Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

smiley plum?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM
mrbubbler
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mrbubbler
Default smiley plum?

anyone ever try this? just ordered some and am very curious of the flavor -=) i hope its like a sweet tart plum. haha lets also hope smiley sends me some ass kicker or some other crazy flavors to mess around with!

toodles.
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: smiley plum?

you and me both

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 12th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Well the Plum lets see.... The first Batch was awsome. The second not so much. This batch I think we have lift off. It took awhile to dial that one in. But I feel like I figured it out. It is such a mild flavor in general.To transfer that flavor to Shisha. is kinda tough. But we will see.
Smiley
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:40 PM
AZcoyote
Hookah Newbie

Just got my smiley order today and had read this post so plum is the first one I've tried. This is my first wiff of Smileys Sexy flavors. My experience with Berry Blast and Orange Bang was much better. But I hasten to add, I have not tried any of the other jars here, and I look forward to testing the following and reporting as I go. Untested are Bubbleberry, Prickly Pear, Watermelon, Horchata and Peach. You will get my honest opinion.

I used my large egyptian, very thoroughly cleaned, brand new Mya hose (nargileclub has them) Jap style coals, cold water from fridge. Foil with a standard hole pattern that always works for me.

. I loaded up a small phunnel with a spoon. The shisha is completely submerged in juice. Way too much juice. When I put the red hot coals on the foil it immediately started sizzling very loud. It reminded me of the way HookahHookah sounds at first, cause it has so much water added. It took more heat and time to get this going compared to other quality smokes like Layalina, Al Fakher or Romman. . I suspect too much water found it's way into the massel.

Flavor/Smell: Hate to say this but....There is nothing in this batch that even hints at plum!

Once going, the flavor is very mild and toward the end of the first set of coals, a vague fruit flavor presents itself and the smoke gets sweeter. I got good clouds, nothing spectacular after 15 minutes of work. I even got a buzz. Or I just hyperventilated. Not sure. I am about to put on the second set of coals and we will see how it goes. 8)

Will keep ya posted. Good to see so many familiar usernames on this forum. Glad to be here.

SECOND SET OF COALS:

This is working much better now. Rapid take off and thicker some. No sizzling. A bit more flavor, but still wanting in that department. I am now getting real nice not-so-mild buzz. Surprised I can feel anything from washed massel. Making lots of typos. Thank goodness for spell check or you'd think I was unedumakated.
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Thank you for the review. I totally agree. Plum is a Hard one to Hit. But still trying. I might be discotinuing that flavor if I cann't find a perfect plum.
Smilley
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
AZcoyote
Hookah Newbie

Yeah, plum is hard to get spot on. After three sets of coals, I pulled back the foil and lo and behold, the stuff looked practically intact. WTF. I pulled out any blackened bits, put Naklah lemon in the bottom of the phunnel and piled the plum back on top. Piled it up higher than the rim. This is now working great. Using three jap style coals. Lemon somehow brings the plum flav out and the added zing of lemon complements . This is a phenomenal smoke. The extra nicotine from the Naklah comes on gently, but man, it's still there bigtime. I am into my second of coals with this new arrangement, and the smoke is thick, intensely flavored, with not a tack in the throat.
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

any discountinuing ones, i'll take whatevers left if there's a discounted price WOOT WOOT :d
LOL
SORRY had to.... and i called first dibs so all the jackal's and hyena's better stay away

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
mrbubbler
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mrbubbler

plums smells alot like cherry but have not smoked it yet. will smoke them all tonight. well all the ones i have not tried, pina colada, cherry, plum. but for some odd reason my raspberry smells alittle like horchata (cinnamon hint) but cant say shivv till i smoke it haha.

on a diffrent note SMILEY were was my samples!!!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook