Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

screw usps

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default screw usps

ok so i got a small order from MNH yesterday, covered in tape with a "received damaged at________" with nothing written in the location, ok what ever. open it and the scali mod is fine (they packed it to survive a small nuke explosion). pulled out 1 pack of shisha, 2 pack of shisha, grabbed the 3rd and it was stuck, when the box got crushed and retaped it got taped to it the box basically. ok all that came fine. toss the shisha in tubs and went to sleep cause i picked it up kinda late. go back in the morning and realize i forgot to grab the tongs out... wait what tongs. checked the pack list and it was checked off. so i called mnh and asked if they dealt with USPS in this situation or if i should, they said i should and if it didnt get resolved call them back. call usps "was the box insured" "no ma'am" "ok well i can take your info and youll get a call back in a day" "ok"

asked me what was lost (kinda hard to explain what hookah tongs are over the phone).

so now i wait. frankly some one had to fall on the box or dropped a huge box on it cause 2 corners were ripped out and half of the box was crushed

gar, and now im fighting with a pack of tangier to get it acclimated right but ill win by tomorrow i think

-matt
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89
Default Re: screw usps

fight the power
Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:03 AM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

it definitely sucks when you have to mess around with the post office folks! i hope it doesn't take forever to get resolved! good luck.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

I agree with vegloo. That sucks bro. And while we're at it, screw FedEx too. They take their sweet time and deliver things a day after it's supposed to arrive and make BS excuses. Good luck on your situation man.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ok so USPS insisted they tried to call me saturday morning, well my phone was on and i have service here so thats bull. called back and they reissued the case but usps will not leave a message so if they cant get to you they just write off the case because leaving a message may break your privacy in the event some one got a hold of your phone.

to morrow evening im calling and not getting off the phone until i have a check in the mail to me.. scratch that, they can fed ex it since they have screwed up enough.

like its not an expensive thing but the fact that they make it so freking complicated ill just be an a-hole back
-matt
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

careful they will start throwing around every package you get lol
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_one87 View Post
careful they will start throwing around every package you get lol
meh, what ever, ill just ship my self and bust outa the box and unleash some whop arse
-matt
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:06 PM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

lol
someone had to much hookah todaylol
Old August 27th, 2008, 04:38 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Those wankers have had my package for 2 weeks and haven't updated they online status so i cant check where it is, plus im in the uk and cant call them, they are probably the second shittest company after Royalmail of Great Britain itself, the two powerhouses of the world have the shittest postal service
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Be careful man. Don't forget what "Going Postal" means and where it originated! LOL
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:16 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_one87 View Post
lol
someone had to much hookah todaylol
well thats probably the problem as well, no hookah yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Those wankers have had my package for 2 weeks and haven't updated they online status so i cant check where it is, plus im in the uk and cant call them, they are probably the second shittest company after Royalmail of Great Britain itself, the two powerhouses of the world have the shittest postal service
if it just says info received it probably means some one just printed the label, their tracking has seemed to get somewhat better than it used to be and actual track the progress now

-matt
Old August 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
meh, what ever, ill just ship my self and bust outa the box and unleash some whop arse
-matt

sounds like something stallone would do
Old August 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

so didnt get a call back again, "o i can take your info again" "no, i want to talk to some one that can help me" "o well i can give you a number for the public relations department in your area". so they will get a call tomorrow

ok i didnt have insurance but still, the package was crushed and large items were lost from it. not like i had something cracked or what ever just fully ripped open
-matt
Old August 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
zumicroom
Hookah Newbie

i personally like USPS the most out of any of the parcel companies.

UPS is just a disaster and i never voluntarily use them.
fedex is usually really fast for me but also more expensive.
the good old USPS is dirt cheap and scary fast and my packages are always in perfect condition.

personally i would just take the loss. tongs are cheap and i'd rather spend my time doing things other than arguing with the post office. go to target and get their 2 pack of sprung kitchen tongs for $1.99 like i did.
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:02 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

usps is pretty fast but meh, im personally not impressed with them over all. ups has never damaged any of my stuff and fed ex has been pretty good too. hell dhl has been great to me to.

ya they are only 6 dollar tongs but its a little more of the principle of it that they were able to damage such a small package so badly that relatively large items were lost out of it.

-matt
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:08 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

so just talked to usps and all i could get was a "we dont accept any liability if thers no insurance" ok i understand that but i really think that if they end up ripping open a package and lose items out of it that is above and beyond needing insurance. i feel it is bull shit that with out getting insurance on it i have no guarantee that it will get to its destination.

-matt
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:54 PM
skinnybean
Hookah Newbie

If something is damaged/lost during shipping, it's the shippers responsibility to fix the problem, not the person recieving the package. Most people don't realize it, but that's how it is. At least with shipping guitars (in the US), but I don't know why they'd be an exception. I'd call MNH and talk to them if it's something you really want taken care of. It'd piss me off too, but if it's going to cost you more money and frustration in the end, I'd just go to target like zumicroom said and leave it be.
Old August 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

well mnh was very very cool and said that next time i order they will toss in a pair

shweet. gota get some samplers soon so ill go through them

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook