Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

just when i thought smoking starbuzz fuzzy lemonade was impossible.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 28th, 2010, 11:01 PM
fatdom22
Hookah Nut

Default just when i thought smoking starbuzz fuzzy lemonade was impossible.

ok, so i know some of you know that starbuzz fuzzy lemonade tends to be a very harsh flavor, they screwed up somewhere, and while it not have been an intolerable level or harshness it was very very annoying to the point where i would just stop smoking it, couldnt take deep hits etc.. well this was a shame considering the flavor of this shisha is fanfuckingtastic. That was all until tonight, i dont know if god was on my side or what but i decided to pack it differently than normal. I went with the phunnel bowl this time, i usually tend to stay away from thsi because it is just to big and i never smoke long enough unless im with a lot of people to consider, but i said eff it and i went with it, i then proceeded to fill my KM JUMBO BASE with ice lots of ice! and i filled the water line higher than usual to make the space where smoke collects smaller so there would be less smoke held in the base hopefully cooling it greater. well i dont know if im a genius hahaha its not really that big of a deal, i was just very proud of myself for getting an enjoyable experience out of this flavor, it only took 2/3d's of the tin. so if any of you out there have had this problem, and havent tried this give it a shot because its an awesome flavor.

-i do understand that using a phunnel bowl and lots of ice is not any where near a great scientific discovery.
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: just when i thought smoking starbuzz fuzzy lemonade was impossible.

BUT to the point. Is this the same tin you smoked out of before? Also what bowl were you using before?
Ive heard a few people say Ice takes from the flavor, but cooling the smoke defiantly helps out when you are having a harsh session. But Code 69 used to be my favorite and starbuzz ruined it for me, I hope they don't ruin a favorite for you.

Last edited by KoRnKitten; May 29th, 2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Please save religious debates for the serious discussion thread
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:13 AM
hrsyinc
Hookah Newbie

haha Heresy is alive and well on the Hookah Pro forums

How much ice would you recommend? Is there a big difference between chopped and cubed?

Last edited by KoRnKitten; May 29th, 2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:19 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Guys, while I get that people come from different religious backgrounds and have views and opinions about religion, there really isn't need to go off topic on this thread. If you want to talk about religion, do it in the serious discussion board please.

People in the general forum may not want to venture into a topic like this, (especially since it's supposed to be about LEMONADE SHISHA) so the " don't read it if you don't like it" rule doesn't apply. Again, if you want to talk about it, by all means go to the Serious discussion section and talk about it there.

You have been warned.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; May 29th, 2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Edited and updated, since people won't stop talking about it.
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:38 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsyinc View Post
How much ice would you recommend? Is there a big difference between chopped and cubed?

I fill my base half way to where the water line is, so when the ice melts, it doesn't "overfill" my base. I also recommend cubed ice over crush, IMO crucshed ice seems to melt faster.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Oh, I also tend to put my base in the freezer for a few minutes while I'm cooking my coconaras.
Hope this helps.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval

Last edited by xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx; May 29th, 2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:06 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx View Post
I fill my base half way to where the water line is, so when the ice melts, it doesn't "overfill" my base. I also recommend cubed ice over crush, IMO crucshed ice seems to melt faster.
Dude ice takes up more room as a solid than as a liquid, the water level will actually decrease when the ice melts. But whenever I put ice in my base i just throw in like 6 or 7 ice cubes.
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Dude ice takes up more room as a solid than as a liquid, the water level will actually decrease when the ice melts. But whenever I put ice in my base i just throw in like 6 or 7 ice cubes.
This, pack that bitch full.
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM
fatdom22
Hookah Nut

i went nuts haha i probably put 30+ cubes, my base is very large i dont knwo if any of you have seen a KM jumbo base but its a monster. also it is the same tin i was smoking from before, i have heard that people are not having much of a problem with the flavor anymore, mine was one of the first produced i believe so its possible starbuzz worked out the kinks. i used a standard egyptian bowl before this but ill only use the phunnel with it for now on. and kornkitten was that whole religious thing aimed towards me? i didnt think my post was all the religious lol.
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:32 PM
RuFFandWanduh
Hookah Nut

I love fuzzy lemonade always has treated me well without harshness it does have a bite as with most strong citrus flavors. I should try it with ice!
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdom22 View Post
kornkitten was that whole religious thing aimed towards me? i didnt think my post was all the religious lol.
Not at all my friend. It was directed toward a comment that has been removed from the thread.
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
HookahKev
Hookah Pro

Quote:
said it for me, lol science class 101
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
PBRpunx14
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Dude ice takes up more room as a solid than as a liquid, the water level will actually decrease when the ice melts.
not to thread jack (though i really have no thoughts on SB lemonade flavor to contribute) or start a new heated debate, but this made me think of something bigger. if the earth's climate is slowly increasing in temperature (i understand this is not the place to debate whether or not "global warming" is real or what role humans could play in climate change) and the polar ice caps melt... will sea level go up, down, or remain basically the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia entry for Iceberg
Because the density of pure ice is about 920 kg/m, and that of sea water about 1025 kg/m, typically only one-tenth of the volume of an iceberg is above water.
that means roughly 90% submerged, and the density ratio of pure ice to seawater is about 90%. i think it'd stay roughly the same... so much for florida sinking

***EDIT*** then again, warmer water is less dense... screw it, i'm not sure. thoughts anyway?

Last edited by PBRpunx14; May 29th, 2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: temp change == density change
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook