Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Tangiers

I tried their Watermelon I got in a trade and I didnt care much for it, it smelled like BBQ. I wanna try another flavor but am torn, should I go for the Orange, or Passionfruit? I am a relatively new smoker, 2 months and I hate wasting money trying to figure out what I like so I ask a lot of flavor questions hehe forgive me.

Billy
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Tangiers

Nothing to forgive! You've gotta ask questions to learn!

Interesting, cuz I got Watermelon in a trade one time, and then traded that with someone else. I got the same thing, BBQ! Maybe it is just the Tangiers Watermelon? I am not opposed to it, I actually have some Kashmire Peach that I am going to try one of these days! I will definitely post a review when I do.

OK, to your question, I haven't tried much Tangiers (cuz of the Watermelon incident), but if I had to choose between your two choices. I would go with the Passionfruit.

Cymptom smokes Tangiers regularly, so he may jump in on this thread and give you his opinion. He is a very knowledgeable guy, especially with smoking Tangiers.

Are you only looking for Tangiers? cuz I can recommend some other shisha that is really good, depending on what you like. Let us konw what you like and maybe we can help ya come up with some flavors to try!

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:03 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Kiwi is good.

Vanilla and Juicy Pear are nice and mellow (to me) but the flavor wasn't "spot-on", Peach was slightly pear-ish and Vanilla was not as strong as I hoped (I love Vanilla).

I traded/gave off my Kashmir Peach - was too strong for me. But smelt great!

I'd say hit up Cy for his favs - althought he'll probably say Kashmir Peach
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

doubel apple funkin rules if it smells like bbq llet it acclimate a little more
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
Nothing to forgive! You've gotta ask questions to learn!

Interesting, cuz I got Watermelon in a trade one time, and then traded that with someone else. I got the same thing, BBQ! Maybe it is just the Tangiers Watermelon? I am not opposed to it, I actually have some Kashmire Peach that I am going to try one of these days! I will definitely post a review when I do.

OK, to your question, I haven't tried much Tangiers (cuz of the Watermelon incident), but if I had to choose between your two choices. I would go with the Passionfruit.

Cymptom smokes Tangiers regularly, so he may jump in on this thread and give you his opinion. He is a very knowledgeable guy, especially with smoking Tangiers.

Are you only looking for Tangiers? cuz I can recommend some other shisha that is really good, depending on what you like. Let us konw what you like and maybe we can help ya come up with some flavors to try!

Cheers!
That was probably me you traded with on another forum hehe. I am not hell bent on Tangiers, and I am open to all brands/flavor suggestions. I like the fruity flavors I guess although I also like cola and chocomint. Thanks for the suggestions folks, I will look into some of those as well, whats Kashmere Peach like? Isnt Kashmere a spice right?

Billy
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I can't remember what I traded it for? Was either Pharoahs Mangolicious (BLAH! TERRIBLE!) or Starbuzz X on the Beach (Mmmmm YuMMM!) But I trade a few months ago, probably back in Feb/Mar I think..

Ohhh, and if you are looking for some great recommendations, check out the "Must Have Shisha" thread http://www.hookahpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=183.0

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Ahhhh wasnt me then, I am newer than that hehe. I will check out that thread thanks!

Billy
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I'd recommend everything in the Al Fakher goldline, Al Waha Bahraini, Afzal Golden Amber and Silver Fox. These are all very good products and reasonably priced. I have no experience with Tangiers although I hear it's pretty tricky to set up just right.
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Thanks for the suggestions Hajo! I will be on the lookout.
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:34 AM
The Messiah
Hookah Newbie

I really think Tangiers is geared towards the experienced smoker. I pretty much smoke Tangiers exclusively and I would have to say my favs are: Peach, Kashmir Peach, Guava, Mint, Blue Gumball, ah hell all of them!! I had a problem getting my Tangiers to smoke well until I met the man himself. He taught me the ways of the hookah and funnel. I have the best smoke and flavor after the first set of coals, aprox. 30 to 45 min. Use lots of shisha and keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well, I am definantly not an experienced smoker, I was just going for what most people say are the best. I will keep trying all diferent brands and establish my favorites.

Billy
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:36 PM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

Mmmm, The Kashmir Peach and Lemon Blossom I just got are absolutely amazing.

After 3 hits it feels like an elephant perches himself on your head. Awesome.
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

Kashmir Peach is one of my favorite shishas ever. I highly recommend it and it is hard to put an exact description too. Imagine peach and the smell of some kind of incense.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I may try it even though I am not an experienced smoker. Been at it for a month now, pretty much smoke a bowl a day somedays 2. That Kashmir Peach sounds awesome.

Billy
Share with your friends on facebook