Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

the bigger the better?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Hookah Nut
Default the bigger the better?

do you get mor out of a larger hookah or smaller hookah you've got the sultan which is 7 feet tall and those 6 inch mya hookahs I know from those two the out put of course would differ...but what about others?

is the bigger you go really better?
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Hookah Guru
Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23
Default Re: the bigger the better?

The bigger the better...no.
The bigger one is, the cooler the smoke will be.
a QT can produce clouds equivalent to a 30 inch hookah
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hookah Guru

Taller stems do offer advantages, but it isn't always the best choice. My QT can produce very good smoke - on par with my 27" Syrains.

Typically the taller the stem, the longer the smoke has to travel, allowing for it to kool, which in turn provides more flavor and easier to smoke.

If you plan on traveling or must pack away your hookah (rather than have it sit out for everyone to see) smaller hookahs are the way to go. Most smaller MYA's have cages/cases for storage and break down into many smaller pieces. Even other versions of small hookahs (22" Egyptians or Syrains) although can not be broken down as much, are easier to carry and store away.

Another thing for consideration is price. Larger rigs typically have larger price tags, which also means (but not in every/all cases) they can cost more to order & have them shipped.

So yes, a taller hookah does look nice, can help with smokability, smaller hookahs have their plus points as well.
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hookah Master

while you can get the same smoke out of all sizes i find it easier and nicer with a larger hookah. the sultans are mostly just a lamp and only like 2-3 feet of it is a hookah
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Hi! The truth about the length of the stem is so un-substantial and basically makes no difference. What does is the size of your glass vase. The more water, the more filtering. with that, I have 12 mongrel hookahs of no known pedigree with many different sizes. The minis smoke as well as my very tall hookahs and juniour size. Small is good for storing or travelling. If I could find a larger water vase I would add to one of my big hookahs. Problem is not finding a large jar but the kneck of the bottle has to be somewhat close to the size of the hookah opening since you need a rubber grommet connection and don't want the hookah shaft to tip over.p.s. the hookah with the best seal and suction is the best bet.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook