Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Anybody on here have this hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 31st, 2010, 08:39 PM
andrew21091
Hookah Newbie

Default Anybody on here have this hookah?

Does anyone on here have this hookah? It is a 26" Iranian hookah with a wooden stem. Even if one hasn't used this one, has anyone tried a wood hookah before?

I'm intrigued by this and have debated getting it.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/wood_ir...h_671_prd1.htm
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:43 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Anybody on here have this hookah?

I feel like this would be hard to clean, especially if you had tobacco juice drip down your stem. Think the wood would warp/bend after several cleanings?
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:45 PM
DiS oNe GuY
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DiS oNe GuY

It looks nice and it seem it would smoke nice too, but one thing bothers me is the ash tray. Either it's really tiny or there isn't any.

I think the piping is metal while the wood is covering the piping
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:48 PM
hrsyinc
Hookah Newbie

I wouldn't get it personally as I think wood would be near impossible to clean. If you really love the look I say find a nice generic, pull it apart and make a nice wooden cover for the down stem and paint the base.
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:49 PM
DiS oNe GuY
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DiS oNe GuY

Oh geez, there is no metal stem pipe, just bare wood. Hmmmm... I don't know, wouldn't the wood absorb previous flavors?
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:00 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Guys, this isn't made for smoking your standard drippy, syruppy, flavored ma'assell out of.

It's made for traditional Tombak-style tobacco, which is a whole different animal. I'm sure it is outstanding for this style of smoking.

If you want the foll tombak experience you should definitely go for it, but I wouldn't put anything like starbuzz/Af or even nakhla in there.

Edit: By the way, the pipe in question is called a ghayloon.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:05 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

She looks nice, to be sure and the information it says that it has been lacquered so it should handle light washing, as long as you're not taking a brillo pad to it and wearing away the lacquer. As coyo said, I wouldn't want to smoke anything syrupy out of it. More traditional styles only. Otherwise, I like the way the wood looks. I was thinking of making a wooden stem sheath for a custom one of these days when my arm is up to the task. This just puts more fire under me to do it. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:28 PM
RaceMyGhost
Hookah Pro

My dad has one actually...lol

I was going through some of his stuff to see if anything would interest me (he told me to take whatever i want, he's a big collector and has many anciet things lol) and i came across that very same hookah in his pile of stuff. Its VERY VERY old and i dont know how hookahcompany even got a hold of it.

I liked the glass base a lot (he has the blue version) but the stem...ehh not so much. Its poor quality, nothing seals properly, and its just not worth the hassle in trying to get it to work. I would say pass on it, even if you're into smoking traditional tobacco. I see it as being more of a collectors item and something you just put up for display.
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:28 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMyGhost View Post
My dad has one actually...lol

I was going through some of his stuff to see if anything would interest me (he told me to take whatever i want, he's a big collector and has many anciet things lol) and i came across that very same hookah in his pile of stuff. Its VERY VERY old and i dont know how hookahcompany even got a hold of it.

I liked the glass base a lot (he has the blue version) but the stem...ehh not so much. Its poor quality, nothing seals properly, and its just not worth the hassle in trying to get it to work. I would say pass on it, even if you're into smoking traditional tobacco. I see it as being more of a collectors item and something you just put up for display.
Once again I say: Pipes of this type are for TOMBAK. The seals shouldn't be a huge issue with this type of smoking. This pipe is not made for ma'assell, not even traditional types like Zaghloul. It is made to handle a tobacco that is used and smoked entirely differently than what most of you are used to, and as I said, I imagine the bare wooden interior only enhances that experience.

Race, it doesn't surprise me that your dad may have a similar pipe. Pipes of this style are extremely popular in Iran and the surrounding areas. They're just not so common in the west where the only thing anyone's ever exposed to is wet sugary stuff that would play hell on a pipe of this type.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook