Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

Default My hookah

Can anyone tell me anything about my hookah? I see a lot of people talking about what kind of hookah they have, makes and models and stuff. But i bought mine through a local smoke shop and I see it at other ones around here. Here are a few pics of it. Im the only person you can see, I didnt feel right about posting pics of people smoking without there permission. And please don't rag on my hookah it smokes amazing.

Old June 9th, 2010, 01:51 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Default Re: My hookah

where did you order from sahara smoke?
might be a little tough to figure out with the black and white photos
i might be looking at a MYA but then again im not sure because of the photo
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

I just bought it at a local shop, it was priced at 200 but I talked it down to 150, the valves are self plugging, ill take some of just the hookah later because i'm just at work now. XD
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:57 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

cool, with better pics we can figure it out more accurately
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:58 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

If its at a local smoke shop i assume it would be a generic/ chineese hookah. Unless your smoke shop is a hookah speciality shop. Dont worry about people raggin on your rig, we all start somewhere. Hell I have a single hose 10" hookah. As long as it smokes good who cares what it is.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:04 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

yea im afraid its a knock off. the shop I bought it from has some legit brands though, they sell some KM's and a few others but for outrageously high prices. but It smokes great and my friends and I all have fun with it.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Maylene
Hookah Nut

No reason to think that we would rag on your pipe (unless is was ed hardy) , I personally got my KM stolen at a party, now I'm using a 8" little tiny Egyptian $15 pipe. If it smokes that's what matters.

Looking to get a bigger pipe again, as soon as I can bring my self to hand away another 50-70 bucks.

Old June 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Shirtless7
Hookah Nut

I bought a 36 inch generic Egyptian from a smoke shop as well, like Aral said, we all have to start somewhere. Looking from the photos though, your hoses (Assuming you haven't changed them) look Chinese. Also they like to make multi-hose hookahs, so that is another clue that is could be just be a generic Chinese pipe.

As long as you enjoy it, and it keeps smoking well, keep using it. If you want to upgrade, consider looking online because for what you paid for the 4 hose you could have got a really nice Tri-metal KM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Ya, my next pipe might be another from the smoke shop, but i wont pay much for it. when i want to get my good hookah i am gonna head to hookah-shisha.com
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Marco Poko

I can tell you that it looks all black and has 4 hoses. Need some better pics for more info
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

yeah its got a black vase and gun metal type coloring on the stem. I just ordered two nammor hoses that are comming in on monday but when the time comes to trade up ill go a head and get one online. can anyone tell me what these supported vendors are? I see people mention "trusted vendors" all the time but where do I find this list of TV's lol
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:56 PM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

I think it is a generic Chinese hookah. A "premium hookah" to be exact. Thats what it said on the box of the one my friend got and it has the same hoses and styling on the stem. His dosent compare to one of my nice rigs but it smokes pretty good. But hey, we all start somewhere. My first rig was a 30 dollar "egyptian" hookah.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801smokey View Post
yeah its got a black vase and gun metal type coloring on the stem. I just ordered two nammor hoses that are comming in on monday but when the time comes to trade up ill go a head and get one online. can anyone tell me what these supported vendors are? I see people mention "trusted vendors" all the time but where do I find this list of TV's lol
http://www.hookahpro.com/index.php?pageid=links
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Ble3dth3freak
Hookah Pro

Aww man. Not to say anything against your hookah, I'm sure it smokes awesome but $150? Never in a million years bro.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

yea unfortunately more and more I feel I got ripped, but I bought this way before I found Hookahpro.com. now I know for the future.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
yea unfortunately more and more I feel I got ripped, but I bought this way before I found Hookahpro.com. now I know for the future.
I think it's safe to say that most of us have dumped way too much money on sub-par rigs in the past. It's part of the learning process. Smoke it as long as it lasts, and when the time comes, you'll be able to get a great rig at a great price and be proud of that one too.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Ya, my sub par rig is on the fritz and i gotta replace it asap, hopefully in a week or two, but probally not. Anyway, despite the multiple hoses I like the ooks of your rig. Just not a fan of multiple hoses.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:53 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

for some reason my computer wont let me quote others but AralVorkosigan, you dont like multiple hoses? im pretty much dependent on them because of the amounts of people I smoke with, I like being able to take a hit when ever I want instead of having to wait for a hose to come my way.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:57 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Ya, but then you have to have that many people to smoke it or screw around with plugging ports. they can be good for parties as long as people know that two people hitting at the same times makes the smoke thinner. I dont mind passing the hose,but that just me, I might even go for a two hose someone just so my wife and me an lay back and enjoy.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

Yea im startin to think about getting another hookah smaller, only like one or two hoses, good quality just for me and my partner in crime, pretty much my best friend to use. thanks for all the help and advice everyone!
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM
lastinterface
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lastinterface

Mine's a Chinese POS, and my friend... well I wouldn't call him that, but some dude I know gives me major shit just because he's been smoking for a year longer, and he has 8 hookahs. As long as it smokes good, who gives a fuck what brand it is?
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

exactally, the chineese hokahs where made for a reason, for people to get stared into hookah with. they are cheap so you can make mistakes with them and be ok. When i get my new one i am gonna open the chamber (heart) of my old one out for educational purposes and why people should eventually move to good hookahs. shiuld be lots of corrosion and gunk in it, at least i think their is.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AralVorkosigan View Post
exactally, the chineese hokahs where made for a reason, for people to get stared into hookah with. they are cheap so you can make mistakes with them and be ok. When i get my new one i am gonna open the chamber (heart) of my old one out for educational purposes and why people should eventually move to good hookahs. shiuld be lots of corrosion and gunk in it, at least i think their is.
YOU SHOULD POST VIDEOS WHEN YOU TAKE IT APART! thatd be a big help
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
YOU SHOULD POST VIDEOS WHEN YOU TAKE IT APART! thatd be a big help

I plan to, but because of the crappyness of my camera i am gonna have to take higher resolution pictures and interlace them into my film. Should be fun though.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
trptguy007
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinterface View Post
Mine's a Chinese POS, and my friend... well I wouldn't call him that, but some dude I know gives me major shit just because he's been smoking for a year longer, and he has 8 hookahs. As long as it smokes good, who gives a fuck what brand it is?
guy sounds like a real douche. its not about how many you have or what type, its about enjoying it as much as you can. If you love the hell out of your Chinese hookah, by all means be happy. you have to take the recommendations for the "best" hookah stuff on here as more like advice than as the standard for what you "should" have. People say KM is the best because of their experience with it, and that's fine. thats what they have found to work for them. you can't quantify enjoyment of something. Besides, who made hookah smoking a competition?
Share with your friends on facebook