Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Buzz?!?!?!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 18th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Hookah Buzz?!?!?!

OK......

Im an old school tobaccophile... and I am wondering what actually happens to those of you that limit your tobacco consumption to hookah.... I keep hearing about the "buzz" WTFOMFGBBQ.

Um... I smoke a pack of menthol cigs a day.... usually have a few pipes a week.......... cigar on the weekend... and damn near a bowl of hookah every night.

Hookah does make me mildly relaxed.... but a buzz? like an alcohol buzz or some other unmentionable experience?

The only time I had an experience where I caught a buzz with a hookah was when I smoked straight Levi Garrett in my hookah......... made my damn ears ring.... complete bell ringing experience. Asfahan did give me a good nicofix.... like smoking a strong cigar.

Where is this great BUZZ that is spoken about... or am I just so toxin laden that it has no real effect?

Old July 19th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Hookah Buzz?!?!?!

I never understood the whole buzz thing and I smoke tombac in my narghile and 50+ gauge cigars. I'm not a heavy smoker and i've always smoked for taste. From time to time I give it up for a couple of weeks and not once have had "cravings.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:32 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

im with you guys on this, moderation is not something I'm known for. I don't smoke cigs but I do indulge in various special tobaccos like fulni and the myan pipe tobaccos, I also enjoy cigars quite a bit. The only time I can say theres a buzz is when I push it to the limits (5 cigars a day, 10 hookah sessions etc).
Old July 19th, 2007, 06:39 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

No offence, but you guys sound like my BF - he's a pack, pack and a half a day smoker - will do some cigars every once and a while... but on the few times he smokes hookah, he never (with exception of tangiers) gets a buzz. NEVER! And he'll do smoke rings (or atleast try real hard) and chain like a chimmey.

Me on the other hand... Even Hookah-Hookah, if I chain it, will slightly buzz me. I like to buzz.... (exception of the sick buzz Tangiers will give me when I smoke too much ).

I think it's your body's reaction, some people are more adjusted to nicotine than others. Or have "smokers lung" can breath more deeply or often than others. I'm not a regular ciggy smoker, I can't even enjoy a cigar before coughing up a lung - but I can hookah, but get buzzed easy.

Just my thoughts...
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Rudie Cant Fail
Hookah Pro

I love cigars and pipe tobacco, and they mildy relax me.
I smoke cancer sticks when I'm stressed real bad, as I find they bitchslap the nerves.
But hookah?
I love the taste, I feel calm, I enjoy it. But usually a little while into the session, I can feel a nice head buzz going. It's a light, floaty feeling, and it is rather enjoyable. I think it is a combined effect of both nicotine and oxygen deprevation, really. Hence why when you "chain" long draws, a buzz is more apparent.
I dunno, just a theory, rearry.
=2cents
Old July 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I sometimes get a buzz, while drinking, or blowing rings considerably! But most buzzes are not good to me, I don't like the light-headiness of the buzz. So when the buzzing starts, I usually stop blowing rings, or pass the hookah when it is my turn...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:21 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

buzzes aren't good to me either. I hate them. Anytime i feel one coming on i put the hose down. I get a headache, i get sick and just get an all over icky feeling.

sometimes it creeps up on me and if i stand up i have to sit back down or i'll fall or worse i feel like i might pass out. but i can't handle buzzes well at all.....

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:51 AM
Interpol
Hookah Newbie

This "buzz" you get is really for those who haven't really smoked before. Before I started hookah I had played around with some cheap swisher sweets and the like. The first time I had hookah was the first time I had ever really smoked. I got this light headed feeling and was kinda something like I had lost all my balance and had problems walking about. It basically felt like the hydrocodone I had taken when I had my wisdom teeth removed.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I think that the light headed thing is do to taking in much CO2. Usually, that is a result of aggressive, deep inhaling but once in a while it comes from using low quality coals. If you are too aggressive in smoking a regular pipe you'll get tongue bite so I think it's better to treat your narghile as something to be savored. Take it slowly and don't worry about huge hits but focus upon the taste and the joy of the ritual.
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM
herby II
Hookah Newbie

If you don't smoke, a cig will give you a buzz. You can get a buzz from drawing on the tube without loading the bowl, if you pull on it long enough. Hyperventilation? And of course nicotine helps while your hyperventilating. But it should be about the experience. A good reason to get together with a friend or two.
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:52 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Since you're a HEAVY smoker of tobacco, you're body has built a tolerance to the nicotine, and obviously you won't be able to get a buzz out of the hookah...I've been smoking hookah 5-7 days a week for the past 2 1/2 years, and I can say that my buzz isn't as strong today as it was 2 years ago when I first started...but since I've only smoked hookah (no cigarettes, no cigars), I still get a buzz every single session...and mind you, I only smoke Starbuzz (which by many is considered to cause no buzz ) :
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

i smoke pretty much a pack of menthol cigarettes a day as well. but for some reason i only get a buzz from one type of tobacco and that is al waha ( i haven tried tangiers yet) but for some reason it almost makes me sick from the buzz... i felt drunk the first time me and a friend of mine smoked al waha, thats why now i dont smoke it that much only upon request...
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:19 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Pbpredator, Al Waha has a strange buzz... a sleepy almost drunken like buzz... it's different than most other brands and sometimes can make ya sick if you'r not expecting it. Try drinking water/tea next time and snacking on something, it does help kill that sick drunk feeling it can give ya.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook