Francine
Hookah Nut

Default Re: hookah in public places?

As long as you can smoke cigarettes in that public place, I don't see how you could get in trouble.
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

As long as there is a not a no smoking sign you should be fine to smoke where ever you want. You may want to check your county in your state to see if they allow smoking in parks. Some parks here allow smoking and some don't.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...=hookah+public
Old April 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

thanks guys. and sorry about the repeat post.

its just sketch in my opinion. people are always starring and giving nasty looks. but as long as its legal.. =)
Old April 26th, 2010, 02:10 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

It's already been answered for you here but i may as well reiterate.

So long as you are not in a smoke free zone, are smoking only legal hookah products, are of age, are not supplying it to anyone under age and are abiding by all city and state laws about distance from certain building then there is no problem.

If you are questioned about it's legality explain calmly how it is only tobacco and is not illegal in any way. Keep your tobacco with you so that you can prove it's just that. If a cop asks you to pack up and move along or empty the bowl to prove it's just tobacco then I suggest doing so without questioning it. One lost bowl of tobacco and some charcoal is better than them taking or breaking your hookah. Yes there have been some horror stories about (unlawful) confiscation without return and smashing of glass because some cops felt they were justified.
Old April 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

this thread should ber merged with this one

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...smoking+public
Old April 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
It's already been answered for you here but i may as well reiterate.

So long as you are not in a smoke free zone, are smoking only legal hookah products, are of age, are not supplying it to anyone under age and are abiding by all city and state laws about distance from certain building then there is no problem.

If you are questioned about it's legality explain calmly how it is only tobacco and is not illegal in any way. Keep your tobacco with you so that you can prove it's just that. If a cop asks you to pack up and move along or empty the bowl to prove it's just tobacco then I suggest doing so without questioning it. One lost bowl of tobacco and some charcoal is better than them taking or breaking your hookah. Yes there have been some horror stories about (unlawful) confiscation without return and smashing of glass because some cops felt they were justified.
Ohhhh man I would be pissed! haha Im sure theres nothing you can do about it though if they can prove they thought they were justified
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Teator1 View Post
Ohhhh man I would be pissed! haha Im sure theres nothing you can do about it though if they can prove they thought they were justified
Happily it is not a situation i have encountered. I would not take it lightly. Test my pipes, test me and search my house. When your done with that I'll take a nice big check from the state for my trouble.
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
this thread should ber merged with this one

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...smoking+public
Ari, that's what happens with new members. As we all say, just skip it if you don't want to answer. I was not here last week so it is new to me. Even if I was here, I would have answered them both and wouldn't have said anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Happily it is not a situation i have encountered. I would not take it lightly. Test my pipes, test me and search my house. When your done with that I'll take a nice big check from the state for my trouble.
+1 on that. I always tell MrsH in public they can swab my mouth, blood test me, urine test me, hair test me and test my stuff. When everything comes back clean I expect my stuff or a check so I can get everything back. I would hate to see what you mentioned though about stuff being smashed. *Shudders at the thought!*
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook