Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Which Hookah should i buy?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 27th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Bulldozer
Hookah Newbie

Default Which Hookah should i buy?

Ok this is my first post on the forums but I can't decide between these two hookahs from hookahshisha.com

I either want an Abyss (1 hose) Hookah
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=145

Or the Ebony Tower (1 hosed) Hookah
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1359

My first hookah was from http://www.hookahcompany.com/. It was an Egyptian hookah that they no longer have featured on there website but I was disappointed with its overall quality. The gaskets didn't last very long and the hookah seemed beaten up a little. So I was looking for a high quality hookah that would last me for years with everyday use and also be a beautiful piece of work. So anyone has any comments or suggestions they would be appreciated.
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416
Default Re: Which Hookah should i buy?

yoo listen up.. even though you might like the way those look they are pretty cool.. but there basic over priced chinese hookahs.. i do like the first one better though.. if i was you i would look around more check out syrians.. or even some other egyptians like a KM those are great rigs and you will get your moneys worth.. i bought my rig for $91 and its a syrian and it works great.. i would say keep looking around you can find better deals then that..
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Cj Two A
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
yoo listen up.. even though you might like the way those look they are pretty cool.. but there basic over priced chinese hookahs.. i do like the first one better though.. if i was you i would look around more check out syrians.. or even some other egyptians like a KM those are great rigs and you will get your moneys worth.. i bought my rig for $91 and its a syrian and it works great.. i would say keep looking around you can find better deals then that..
/agree
good looking hookah's, but imho your gonna be happier maybe even paying bit more for one that will last, won't rust out, and values functionality over appearance.
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:58 PM
HookahGuys
Hookah Newbie

KM are usually good for heavier smokers (if you like lots of smoke and not a very long lasting bowl)... KM's last long, and hold their value as they are of the top egyptian manufacturers, along with Majdi Zeidan (which is a bit more expensive)
Your other option is to go with a Syrian (preferably a Nour hookah). They are heavy duty made (solid brass) and outlast most other hookah. They don't quite smoke as heavy as KMs ('cause they're made for the bowl to last longer).
But like the others mentioned, Khalil Ma'moon or Syrian "Nour" would be the best. Some of them look really good too, if you like traditional looking oriental hookahs...
My 2 cents
Jon
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Bulldozer
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the advice. But how long do bowls usually last with a KM?
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:07 AM
HookahGuys
Hookah Newbie

Depends on the number of smokers - how heavy of smokers they are and so on. I'd say with two heavy smoker, about an hour on the KM and would give you an hour and 40 minutes on a Syrian. Not quite twice as much but ...
Jon
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Bulldozer
Hookah Newbie

So after browsing a bit i think that a 38 inch KM Chiller seems like it would be nice. The one i was looking at was from *************.com. Any opinions?
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:01 AM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

I myself never really felt the difference with the chamber or putting ice in the vase. I like the chiller a lot but I could live without it. I've been smoking out of the 39" KM for the last month. I put ice and salt in the vase to achieve the same coolness in the smoke. Other than the base grommets being too big I really don't have a bad review on any KM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer View Post
So after browsing a bit i think that a 38 inch KM Chiller seems like it would be nice. The one i was looking at was from *************.com. Any opinions?
that hookah is really nice, people have reviewed it in the review section, I would go for it if I was you.
Old August 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Old August 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
cartercdad
Deleted Per User Request

km or Syrian is what i would say for you to get you will not be dissapointed at all
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahGuys View Post
KM are usually good for heavier smokers (if you like lots of smoke and not a very long lasting bowl)... KM's last long, and hold their value as they are of the top egyptian manufacturers, along with Majdi Zeidan (which is a bit more expensive)
Your other option is to go with a Syrian (preferably a Nour hookah). They are heavy duty made (solid brass) and outlast most other hookah. They don't quite smoke as heavy as KMs ('cause they're made for the bowl to last longer).
I get 2+ hours per bowl and no lack of clouds from my 32" KM and phunnel. Both KM and MZ will perform beautifully using a phunnel. As does my 26" J&R Syrian. You can't go wrong with any of the major brands. KM, MZ, MYA, Nour.
Old August 28th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer View Post
Here's my review of that exact hookah.

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5966
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

explain how KM and syrian cause your bowl to last longer/shorter...I have a hard time believing that....
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:01 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

I never smoked a syrian but my 39"Km lasts me about an hour and a half on a good day, and more using a tangiers bowl
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:08 PM
HookahGuys
Hookah Newbie

The tubing is larger (in diameter) on an egyptian hookah. Even egyptian hoses are typically larger than those of Syrian or Tunisian make. This means that you inhale more (unrestricted) each time you hit it, plus the bowl (being that more air is flowing through it) gets hotter and burns the tobacco faster. If you get 2 hours on a KM then at least 3 on a Nour. This is why most Hookah lounges that wanna make more money use egyptian hookahs, so that you get a new head every hour (with 3 smokers) and hookah lounges that want you to stay and enjoy the thing use Syrians... At least if they're old school and know what they're doing.
Like I said, it doesn't mean either is better, but depends on your personal preference.
Jon
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook