Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

alien mini phunnel bowl question

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM
unirox13
Hookah Newbie

Default alien mini phunnel bowl question

ok folks, pardon my newbish questions here, but i need some advice to make sure i'm making a good purchase. my girlfriend and i both smoke regularly at our local hookah bar, neither of us has the cash to get our own hookah atm, but we love the hobby. we're in good with the owner of the hookah bar so he lets us do a lot of things that he doesn't let the other customers do, like bring our own shisha, etc. i'm really getting tired of smoking out of egyptian style bowls and i want to get a phunnel bowl. i eventually plan on having more than one size phunnel bowl and at least one vortex bowl, but this is going to be my first purchase. when her and i are smoking we usually can smoke for 2ish hours before the shisha in the egyptian bowls becomes pretty much worthless. we try and smoke it until it's good and used up before getting a re-pack just so we're not ripping off the bar and they'll continue giving us discounts and stuff. (the shop owner has shown his appreciation that we try not to waste his shisha) they use quicklight coals at the bar and only 1 at a time. by the end of our 2ish hour session we're still getting really great clouds but we usually try and wait until it starts tasting tobacco-y before stopping.

my question is, are we going to get as long a smoke out of the alien mini phunnel bowl before we completely lose the flavor of the shisha, or is it going to last less time?

also, we usually smoke either AF or HH

please advise ya'll, you're great people.
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: alien mini phunnel bowl question

Smaller the bowl, smaller the tobacco, smaller the session.

If you want a longer session get a bigger bowl. The smaller bowls are used for quick sessions, though you can smoke for about an hour or tow on them, with a larger bowl you can smoke through many sets of coals.
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Yeah the Alien will last for about an hour or two, depending on how you pack it, how many coals you use etc.

If you're looking for a phunnel that will give you 2 hours plus, go with a small or medium Tangiers (make sure its the legit one) Phunnel. Medium is big, I've got one, and it easily can last beyond 2 hours.

Large Phunnel... is probably too big for two haha
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
brybry642
Hookah Nut

I'm curious. You said that you smoke "regularly" at the hookah bar. How often is this, and how much does each session cost you?
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM
ozlopez
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ozlopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybry642 View Post
I'm curious. You said that you smoke "regularly" at the hookah bar. How often is this, and how much does each session cost you?
i was thinking the same thing.. if you go a lot just stop going a few times and save that cash and buy your own setup. it'll be well worth it.. being able to smoke when you want, not having to drive somewhere to smoke (wasting gas, which is more $$). having your own hookah compared to going to a hookah bar/lounge saves you a lot of green in the long run. its definitely worth saving up and getting one.
My Video Reviews
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
unirox13
Hookah Newbie

we usually go once a week maybe twice depending on how we're feeling, but usually they only charge us about 4 or 5 bucks per bowl because the owner is my dads uncle so he likes us a lot. if we bring our own shisha he won't even charge us. and we save on tips too because he lets us control our own coals. he's actually told us not to tip them unless we get food. o and we live within walking distance. the only time we drive is if it's raining or beyond cold outside.

hopefully her and i will have enough to get our own hookah in a few months. money's tight right now but we're both putting some cash aside every pay check to save up for our hobbies.
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

alien = about an hour
small= about 2 hours
med = about 4 hours
large = a trip to the hospital or 8 or more hours
Share with your friends on facebook