Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

This is fake Al-Fakher

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Default This is fake Al-Fakher

OK.....

Theres a really big thing in the hookah business concerning companies that imitate the appearance of another product to get it to sell.

People have been wondering about fake Al-Fakher... so I have posted some pictures of the packaging of the fake. The stuff may be "fake" but its pretty solid shisha at the price.

The real name for the stuff is Al Fakher Trading Co. LLC. The website is www.alfakhir.com

Here are some pics of the packaging so you will be able to spot it in the future.

first.... 50 gm boxes

Next are the tubs

From left to right: 500gm tub, 250 tub, and a variant 250 tub. The tub on the right comes in a box like Layalina and Havana.

The 500 gm pail and the smaller white tub are excellent containers.... I think its the best packaged shisha on the market. These containers will get re-used to store box shisha.

anyway...thats the fake stuff....and you now know what it looks like.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:50 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: This is fake Al-Fakher

Hum... that tub on the far right looks similar to mine. You don't happen to have a picture of the inside/outside of the tub's cardboard box, do you? Reason is I threw away the tub as soon as I opened it - I didn't think it would be airtight.

This would explain why the local guy is selling it so cheaply and why he claims he's getting ALL of the new flavors before they have even hit the AFOnline site.

Still, it smokes good.... I need to re-visit the shop and look again at the boxes.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

nope... I tossed the box.

Yeah... that short tub is pretty dinky...... like a plastic picnic cup.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:46 PM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

My 250g tubs from Alfakheronline.com came in dinky containers, and the inside of the box said al Fakhir... But i think that it was legit.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

same here, ive gotten it from hc and its pretty dinky. Their premium containers are little tougher but still suck, couldn't open it without breaking the hinges.
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:15 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I went back to the store and did some close eyeballing the AF they sold, as well as buy a 50g pack of Cherry...

And I do believe they are the real stuff...

Here's a picture of the box and inner bag....
Attached Thumbnails
Image010.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb Image010.jpg_thumb (34.3 KB, 7 views)
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:31 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Lakemonster, Your post is completetly pointless and wrong. If you have no knowladge about something dont post it at all. Probably am not the one responsible to judge you but i saw nobody corrected you so here i go.
1st of all If you even read in the site (www.alfakir.com) you gave. it says the company was established in 1999. Al fakher has a longer history
2nd the original Al-fakher has a space between al and fakher (al fakher not alfakher)
3rd From personal experience (www.shishapipe.com ) sells both but says clearly which is the original.... visit to see yourself

How to spot the original?

In this image you can see the space between al-fakher and the logo (circle with a crown)

This is an image of current fake al fakher which doesnt even say Al Fakher Trading Co. LLC and its even more decieving

Thanks for reading and always remember its a forum... feel free to criticize if you believe im wrong
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:41 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

so where'd he get it wrong?
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:11 AM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

Ya, i think that Lake would know pretty well what he is talking about, and you just added onto what he was saying...
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Is it so much that I am wrong... or not comprehensive enough in my post?

if you look at the 50 gm boxes of Al-Fakhir, you can see the similarity. It can be easy to mistake for the real stuff to the untrained eye. I have read the site.... and I recognize they are separate companies and identify themselves as such.... The sight similarity in package and can generate the idea that this is AF tobacco

The stuff you posted appears to be just as as much a fake... and a closer copy to the outward appearance of the original. I wouldnt doubt theres only one trying to swing on the real AF's coattails.

Thank you for adding a blatant faker.
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:25 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Oh, lake im really sorry about that. First time i read it i though "The real name for the stuff is Al Fakher Trading Co. LLC. The website is www.alfakhir.com" you meant that this was the real al-fakher... Sorry for being rude my post
but anw i just added some more detail how to spot the real thing

Smoke your shisha and Chiiiiiiiiilll outtttt
Old December 25th, 2008, 12:33 AM
hellas325
Hookah Nut

The knock off imitation alfakher isn't to bad has a decent apple and a new flavor called special flavor, but there coke is extremely nasty. The best still is the original Al Fakher with the space in the name.
Old December 25th, 2008, 06:02 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

there is another fake, here in Germany:

(not my pics, i found these pics in our forum).
I bought this tobacco ca. 1 year ago and it was pretty good! nearly like the original al fakher. it was super wet and smelled & tasted very good. for 250g of original al fakher, you pay about 20€ here, the fake one was about 8€! so it was a good deal
Old December 25th, 2008, 07:19 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ya i heard that the OP's fake is a pretty good shisha. but ya the real AF's company is Al Fakher Tobacco trading co (no LLC) IIRC, and the whole "the incomparable special taste of Al Fakher " (or close to that)

ya if some one just walked in not know what it looked like it would be easy to mistake even if you didnt pay attention and just assumed it was a package change i could see it but its a pretty noticeable difference

-matt
Old December 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Another thing to notice about the one fake PCServe posted is there's no way Coca Cola would allow their name to be used on tobacco.
Old December 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

The fake Af strawberry right at the top is actually pretty good, ive tried it and hate to say it but it is better then the new AF strawberry(feb 08)
Old December 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
ShishaBubbly
Banned

about 4 years ago AF started putting a silver hologram on their shisha. I think they stopped? If so they are dumb.
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:10 AM
atwoll
Hookah Newbie

does it taste the same?
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:01 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Another thing to notice about the one fake PCServe posted is there's no way Coca Cola would allow their name to be used on tobacco.
sorry, didnt read this before, but there is another (original) brand of shisha, who has a Coca Cola flavor: Fakhur from Iran

unfortunately i didnt find a better picture, because its very hard to find this brand anywhere.
the only shop i found it is www.voskurimsya.ru from Russia, but there it is called "Fakher Cola". if anyone know, where to get this shisha, i would love to know about it

Last edited by PCServe; February 18th, 2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
sorry, didnt read this before, but there is another (original) brand of shisha, who has a Coca Cola flavor: Fakhur from Iran

unfortunately i didnt find a better picture, because its very hard to find this brand anywhere.
the only shop i found it is www.voskurimsya.ru from Russia, but there it is called "Fakher Cola". if anyone know, where to get this shisha, i would love to know about it
i dont remember for sure but it think that is still al fakher, i remember seeing the same packaging on some al fakher stuff that some one got in the middle east
-matt
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

I got some of that crap, it cost me 10 bucks and it smells like s**t. It smokes worst. I let it sit out for a day made it worst. Al Fakher Trading Co. Worst tobacco ever.
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
i dont remember for sure but it think that is still al fakher, i remember seeing the same packaging on some al fakher stuff that some one got in the middle east
-matt
no, it is not. their companies name was Fakher (without the Al) until 2007. Then Al Fakher Co. took them to court (because of the same name for the same product ("al" is just like "the", so there was no difference) and they had to change their name to Fakhur. But its something very different.
i love their grape, cucumber and 2 apples flavor!
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM
tzighy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to tzighy

off topic : cucumber flavoured shisha?
Old February 18th, 2009, 03:51 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzighy View Post
off topic : cucumber flavoured shisha?
yes very special tastes good.
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
NickGOA
Hookah Nut

ok i dont have any pictures but im having a hard time telling if certain boxes are fake at my pipe store, Did AF change their logo just a bit and change the strip that goes around the box?

there is some old tobacco in the store, i dont remember when it was produced, but it expired in 2008, the boxes look different as in:

the af crown logo isnt 3d like on the new ones

it has a red strip on it instead of the holo af-seal strip like the new boxes

The pictures on the front are different like on the apple flavor, original apple has 5 apples on the front..the other boxes have a single apple.

i wish i had a picture...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook