Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Quick Hookah questions

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 21st, 2008, 05:38 PM
steely8383
Hookah Newbie

Default Quick Hookah questions

I just got a hookah at a garage sale. I've smoked my friend's hookah before at his house, but now that I have my own, I have to find some stuff out. I know pretty well how to assemble it, but what I'm confused about is de-assembling it... How do you know when the shisha is done? What do you do first? Take off the coal and leave it alone for a while? Then throw the shisha down the sink? Where is safest to put the coal? What should be cleaned after each use?

Sorry if these are basic questions Everyone hates a noob

Thanks!
Old September 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: Quick Hookah questions

How do you know when the shisha is done?

Usually you get a really nasty burnt taste after a while, i'm talking a hour plus. Me personally I go for a hour and still have good taste and simply throw it away. It's all about preference.

What do you do first? Take off the coal and leave it alone for a while? Then throw the shisha down the sink? Where is safest to put the coal?

Once again it's about preference. When I'm done I put my faucet on and throw the coals in the sink with the water running. I usually leave the shisha in the bowl and wait till my next session to clean it out. I suggest water the coals out before throwing them down your sink.
Old September 21st, 2008, 06:57 PM
Saint King
Hookah Newbie

Speel's answer pretty much covers it.

I would like to add a little to his answer on knowing when your shisha is done.

After you are a good 30-45 minutes into it the smoke will thin and eventually not come out at all. This is usually the biggest tell-tale sign that your bowl is finished and that it's time to repack.

And as for clean up. I like to get rid of the coals first and then proceed with the clean up.

Hope this answer helped...
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
steely8383
Hookah Newbie

Thanks a lot for the replies

I was just making sure the coals wouldn't burn hot enough to leave marks on my sink or anything.
Old September 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Pics Nao on the hookah. I think you'd best be served by everyone's advice if we saw what you were dealing with. Also, check the video section. There are some great how to and "Hookah 101" videos out there for you to view.
Old September 21st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Smoke til your done, just because your burning it doesn't mean it's smoked through. Could be just overheated. I usually smoke an hour or so. Two hours if I really enjoy the flavor. As for cleaning, I dump the coals then clean the bowl out when it cools down. Then pull the stem off the vase and rinse it out(or rinse the pieces if it's a multi section stem). Then rinse out the vase. I do a scrub cleaning once a week or so depending on usage.
Old September 21st, 2008, 11:21 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

Or if your lazy like me hahaha you can just dump your coals in your hookahs ash try and set your hookah aside over night and proceed to clean it in the morning that way you can just dump the ashes in a trash can and proceed to clean your rig...
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashow69 View Post
Or if your lazy like me hahaha you can just dump your coals in your hookahs ash try and set your hookah aside over night and proceed to clean it in the morning that way you can just dump the ashes in a trash can and proceed to clean your rig...
thats exactly what i do
if i decide to clean right after a session, i dump my coals into the toilet and hear it sizzzzzzzle
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook