Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Having hookah trouble

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Romalta
Hookah Newbie

Default Having hookah trouble

ok guys hi i am Romalta and well i am new and i have a mini hookah but i step up all good but see i dont poke mini holes in the foil i do one big one for a better hit so i have heard. Also at first my throat does not burn but latter it does what could be the cause. also what brand of hookah has the strongest flavor taste as well i have Tonic and Strawberrty DaiQuri. i just rally want to know is it suppose to burn your throat.
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:07 AM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

Default Re: Having hookah trouble

use small holes. one big hole is stupid as hell. poke holes with a pin of some sort. and make sure the shisha isnt touching the foil so it dosent burn. and for strong flavored shisha id say nakhla or af.
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Romalta
Hookah Newbie

thanks man
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:27 AM
BJNeville
Hookah Newbie

As far as the burning goes, try different packing techniques, rotate your coal every 15 minutes or so for an even burn, small holes well placed, try a spiral or sets of rings.
Watch some tutorials and vids on it! Let us know if its not working out well for ya
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:52 AM
requi3m
Hookah Nut

I've never heard of one big hole in the middle of the bowl, but hey, no harm in experimenting. I found that hookah-hookah has a lot of flavor and a HUGE variety of flavors too.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:44 AM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNeville View Post
As far as the burning goes, try different packing techniques, rotate your coal every 15 minutes or so for an even burn, small holes well placed, try a spiral or sets of rings.
Watch some tutorials and vids on it! Let us know if its not working out well for ya
It really dosent matter how the holes are poked. if you feel the need to make neat little rings or cool designs or whatever else floats your boat all the more power too ya but it really dosent matter. you can poke the holes random as hell as long as they are evenly spaced and it will be just fine.
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:52 AM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Surprisingly I was once in your shoes kinda. When i was first introduced to hookah, i was shown to only poke 5 holes(one hole per hole in your bowl) about a half inch in width, and to use the poker to make a tunnel kinda to the holes on bowl to get airflow.

IGNORE WHAT YOU JUST READ!! ITS COMPLICATED AND MOSTLY WRONG!!

OK. no pack you bowl fluffy, just sprinkle some shisha on there. add foil. poke holes depending on you bowl(theres lots of ways, and i think theres a thread on just hole patterns)
This is what i do personanly.

Vortex: 3 circles( holes about a centemeter apart) from the outside to the inside spire
Egyptian/mod: "Swirl" pattern till you end up with a dot in the middle. so poke around the outside and when you get back to the starting point, start poking a bit more in, then follow just inside of the face ring you made creating a Swirl. Also when you pack these types of bowls a cool trick it to stick your poker(toothpick, or the one on tongs) up the bottom of the bowl and through the holes. just straight up and down to loose up the pack a bit and give you better airflow. to check it blow through the bottom and you should be able to hear the flow.
Phunnel: 2/3 Rings depending on how much airflow i want. One single hole in the middle down the spire.

SIDE NOTE: DO NOT PUT COALS ON THE MIDDLE OF THE VORTEX AND PHUNNEL

as ride said, it doesnt really matter what pattern you use. people use them as a constant. if your trying a new shisha, you want to keep everything the same as a normal session so you know your judging the shisha on the shisha and not on the lack of airflow or vice versa.

patterns are really just a nice way of remembering how to poke hole to get even airflow all the time.

cheers
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Romalta
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys i had tryed to put a pattern and it was good but my smoke was not as thick as it was with th big hole in the middle. Also i dont have the double sheet tin foil i have to take 2 sep parts of foil and put them together and when i left it of my bowl the Tabacco is stuck to it and rest is in the bowl now is that a problem.
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Ahildebrand13
Hookah Nut

You're probably not getting enough heat now, keep experimenting, adding coals, windcover etc. you'll get it soon enough
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
BJNeville
Hookah Newbie

If tobacco is getting stuck to your foil, you might be packing your bowl too high, try packing the edges a little tighter, and leaving the middle pretty loose, and plop two coals on it until it starts to get too hot for you, you should get some good clouds going. Include some pics too maybe so we can see what youre doing
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

I usually stick to one layer of foil myself, 2 just causese to many problems. I suppose I could put two up, and use an extra coal, but then i am wasting foil and coals, and that shit ads up quick. With one layer, and one coal it takes about 5 minutes to start getting thick clouds, with ice on my base water. some tobacco may stick to your foil, that kinda normal. as long as it dont taste burnt its fine, just try and put a little less in your bowl. rotate your coals. I have never used a wind cover myself, but i feel i do a good job of managing my heat without one with the above process.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Robbo873
Hookah Nut

i use several rings of small holes. works great with coco's. if you're not getting enough flow enlarge the holes.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:58 PM
dabboy
Hookah Nut

it sounds like that bowl is heating up too much, which is why it's nice in the beginning but then gets bad. If you have a wind cover on it remove it when it starts getting bad, or if you don't then try using less coals if you are using more then one, and if you aren't using more then one poke more holes so you get more air.
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:02 PM
z4dave
Hookah Newbie

Burning throat usually means burning shisha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook