Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Legal Stuff Update

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Legal Stuff Update

My little battle with the police department I brought a while ago has progressed a bit. After attempting to get our cars back for the last few weeks the police lied and said they never took any cars but wouldn't let us into the impound lot. We went back some lawyers and after a lot of threats we found out that the police department sold the cars to a whole sale outfit. We went to the whole sale company and found that our cars had not been sold yet so we got them back.

The police tried to stonewall us about the narghiles they took and the various things they grabbed from the cars but eventually we got our lawyers to get the narghiles and the shisha they took to be tested in a lab while our lawyers watched. Needless to say everything turned out to be clean.

At this point we are bringing criminal charges against the cops and civil charges against the county. We have decided that we are not going to try to get money for anything other then covering our expenses with legal bills & car rentals. Mainly we want these people to go to jail for unlawful arrest, obstruction of justice and a lot of other charges relating to the theft of our stuff.

So far, I am very pleased.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Legal Stuff Update

Yeah, I'm very glad you managed to get both your cars and your hookahs back. Although myself would seek $$, not from the county, but from the Officers - taking a person's money hits harder than many other things one can do to them. It maybe will teach them a lesson, although I expect the county may fire them depending on the outcome.

Good luck on the cases.
Good work on getting good laywers!

And not to rain doom & gloom upon the happiness, but watch out for retruibtion - I only say becasue I fear the area you are in may have "Good o'ld Boy" effects and wouldn't want anything bad occuring. Take care, be safe and good luck!

Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Thanks Sam. I am not to worried about retaliation because I live a good two hours drive from where everything happened. The police here seem pretty professional but I have had very little dealings with them. The police department I had the problems with are clearly corrupt so I don't plan on visiting the area again unless I have my lawyers with me.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

congrats on the little victories there

keep us updated
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Good deal.

Its a shame that you had to be put upon so much.... but you are in the process of eliminating crooks from power. I personally wouldnt stop until I saw that they lost jobs all the way up the chain and were made to answer for the gross miss use of public service.

I think you may have said elsewhere.... but what State are you in?

Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Well my goal is to see these guys in jail and get back the money spent to put them there. I live in New Mexico which has great skies and wildlife. I ended up here when I married my late wife. I think things are going well and the opposition are a bunch of smug idiots which help.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

congrats dude.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old July 24th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Interpol
Hookah Newbie

Congrats on the major wins. It would have been funy if your cars had been sold and they had to buy you new ones.
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Congrats on the progress, please continue to keep us posted. Makes me mad to know this happened to you, I am not a huge fan of how cops misuse their "power".

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:08 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

glad to hear that you got ur cars and narghiles back. i hope these people get what's comin to them.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I was under the impression that the cars would have been put up for sale the day after the lawyers showed up so that was a close shave. What I haven't figured out is how the cops would have gotten the money from the sales into their own pockets but I am sure they had some idea how to do it. It seems that the wholesale place has had a history of questionable sales yet they never got shut down for some reason.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Dang, sounds very iffy to me man. Sounds like your lawers have a job cut out in front of them - hopefully they'll be able to stop these crokked cops and maybe even put this wholesaler place down as well. Here's to hoping your lawyers are worth their salt!
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It turns out that one of the cops won't be facing me in court for some time the simple reason that the federal government wants him on some bribery charge. Many years ago (the 60s I think) a uncle of mine immigrated to the U.S. and became a policeman in Chicago and his tenure sounded like he was working in some third world dump. I used to just assume that his horror stories were something unique to Chicago but it looks like I was wrong.
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Inner city police dept have a problem with cops on the take.... Chicago is an old mob town.... so, yeah.... the mentality is there.

Some form of police shenanigans will always crop up. We had cops giving informants crack for intel. Back in the 70's they were planting dope on persons that refused to be extorted from by the Police Chief himself.

Rumor has it that a now defunct gambling house was protected by the Sheriffs Dept. One Area DPS officer was known for stopping the car enroute to the jailhouse with a white "passenger" and rough the guy up before continuing to jail.

Its a sad fact.... but Police catch criminals.............. the People catch Cops.
Old July 26th, 2007, 01:52 PM
FlyingRock
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
Well my goal is to see these guys in jail and get back the money spent to put them there. I live in New Mexico which has great skies and wildlife. I ended up here when I married my late wife. I think things are going well and the opposition are a bunch of smug idiots which help.
I'm in New Mexico too, For the most part the cops around albuquerque are chill when it comes to hookahs, most know what they are and such.. I'm interested in where you got yours taken from (what town), so I can avoid it my self. I find my self all over this state often.
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Well the problems happened south of Albuquerque but my lawyers suggest that I don't talk about the specifics in public as it is currently in the court system. As a result, I speak in general terms but i'd rather not start naming names and like. I like Albuquerque although I live in the east mountain region which is better suited to me. I do wish that Albuquerque had a lounge worth going to but I doubt that will happen any time soon.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook