Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

AL FAKHER GRAPE NO MORE!!!!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
cardevi
Hookah Newbie

Thumbs down AL FAKHER GRAPE NO MORE!!!!!!

Ok, here is the deal. I went out today to give myself a nice Father's Day treat. So, I go to my local middle eastern neighborhood deli and I buy myself a 250 gram tub of my favorite flavor... AL FAKHER GRAPE!! At least it used to be my favorite flavor!!! It didn't smell like ketchup, but it sure as hell didn't smell like the grapey goodness I was acustomed to treating my nasal passages to. Decided to give it a smoke anyway, and I ruined my own Father's Day!! What a friggin disaster, it tasted like absolute shit and I was very pissed I waited an hour and a half, let the tub acclimate, stirred the tobacco (which made it smell worse if you could believe that!)and again same results!!! I am sending this to the distributor and I want them to tell me that the tub I have is ok. This is completely unacceptable and if the distributors continue to ignore the issue, then more drastic measures must be implemented. I believe in one of the previous threads, somebody mentioned that the distributor said that only people on the forums were complaining... WELL HELLO, PEOPLE THAT AREN'T ON A FORUM HAVE NO OTHER METHOD TO AIR OUT THEIR GRIEVANCES, SO OF COURSE MOST OF THE COMPLAINTS WILL BE FROM SMOKERS THAT ARE PART OF A FORUM!!! Until this flavor issue is fixed, I will never again smoke AF GRAPE... EVER!!!! I HAVE NO AL FAKHER GRAPE!!!

Last edited by cardevi; June 15th, 2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416
Default Re: AL FAKHER GRAPE NO MORE!!!!!!

i actually have 2 50g packs of af grape ill try one 2morrow .. im prob gunna get crap results.. but we will see..
Old June 15th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Yep AF has become unreliable. The bad batches and the new cut of the tobacco is awful. I'd recommend Al Amir White Grape. I have smoked AF Grape 4 times from 4 different batches and it was never nearly as good as AA White Grape.
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM
cardevi
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Yep AF has become unreliable. The bad batches and the new cut of the tobacco is awful. I'd recommend Al Amir White Grape. I have smoked AF Grape 4 times from 4 different batches and it was never nearly as good as AA White Grape.
The tub I bought has a production date of January 2008. The flavor left me extemely frustrated and depressed
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:52 PM
MNH
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to MNH

Im lucky I have yet to try the AF ketchup.. All the grape I smoke taste fine.. I have smoked at least 500 grams this month.. My new favorite mix is AF grape and AF mint..give it a try..
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:55 AM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

I am with MNH on this one....
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I'm with MNH and Nazar on this one too!

I am LOVING AF GRAPE! BEST friggen flavor out there! I have yet to experience a bad tub, and I have had 750 grams of it in the last couple of months.

I am probably going to put up some AF Grape in a trade the Elites are working on between each other ... just so Members can see how fantastic this flavor is!

I feel bad that some of you are experiencing bad af grape. And I understand your frustration. It pains me though, to see it bashed and ruin all hopes of others attempting to try it in the future!

This is and always will be one of my top 3 favorites!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:54 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I'm with MNH and Nazar on this one too!

I am LOVING AF GRAPE! BEST friggen flavor out there! I have yet to experience a bad tub, and I have had 750 grams of it in the last couple of months.

I am probably going to put up some AF Grape in a trade the Elites are working on between each other ... just so Members can see how fantastic this flavor is!

I feel bad that some of you are experiencing bad af grape. And I understand your frustration. It pains me though, to see it bashed and ruin all hopes of others attempting to try it in the future!

This is and always will be one of my top 3 favorites!
I got a 06 batch from abu, and it smelled great and tasted pretty nice! All in All I think it might be a mindset. Or like a placebo type of things. I dunno what it is, but when you can get away from a "ketchup" batch. Things are fantastic.
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

If I get a batch of Al Fakher Grape that tastes like ketchup, you can bet your ass I will be sending it back to Al Fakher! as a matter of fact, I may call today to find out more about this "bad batch" of grape .. see what they are doing about it!?

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM
hookahboi
Hookah Newbie

luckily I never had a ketchup smell or bad batches of AF grape ,,always good , sometimes it differ like i have one of 500g april2008 which is very juicy and moist, very red in color , it taste good , and the other one is 1k march2008 witch is brown in color and good moist and taste good also. It's always be my number one fav
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

I think what is so disappointing is that when this stuff is good, its great. So, when you getva 250g tub of ketchup its a real bummer. I have had some success acclimating bad batches. Just make sure you spread it out.
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:13 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I was one of the lucky ones, once.... I still have the smallest amount of good AF Grape, but so far all my attempts are purchasing "good" grape have failed - INCLUDING the tub AF themselves sent me as a replacement! It's not the "rotten" stuff, but the smell is was off. It USED to smoke fine, but now the smell has gone chemical and the taste is HORRIBLE. I even got a recent 50g box (Feb 08).... the cut reminds me of H-H and it smelt like the batch that went chemical.

AF Grape used to be my fav (or atleast highly ranked in my list), but now I've given up on it.
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:21 AM
cardevi
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii View Post
I was one of the lucky ones, once.... I still have the smallest amount of good AF Grape, but so far all my attempts are purchasing "good" grape have failed - INCLUDING the tub AF themselves sent me as a replacement! It's not the "rotten" stuff, but the smell is was off. It USED to smoke fine, but now the smell has gone chemical and the taste is HORRIBLE. I even got a recent 50g box (Feb 08).... the cut reminds me of H-H and it smelt like the batch that went chemical.

AF Grape used to be my fav (or atleast highly ranked in my list), but now I've given up on it.
Same here! It doesn't have a ketchup smell, but the the smell and the taste are most definitely off. You hit it right on the nose, it is like a chemical odor and taste to it. I just don't get it
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

My AF Grape I got oh... i'd say 3 or 4 weeks ago is completely fine. This must be a hit and miss situation.
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I had it last year and didn't like the taste, it wasn't great to me at all, and kind of made me nauseous and I have never gone back...

I was gonna say maybe different people taste it differently..Maybe that could be the case, but the OP is obviously a seasoned AF Grape smoker, and I believe him when he says he got a shit batch.

I think one way AF can remedy this is just have the consumer send back the shit tub and then send out a new one to him/her.
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I had it last year and didn't like the taste, it wasn't great to me at all, and kind of made me nauseous and I have never gone back...

I was gonna say maybe different people taste it differently..Maybe that could be the case, but the OP is obviously a seasoned AF Grape smoker, and I believe him when he says he got a shit batch.

I think one way AF can remedy this is just have the consumer send back the shit tub and then send out a new one to him/her.
Sounds good Zen, but the tub AF sent me directly was also a bad batch. Just expecting them to "replace" it would be great if the new stuff tasted much better.
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:06 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Oh wow, I didn't read through your post all the way. Dang, that is just terrible. Can you tell it's bad by the smell? Because honestly I don't like the small of the good stuff either.
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

damn, that sucks chief. The last 50g package i got from CH was good, but buying a 250 is too risky. If I got 250grams of Heinz, id be upset too.
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
cardevi
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport City View Post
damn, that sucks chief. The last 50g package i got from CH was good, but buying a 250 is too risky. If I got 250grams of Heinz, id be upset too.
Thing is, this is my favorite flavor to smoke. I have always smoked AF Grape and that's why it bothers me so much. I would always see the threads about bad AF and I was glad I hadn't smoke a bad batch. But now that i did get a bad batch, man does it suck! It's not a ketchup smell, but a very strong gross synthetic smell. So yea, it sucks
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I have two satchets of grape, both from different manufacturing dates and one tub, all of them reek of ketchup concentration and a liberal dosing of vinegar.
Old June 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

yeah, im pretty much done with AF grape. these stories make it a gamble to buy it...ill stick with what is true and tested for me.
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:41 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

the place where I get my AF grape has been giving me consistently good shisha, so I'm staying strong!
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

Does anyone know where I can get a good thing of AF grape. I've never had any. And I want some!
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

i had some golden grape AF yesterday...TASTY!
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Vendors carry Al Fakher ... and they have good customer service, I would obviously get it from one of the vendors here at HP, preferably one of the sponsoring vendors (listed in the banners)

Cheers!

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook