Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I LOVE SB!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM
persianpimp730's Avatar
persianpimp730
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 273
Default I LOVE SB!!!

i tried starbuzz for the first time at a hookah lounge in my area and didnt really like it but i bout a tin from there for 25 and came home set it up in my vortex and put 3 CH ql's and i literally was smiling for the rest of the night.

biggest clouds ive ever gotten! best flavor ive ever tasted! it made me fall in love with hookah all over again.

after trying this sb i realize how much i hate AF now and want to immediatly sell all my AF and buy SB with it =]

any other really good flavors of SB besides bluemist
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM
esisomsun's Avatar
esisomsun
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 968
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

tin for 25 what size tin? 200g?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Juno
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

You should give me your Al Fakher since you hate it so much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM
persianpimp730's Avatar
persianpimp730
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 273
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esisomsun View Post
tin for 25 what size tin? 200g?
yeah 250g
i figured it prob be more expensive with shipping anyways and i wanted to try it so badddd haha
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM
persianpimp730's Avatar
persianpimp730
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 273
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
You should give me your Al Fakher since you hate it so much.
id definetly trade you! but idk about just giving it away =/
sorrrrrry!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:18 PM
thesauce310's Avatar
thesauce310
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Cali - South Bay
Posts: 291
Send a message via AIM to thesauce310
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

you like SB more than AF... uggghhh ehhh matter of preference and taste i guess...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM
kingboyb
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

I am hearing SB Apple Americano is good. Its always good to hear about someone stumbling upon something that renews their interest in hookah.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
speel's Avatar
speel
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 687
Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Boo starbuzz lol
__________________
[ Twitter ] - twitter.com/tonyaldo
[ Facebook ] - facebook.com/aldorasi
[ Blog ] - tonyaldo.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Sport City's Avatar
Sport City
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 363
Send a message via ICQ to Sport City
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

If you like SB blue mist, then get Citrus Mist....it has the same flavor but 'orangy', also-even better then that, Passion kiss. <----by far the best shisha Ive tried and I couldnt count the flavors ive tried on my fingers and toes plus yours.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM
persianpimp730's Avatar
persianpimp730
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 273
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

all the AF lovers dont get me wrong i loved the old AF but now that i cant set up a bowl without an itch in my throat and no clouds im kinda fed up with the poor quality....i guess you get what you pay for, even in the case of shisha
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:43 PM
speel's Avatar
speel
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 687
Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

But you really have to ask your self..is this really worth the 20$ alot of site offer it for. For me no, unless i'm promised that when i smoke it its going to be like sinking my teeth into what ever flavor i'm smoking.
__________________
[ Twitter ] - twitter.com/tonyaldo
[ Facebook ] - facebook.com/aldorasi
[ Blog ] - tonyaldo.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Wharbone's Avatar
Wharbone
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 271
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport City View Post
If you like SB blue mist, then get Citrus Mist....it has the same flavor but 'orangy', also-even better then that, Passion kiss. <----by far the best shisha Ive tried and I couldnt count the flavors ive tried on my fingers and toes plus yours.
Really? I have Passion Kiss (my only SB flavor). It dosen't seem to have a whole lot of flavor to me. It smells great, but the flavor doesn't match the smell. I get much better flavor from AF myself.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

i have SB about1-2 times a week, favs are apple americano, passion kiss, safari melon dew, and last night smoked citrus mist for the first time in awhile and it was great. Variety is the key!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:30 PM
lalhookah's Avatar
lalhookah
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 109
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

SB guava is nice too
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM
blckngld760's Avatar
blckngld760
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EC, CA
Posts: 525
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianpimp730 View Post
i tried starbuzz for the first time at a hookah lounge in my area and didnt really like it but i bout a tin from there for 25 and came home set it up in my vortex and put 3 CH ql's and i literally was smiling for the rest of the night.

biggest clouds ive ever gotten! best flavor ive ever tasted! it made me fall in love with hookah all over again.

after trying this sb i realize how much i hate AF now and want to immediatly sell all my AF and buy SB with it =]

any other really good flavors of SB besides bluemist
im with you on that one SB>AF. what flavor did you try?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Status: Offline
Deleted Per User Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Heh SB is my go to shisha now along with Sinbad! Thank you Dunkel

..Used to be AF...but ehhhh!

Sb has some hella good flavors and some bad IMO:

Good:
SB White peach (probably my fav out of that brand)

SB Blue Mist. But word of caution, this stuff is very good at first but then it becomes too sweet to smoke on a daily basis

Sb Apple Americano. Tastes like Nakha Double Apple without the excessive licorice flavor. A.A has a LITTLE licorice, but it compliments it and I hate licorice so this is a compliment lol

SB Margarita! Tastes like a real margarita without the alcohol

SB Strawberry Margarita. Pretty damn good Reminds me of pink lemonade or something with margarita mixed in.

Okay:
SB Lemon Tea. Its an okay flavor..but eh. Gets kinda old after a while and I actually love tea

SB Peaches and Cream. Good but gets too sweet after a while

SB Safari Melon dew. Its an okay flav but I don't like melon

SB Tangerine Dreams. Its okay but it has this weird after taste of like grapes or something? eh idk

SB Strawberry. Eh. Lol heat senstive like the Kiwi Strawberry but the flavor is okay but I don't think I'll see myself buying a tin

SB Fuzzy Naval. Its a okay flavor but it gets waaaayyy to sweet after a while.

SB Citrus Mist. Eh its okay. I wish that they just kept it as "Gummy Bears" since I love gummy bears lol

BAD:
SB Kiwi Strawberry: Burns hella easily and the tastes is almost non existent. I've had a different sample and it tastes good..but idk wtf was up with my tub. Apparently, other people have had probs with this flav as well

SB Sour Apple: Burns easily too and I get this weird filmy taste in my mouth every time I smoke this flavor. Its very weak as well. I've heard that SB's Sour apple used to be the best Sour Apple...But they changed the recipe and now it sucks.

This is what takes the cake... SB X ON THE BEACH! *barfs* First SB flav I ever bought and it was one of the first flavs I bought. Waste of money. More like Sh** on the beach lmao. Tastes sun tan lotion smothering berries. No joke. Probably my LEAST favorite flavor from Starbuzz.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Liszt
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 531
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

No mention of X-mas mix?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Status: Offline
Deleted Per User Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
No mention of X-mas mix?
Heh nah. I only listed the flavors that I've tried so far
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

The only thing that I can figure as to why people like SB is that a lot of people want a smoke that super sweet, as in pure sugar sweet and that they don't mind flavours that are unrealistic and candy like. A while back various people sent me something like 4 kilos worth of assorted SB and everything I tried I was either neutral about or hated. The good news is that I gave it away or traded it for good stuff. The bad news is that everyone that got the SB stuff hated it unless they basically liked candy flavours.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 18th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Dookiie's Avatar
Dookiie
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 232
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

I tried the Apple Americano with a friend the day before last, very nice. Probably top 3 of the apples I've tasted so far. Sometimes SB is a little too expensive for my liking though. Which is usually why I only smoke it when people bring it over
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 18th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Juno
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

I can count the good Starbuzz flavors on one hand.

1. Tangerine Dream
2. Passion Kiss
3. Safari Melon Dew
4. Arabian Coffee (when you don't burn it).
5. Citrus Mist

The rest of the flavors smell like Glade's interpretation of whatever the flavor is supposed to be.

Terrible.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:46 AM
persianpimp730's Avatar
persianpimp730
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 273
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Heh SB is my go to shisha now along with Sinbad! Thank you Dunkel

..Used to be AF...but ehhhh!

Sb has some hella good flavors and some bad IMO:

Good:
SB White peach (probably my fav out of that brand)

SB Blue Mist. But word of caution, this stuff is very good at first but then it becomes too sweet to smoke on a daily basis

Sb Apple Americano. Tastes like Nakha Double Apple without the excessive licorice flavor. A.A has a LITTLE licorice, but it compliments it and I hate licorice so this is a compliment lol

SB Margarita! Tastes like a real margarita without the alcohol

SB Strawberry Margarita. Pretty damn good Reminds me of pink lemonade or something with margarita mixed in.

Okay:
SB Lemon Tea. Its an okay flavor..but eh. Gets kinda old after a while and I actually love tea

SB Peaches and Cream. Good but gets too sweet after a while

SB Safari Melon dew. Its an okay flav but I don't like melon

SB Tangerine Dreams. Its okay but it has this weird after taste of like grapes or something? eh idk

SB Strawberry. Eh. Lol heat senstive like the Kiwi Strawberry but the flavor is okay but I don't think I'll see myself buying a tin

SB Fuzzy Naval. Its a okay flavor but it gets waaaayyy to sweet after a while.

SB Citrus Mist. Eh its okay. I wish that they just kept it as "Gummy Bears" since I love gummy bears lol

BAD:
SB Kiwi Strawberry: Burns hella easily and the tastes is almost non existent. I've had a different sample and it tastes good..but idk wtf was up with my tub. Apparently, other people have had probs with this flav as well

SB Sour Apple: Burns easily too and I get this weird filmy taste in my mouth every time I smoke this flavor. Its very weak as well. I've heard that SB's Sour apple used to be the best Sour Apple...But they changed the recipe and now it sucks.

This is what takes the cake... SB X ON THE BEACH! *barfs* First SB flav I ever bought and it was one of the first flavs I bought. Waste of money. More like Sh** on the beach lmao. Tastes sun tan lotion smothering berries. No joke. Probably my LEAST favorite flavor from Starbuzz.
wow jilly thats a pretty extensive review of SB. thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 18th, 2008, 06:23 AM
The Egyptian's Avatar
The Egyptian
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 1,472
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

There you go another brand shiftest there, like when I lobbied for Nakhla to Al Fakher shifting.

My package of SB landed safely on Egyptian soil today and I am meeting the guy today or tomorrow to pick it up, but won't try until Saturday. Hope I like it !
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old September 18th, 2008, 09:57 AM
speel's Avatar
speel
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 687
Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

I think the placebo effect comes into play when some people smoke SB..they figure I spent 20$ on this so it MUST be good. They did the same experiment with wine some time ago.
__________________
[ Twitter ] - twitter.com/tonyaldo
[ Facebook ] - facebook.com/aldorasi
[ Blog ] - tonyaldo.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: I LOVE SB!!!

Jilly speaks the truth, X on the Beach is horrid! So is Marlet and Tequila Sunrise. Christmas Mix, White Peach, Blue Mist and Citrus Mist are very nice.
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Tags
starbuzz is whack

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hookah love Smiley Hookah Discussion 21 September 30th, 2008 09:34 PM
Hey, just joined and I love it. fallneversummer Introductions - Forum Members 6 May 1st, 2008 11:38 AM
In love shishaholiC Hookah Discussion 13 December 17th, 2007 01:51 PM
From Cyprus with love. shishaholiC Introductions - Forum Members 1 September 10th, 2007 07:23 PM
Giveing Some Love Smiley Hookah Discussion 4 May 18th, 2007 02:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.