Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Ice hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Ice hookah

I'm looking to get a nice Ice hookah for my next purchase. I'd prefer it be a egyptian, I already have a modern and a bohemian.

So far I looked to social smoke, hookahcompany, MN hookah, and smoking-hookah.com. The 32 or 34 inch MN and SS have is the best I've found so far, but I believe should be others that maybe look a little more... I don't know I almost want it gaudy.

I'd like the hookah to have a lot of character both in its base ( the frosted one at SS is a little boring) same with it being clear at MN but I believe they also have other colors. But I'd also like one that has a more interesting stem... maybe syrian or some such in style.

I'd almost like it to be a 36 due to the appearant preportion view of it. After all compared to other hookahs it looks a little top heavy.

So I thinke SS which I like the size of 34 but not so much the base.

and then theres MN which I like the look of the base but I believe is 32.

[img width=400 height=600]http://mnhookahs.com/images/IMG_2967.jpg[/img]

So, is there anyother sites I could look at that are both reputable and preferably fair priced, or can anyone recommend a specific hookah. I don't want to buy from my local hookah bar, the guys ok, but honestly its 3x or more expensive than online.

I know social smoke is pretty reputable for quality hookahs, but the frosted will get scratched and look dingy over time.
Old June 13th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via Yahoo to girlgeek
Default Re: Ice hookah

Can you screw an ice bucket on your bohemian?
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Hookah Guru

Personally I like the bottom hookah of the two you posted pictures of, but why a Ice hookah?

It's more effective to put ice in the base, chill the base itself, or put the base in a bucket of ice. Think about how quickly the smoke passes thru the ice bucket, it won't stay too long or chill too much.

Plus, you have to take extra caution to dry it (the bucket) as I've heard they can be prone to rust.

It looks nice, but I'd also worry about it being top heavy as well. Well, each to their own. I do like the look of the second picture although, the base may be plain, but it has a class of it's own.
Old June 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Hookah Newbie

Actually, I tried the chiller hookah last night at my loccal shop. And let me tell you it worked 10x better than ice in the base. Even at home with my other hookahs, I put ice in it. but the ice is melted within the first 15 to 30 minutes.

The chiller kept the smoke cool, outside even and frankly it was really warm yetserday about 90 degrees, for about and hour to an hour and a half. And then, when you want to add more ice you just lift the coal plate a little and BAMMO!! more ice. rather than having to take the stem out, make sure coals don't fall of the plate, let ash get everywhere adjust the water level, etc...

Thats why you get a chiller. Or, at least, thats why I want to get a chiller.

Oh yeah, and I have yet to see "screw on" replacements of alt. parts.
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to PerznPerversion

The bottom one looks prettier in my opinion

Also ive heard alot of people say the ice ones suck, thats why i didnt buy one. But if you say its good then go for it =-)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook