Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The not so good side to narghile smoking, part 2

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default The not so good side to narghile smoking, part 2

Yesterday, I was sitting around after dinner about a block from my house in this picnic area having a smoke with my friend Yamha who brought her small (around 60cm) Egyptian that I have which is a pretty average rig in my view. We are enjoying ourselves chatting when a couple of fat, balding guys come up a start asking us what sort of dope we’re smoking. Yamha says we are smoking Ashafani tombac (she had a little left over from her last trip home) and the fat guys say something like “yeah right, whatever”.

What happened next pissed me off big time when one of the fat guys looks at Yamha and says “you look foreign, are you sorta muslim?” Yamha responds with “your pretty sharp, I guess nothing gets by you” At this point I’m annoyed and pipe up “actually, she looks Arab because one she is one and a Christian one at that”. The second fat guy says something about how all Arabs are Muslims and he doesn’t like what ever we are smoking. The first fat guys starts blabbing about how “he’s gonna call the FBI” and we are going to get deported. I laugh and tell them to go ahead.

By this time a few other people are hanging around watching the fracas when one of the fat guys walks over and knocks over the narghile. I start yelling at the guy that did it while Yamha says we need to leave and is tugging on my arm. So we start to walk away while both the fat guys are screaming stuff about how horrible Arabs are.

Sometimes I wonder why my neighborhood is as quite and as peaceful as it is given such cretins live so close by.
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
girlgeek
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to girlgeek
Default Re: The not so good side to narghile smoking, part 2

Where do you live?? I've never gotten more than an occasional, "What flavor?" "Damn that smells good" and once, "I'm just gonna assume you're smoking tobacco"
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:41 AM
Rudie Cant Fail
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgeek
Where do you live?? I've never gotten more than an occasional, "What flavor?" "Damn that smells good" and once, "I'm just gonna assume you're smoking tobacco"
For real, and cretins is an excellent term. I absoluetely abhor people that manage to live such ignorant lives. It's an embarassment that they call themselves Americans, I mean, catch up with the times, friends.
It's never fun to hear these kind of things. My sympathies, again Hajo
Old June 21st, 2007, 05:57 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Thanks Rudie, you seem like a pretty mellow, thoughtful guy and it's good to hear from you.

Well I live in New Mexico and getting snide comments and hassled by cops is pretty common here. I think the racial thing is a result of the state being filled with freaky rapture cultists style "Christians" who openly hate anything Arab or Muslim. Anyone whose read the crazy crap posted on netscape.com will see what I mean.

For the most part New Mexico is a pretty good place to live however (except for the urban crime and poverty) and I view it as better then most parts of the U.S.A.

I understand from a neighbor that one of the fat guys was accosting another friend of mine whose a very vocal advocate of an economic theory called Distributivism and very anti-war. It seems the fat guy pushed things too far and got beaten down.

I guess some only learn to behave when forced to.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook