Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

SB Disappointment

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default SB Disappointment

So far I cannot see why I should pay so much for SB. I have tried their Chocolate Mint and find the Nahkla Chocomint FAR superior, the SB wasnt bad and had it not been for the Nahkla I would probably keep some around since I havent tried the AW After 9 yet. And last night I had their Lemon Mint, nothing special about that, decent smoke but it didnt make me wanna trash all my bacy and go get SB exclusively like I have seen others do. And the day before I had their Watermelon which was kind of Blah. I am hoping the X on the beach will make up for it but so far I havent had a SB that is a go to smoke or a must have. What is it about this stuff that makes people go crazy? Am I missing something?

Billy
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: SB Disappointment

Ha ha ha... the best SB flavors I've tried are Peach, X on teh Beach and Irish Cream. All the others have been disappointing - specially that Choc Mint (why I'm giving it away as samples). It's ok, but Nakhla and Al Waha make MUCH better versions.

Did you also notice the heat senativity and high amount of stems for a such a premuim shisha?

SB has some nice flavors, but truthfully, there are better shishas on the market. BUT... for their Peach, I would glady pay....
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the small tree in the lemon mint last night! I cant believe there were so many stems and one of them was huge, no lie, I should have taken a picture of it. As far as the heat mgmt, weird, that was tough to manage. I had windcover on, windcover off, 1 extra coal, windcover on etc etc. It was a PITA to figure out.
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Rudie Cant Fail
Hookah Pro

Mmm.. Pita....
hehe. Just kidding.
This post, when grouped with all the other negative things I've heard about Starbuzz,
really inhibits me from shelling out the necessary clams to test it.
Layalina hasn't let me down yet! lol
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am totally with sammn on this, I actually sent her samples of the Irish Cream and XOTB
I have also tried the peach and it is really good. I enjoy all three of these flavors!

I cannot comment on the other flavors, because I have not tried any of the others, I really did my research on the above three ... (and the researched paid off)

I got some Irish Cream, nobody wanted to trade with me for it And that stuff is good too! But oh well, I will send you a sample Huskysibe, if ya want it...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I am always up to try new things Samb! Rudie, I can send you some samples of Lemon Mint, and Watermelon if you like, PM me your addy. I agree about Layalina too, that has never let me down. I had the opportunity to get some SB Peach when I ordered my XOTB, I was hesitant and decided against it, maybe I should have gotten 100g.

Billy
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Rudie Cant Fail
Hookah Pro

Well now, that's might kind of ya Billy.
Thanx alot, sendin a PM now
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

No worries, I will always share if I have.

Billy
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:30 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

<poke> same here Rudie - I still have some Chocolate Mint I'm sharing. Not bad itself, but just not as a rick taste as Nakhla's or AW's. Pm your addy if you want some.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:32 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

i've only tried a few of the flavors - strawberry, watermelon, wild berry, and social smoke blend - and i only enjoyed the strawberry. im a big fan of strawberry tho, so i'm kinda biased...lol. i want to the the x on the beach and peach, cause of the good reviews y'all give it.
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Ohhhh those are definitely good angemonkwj, I will order the XOTB and Peach Starbuzz again!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I used to be a really big fan of SB... but not as much anymore. There are some flaves which I will always keep around....but they are only Peach (when I can get it), Marlett.... Blueberry, but then only if Layalina BB cant be found.

SB has gotten a bit more stemmy..... when they first came out you had to go looking for firewood, but now its easy to find. bummer.

I remember watermelon having a bit of a weaker taste... bit watery. There was another one that struck me that way too, cant remember which now.

I think a lot of folks find a pet flavor with SB and just go with that.... gets a bit pricey to "collect them all".
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
So far I cannot see why I should pay so much for SB. I have tried their Chocolate Mint and find the Nahkla Chocomint FAR superior, the SB wasnt bad and had it not been for the Nahkla I would probably keep some around since I havent tried the AW After 9 yet. And last night I had their Lemon Mint, nothing special about that, decent smoke but it didnt make me wanna trash all my bacy and go get SB exclusively like I have seen others do. And the day before I had their Watermelon which was kind of Blah. I am hoping the X on the beach will make up for it but so far I havent had a SB that is a go to smoke or a must have. What is it about this stuff that makes people go crazy? Am I missing something?

Billy
One thing i've noted about about this hobby of ours when looking around the web is that some narghiles/shisha/people are treated as the be all and end all of smoking. While Star Buzz is a decent product it's hardly stellar and given that it is very expensive I just don't see the point in buying it. Literally I can think of half a dozen brands that are far better in terms of taste and value.

The gushing praise for Mya is another thing I just don't get. The quality goes from fair to poor and frankly I can't see why anyone would bother when so many excellent quality Egyptian and Syrian narghiles are on the market.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook