Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Seeking Clarification...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 7th, 2008, 01:09 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Default Seeking Clarification...

Hey Gang:

I'm new around here and have my first hookah arriving in about 2 weeks. Part of my deal was getting about 400g of Soex (I dont know if its herbal or not) Shisha along with it. I've seen some threads regarding this, but wanted to get a very very definitive anwer here.

So there is "Shisha" and there is "Herbal Shisha"

Does "Shisha" contain tobacco, nicotine, tar like Cigarettes?

Is "Herbal Shisha" non tobacco? What is in it and is it healthier than non Herbal Shisha?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:22 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Seeking Clarification...

I'm not sure what is in soex, although I believe it contains a large amount of "I'm gonna puke!" and possibly some "fucking nasty!"!
traditional shisha(btw, in the mid east, "shisha" is a name for the hookah, not the tobacco.In the west, for some reason, we call the tobacco "shisha".)is made with tobacco mixed w/ mollasses and/or honey.More contemporary brands tend to use vegetable glycerin as an emulsifier. The nicotine content is determined by the quality of the tobacco and whether or not it has been "washed". As far as tar goes, anything you smoke will contain tar, even soex.
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

shisha is egyptian for water pipe.

normally hookah tobacco is just that. its tobacco, either washed or unwashed, and the nioctine isn't truly measured but is considered to be .05% (washed) to .5% (unwashed). Tangiers is .3% (unwashed line).

Herbal Mix is made of cane sugar (soex is at least) and who knows what happens when you smoke it.
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:05 AM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I'm not sure what is in soex, although I believe it contains a large amount of "I'm gonna puke!" and possibly some "fucking nasty!"!
traditional shisha(btw, in the mid east, "shisha" is a name for the hookah, not the tobacco.In the west, for some reason, we call the tobacco "shisha".)is made with tobacco mixed w/ mollasses and/or honey.More contemporary brands tend to use vegetable glycerin as an emulsifier. The nicotine content is determined by the quality of the tobacco and whether or not it has been "washed". As far as tar goes, anything you smoke will contain tar, even soex.

HAHAHAHA OH FUCK I cant stop laughing!
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:26 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

you're better off smoking carpet with honey than soex. Some of the black label flavors are quite alright though
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:28 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Most of the pure white smoke comes from the Glycerin, not the tobacco, in terms of Americanized shisha (like starbuzz). Tar is produced from burning tobacco. Someone on the forums did a little test and found no tar after smoking 2 bowls of Al Fakher shisha. It's really impossible to know if "Tobacco" causes cancer; but Cigarettes, do. Shisha is NOT cigarettes. The worst part of hookah smoking is the coals, by far.
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I've got some Herbal Black from Hookah Hookah, it smells good. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will be doing reviews on it.

I think people just find the regular tobacco to be so much more enjoyable. The non-tobacco products don't get much praise. It is good for hookah lounges that don't have a permit to smoke tobacco or sell it.

Try it out though, you may like it!?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

in persian shisha means glass...but we call hookah in iran Ghalyoun
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Bassism
Hookah Nut

Yeah, your best bet is to buy some tobacco shisha, but if you want to stick with herbal, definitely get some Hookah Hookah Black Label.

That Soex is not even worth smoking. I doubt as a newbie if you'll even be able to get it to smoke.
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Hmm...sounds like I need a backup stash. I was browing the HookahHookah store last night after I saw the first couple of posts. They have a great weekend special that I think I'll be taking advantage of!

Thanks for all the feedback!
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Hmm...sounds like I need a backup stash. I was browing the HookahHookah store last night after I saw the first couple of posts. They have a great weekend special that I think I'll be taking advantage of!

Thanks for all the feedback!
be sure to ckeck the vendor section for specials and reviews as well.And if you have any questions w/regards to tobacco, etc., we have a product review section that is second to none! good luck!
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
hookah_man69
Hookah Newbie

shisha dos not contain tar but is dos contain a small amount of nekotein 0.05% for every 40 grams. which is nothing
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

tar occurs when anything burns. so it doesn't contain tar until you put coal on it (if the tobacco is burned that is)...

its hard to say truthfully what happens because the tobacco isn't supposed to burn, but rather char and dry up
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookah_man69 View Post
shisha dos not contain tar but is dos contain a small amount of nekotein 0.05% for every 40 grams. which is nothing
You cannot burn mollasses/honey/glycerin w/out producing a resin, which is also known as tar.That crap you clean out of your stem? It' tar! The crap you blow out of your hose when cleaning it? It's tar!
Does moassell have the amount of tar as a cigarette? No. But it does in fact contain tar.
And you cannot assume all moasell contains the same amount of nicotine.It very much depends on the quality of the tobacco and how thuroughly, if at all, the tobacco was washed.

Last edited by abu ronin; June 7th, 2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: add
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook