Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I miss Dee :/

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:06 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Default I miss Dee :/

I hope he comes back to say hi soon.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Default Re: I miss Dee :/

I concur with this, I always enjoyed watching his reviews.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:45 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Alot of people around here miss him. But he said the reason he was leaving was because he was trying to quit smoking altogether.
So for his sake, I hope we don't see him around here for awhile.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

Speaking of missing, what happened to CaptHowdy? He's been gone for a while. Also, many of the oldtimers are not here anymore, mostly newbies.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

I also enjoyed his videos, some of his videos were the reason I actually signed up for HP haha.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
harry_boii
Hookah Newbie

yeah i watched his over packing method video and it helped so much
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

yeah, seems like we have alot of very active new members, which is great, but its different when people aren't in that beginners learning stage. Less questions, more brain storming.
As far as not hanging out here cause you are trying to quit....i think thats a good idea, there are times i come on here and then i feel like smoking.
Howdy said he would return when he got settled, its an awful job market out there, so it could take a long time.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

I think that the "Free shisha" is bringing in alot of newer people. i am relativly new myself and I have notice a rise in new peoples. I just hope they stick around, contribute, and do reviews and stuff.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AralVorkosigan View Post
I think that the "Free shisha" is bringing in alot of newer people. i am relativly new myself and I have notice a rise in new peoples. I just hope they stick around, contribute, and do reviews and stuff.
I hope for the sake of this forum that you are wrong...

I hope Dee is able to quit smoking. Even if he cant be a regular anymore it would be nice if he could stop in every so often after he quits.

As for Cap't. I really hope he gets settled soon. We all miss him a lot.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
SavageBeast
Hookah Pro

Hey i'm a newb to this site. A buddy told me about it, I got on and fell in love with this little online community. haha I must admit, I do look forward to being able to get "free shisha" and compete in the contests. But i'm also in it to learn all I can and be at least the most knowledgable hookah guy of my local buddies. There all stuck to the local shops being there main source of knowledge, and the guy barely speaks english. haha so I plan on logging on everyday for awhile...
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
slasher126
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageBeast View Post
Hey i'm a newb to this site. A buddy told me about it, I got on and fell in love with this little online community. haha I must admit, I do look forward to being able to get "free shisha" and compete in the contests. But i'm also in it to learn all I can and be at least the most knowledgable hookah guy of my local buddies. There all stuck to the local shops being there main source of knowledge, and the guy barely speaks english. haha so I plan on logging on everyday for awhile...
second on that....a few months ago i found a place that actually isnt run by immigrants.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

there is a middle-eastern neighborhood near me where there is literally like 10 shops that sell hookah stuff in 3 blocks. There is one store in particular that probably does about 3-4 times the business cause he speaks both arabic and perfect english and he leaves you alone until you talk to him. The other stores have reverse discrimination and follow you around the second you walk in even though they cant answer a single question. They even have some out of the ordinary tobacco that i can never by cause you have to know how to ask for it(which i dont)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
SavageBeast
Hookah Pro

Ya I live in central california, and the guy that runs the nearest shop to my house, "smoke-4-less" can barely speak English and gives you a dirty look every time you come in. I usually only go by there if I'm in dire need of coals, which in that case i'm going in there to buy a little brick of silver flint coals. I asked for the coals and it takes about 3 mins for him to grab them, I pretty much have to lean completely over the table and point for him to understand what I want. I don't try to be rude, its just a pain. But i solved that problem, I ordered the 108 box of coco-naras on monday. haha
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
there is a middle-eastern neighborhood near me where there is literally like 10 shops that sell hookah stuff in 3 blocks. There is one store in particular that probably does about 3-4 times the business cause he speaks both arabic and perfect english and he leaves you alone until you talk to him. The other stores have reverse discrimination and follow you around the second you walk in even though they cant answer a single question. They even have some out of the ordinary tobacco that i can never by cause you have to know how to ask for it(which i dont)
Buying from a local shop is the way to go, at least for me. Not only the prices are much lower than online vendors and not having to pay shipping but the main reason for me is I am able to actually open the can and smell the tobacco or inspect the date for freshness before I decide to buy. I got burnt too many times buying nice sounding flavours online only to be disappointed when I open the package and get something I wasn't expected.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaD View Post
Speaking of missing, what happened to CaptHowdy? He's been gone for a while. Also, many of the oldtimers are not here anymore, mostly newbies.
Last i heard he was moving... dont know what takes so long to move though
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:17 PM
codybeight
Hookah Nut

I think we all miss Dee. He is a great reviewer and full of great hookah knowledge!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
harestgainer
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageBeast View Post
I'm new too but I'm here for the knowledge more than anything I've done a few quick reviews but not here for the free shisha or anything. I do like the discounts though from supporting vendors got a nice KM
Old June 23rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Ahildebrand13
Hookah Nut

In honor of Dee i am smoking overpacked Naklah
Cheers
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook