Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I need advice on Good but Cheap Shisha and Coals

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty
Default I need advice on Good but Cheap Shisha and Coals

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hello HookahPro Community,[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]PakistaniMasty - here So I need some help yet again. So I love smoking Hookah I am an addict. I work hard I save up my money and I like to treat myself to the best Hookahs, the best coals, and the best Shisha. (And by best I mean what I thing is best in my opinion just so I don't offend anyone out there) I don't mind spreading my love of smoking Hookah, the bad thing is all my friends and or the people that join me when I smoke Hookah don't have their own either because they can't have one of their own or because they just like to mooch off of me. I really don't mind sharing at all but since I only buy the best it cost a lot and it is not cheap that is hard earned money not to waste. I hate so go through so much to people who don't know anything about the cost or what I go through to get it so on and so forth. So I was thinking of getting some cheap but yet good shisha and coals only to use on my friends because I'm tired of wasting the good stuff. I need to get cheap but good shisha any brand is ok with me except for HookahHookah I can't stand that stuff. (No offense to anyone who is a fan) So if you could list some cheap but good Shisha brands it would help me out. Also I need Ceap but good coals. So if anyone knows of any good but cheap coals out there could you list the brands they can be quick lights or naturals. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Cheap but good Shisha[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Cheap but good Coals[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I would really appreciate it, Thank You[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]~PakistaniMasty~[/FONT]

Last edited by PakistaniMasty; August 12th, 2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: I need advice on Good but Cheap Shisha and Coals

Nakhla is about as cheap as you can get and for the most part it's great. As for coals are you looking for QL's or Naturals? The best and cheapest QL's I've used are Pharaoh's Elite from South Smoke. They go on sale all the time for $9.99 per 100. Naturals I would guess lump coals would be cheapest. I've never used them so i can't recommend good ones.
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Well, you could go for Rolands, but we don't want to lose you, haha.

I'd say go with what Dunkel said. Bulk coals are excellent and you get a lot out of those lumps you get.
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I am sorry I totally forgot to add in that for coals it doesn't matter if they are Naturals or Quick Lights however if you could recommend andy longlasting cheap and good coals that would be great. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Thank You once again.[/FONT]
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

As Dunk said, Nakhla for the good tobacco that doesn't ruin the bank account. They have some very good flavors. As for coals, Al Fakher quicklights from ******* or Exotica sticks from any of our vendors will work fine. The bulk naturals are cheap but unless your willing to break down huge chunks then stay with Exotica sticks.
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i just have my friends slip me some money if they smoke with me often
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:17 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

I don't know why but my friends like af cola and nakhla sweet melon! As far as cheap coals stick with naturals/lemonwood, every cheap(er) quicklite I've had isn't that good. I usually just smoke exoticas now-a-days, so I'm of little help there!
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:33 PM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

AF lemon coals are nice coals. there like $5 a bag. The only thing is they are a pain to break apart.
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

People think about it. You are telling her to pay around $5(4.50 at one vendor) for a 500gr, or half kilo or bulk naturals. Or she can just pay around 8.00(using discounts) for a full 1kilo, saying that again, 1kilo of Exotica sticks. Even if she was to buy 2 bags of AF natural woods it would cost 9.00. Unless she is buying them around her house I don't think she will find a better deal. Especially when most regular bowls smoke very nice with just one 1/4 of Exoticas at a time. It's one thing to be low cost but always compare what your getting for the money.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

i always go with a kilo of Exoticas and a 250 G from anything from ******* cause he has amazing prices. nakhla and al fahker are good cheap ones.
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

go to mnhookahs they have great specials on, i think they have 3X 250 grams off AF for 25 bucks, and 3kilos of exoticas for 20 dunno if you can find any cheap but thats pretty gud deal

mayb u can find a discount code somewhere as well
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

I agree with Dunkel and the rest of these guys. Kwikwi pointed out a very interesting point about the coals though. As for the shisha, you can really rack up with Nakhla for the price, and it's good stuff you are getting. I agree Hookah-Hookah is terrible, but it's my opinion guys so don't pull out the swords just yet . As for coals, like Kwikwi said, you might as well get the good stuff because Exoticas are of high quality and they are the best bang for the buck in my honest opinion. Exoticas + Nakhla = the best deal. I hope this helps
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:56 AM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]This is PakistaniMasty - I just wanted to thank you for all your help. I think I am going to get Exotica Coals and Al Amir and Nakhla Shisha and save it for my Hookah Gatherings. Thank You once again for everything you guys are the best![/FONT]
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

If you get Al Amir don't get 50 G packs. I have had 4 flavors from AA in 50 G packs and they were absolutely tasteless. However their White grape in a 250 G tub was flavorful and nice!
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

For shisha, if you don't mind smoking unwashed, i would definitely go with Nakhla. It usually runs for about 5-7 bucks per 250g at most online shops. I think it's the best balance of price and quality shisha there is. Other brands that may be better such as AF and Tangiers can run about 10-13 bucks per 250g, and cheaper brands such as Layalina or Al Waha can be a bit cheaper than Nakhla, but i find them to be much lower quality.

As far as cheap coals, a box of 100 Three Kings 40mm (not 33mm) QL's run about 18 bucks. The 40mm's last a lot longer than the 33mm's, and at 1.80 a roll, they are pretty cheap for a pretty decent coal.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:49 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

My .02 for all it's worth, many here gave great suggestions. Exoticas are a great choice in coals, both for price and amount received. They last a long time - I have 2 other types of natural stick coals and neither produce as much heat or last as long.

As to the cheaper shisha, Nakhla is another good suggestion here. I would suggest skipping over Al Amir (unless you go for the White Grape - as Dunk said, it DOES have some flavor, most AA doesn't) and look into Al Waha, Sahara and possibly Crystal if you can find it.

Sahara and Crystal run the same price (mostly but the Fak lines) as Nakhla, same with Al Waha. AW has many, many flavors - not as many as Nakhla, but still a very good selection.

Good luck!
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:28 AM
ShishaBubbly
Banned

Its my problem, I spend more on coal than shisha.But don't buy cheap coals that can ruin the taste of the best shisha. Find out what your favourite coal is , contact a company with the best price and tell them that you want to buy in bulk and want a bargain price. Or make a deal for a cheap price on condition that youbuy over a certain ammount of charcoal over a certain time period. I buy large ammounts of my favourite coal in Jerusalem in bulk and just get a cheaper price . I don't go there often so its great for me .
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:33 AM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

also, think of shipping costs, a lot of times you will spend a few more dollars at your local store for the tobacco and coals but you will be saving money at the same time because you don't have to pay for shipping, it varies though
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:57 AM
tzighy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to tzighy

i use a noname brand of coals($4 a bag of 1 kilo) and Nakhla($10/250 gr pack). I also have a pretty small bowl so that makes a session shorter but also makes it use less coals and shisha. It brings you to like 70 cents/hookah session or something like that.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook