Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Home

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:24 AM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

Default New Home

Well this is my new home. and for the record excuse my language "Fuck -blank.edit.blank-"..... lol bunch of nazzi commi basterds... lol not memmbers... just two people and i think we all know who they are...

well i would like to let every one know that i am here.... yeah

edited: To remove mention of another forum
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC
Default Re: New Home

Welcome...I know EXACTLY who your talking about...
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

While I don't what happened exactly or who was responsible I know injustice when I see it and I know petty greed as well and wish you hadn't had to put up with all abuse. I am very angry about the way you were treated and I think that to defame someone without allowing a response is cretinous.

Still, I am delighted to have you here and want to say that we have a lot of fantastic people at this forum. The great thing about this place is that it is by and for narghile fans and above petty abuse and power trips. Hopefully, the incident will make this forum a stronger, bigger place.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:00 AM
justin_sane15
Hookah Newbie

Well if there's one thing I've learned in my two weeks or so of picking up this hobby/activity/pastime, it's that hookahs are drama! That board felt like high school again! Everyone seems so much more civil on this board... Some people need to learn to relax and remove the apparently painful objects from their backsides...
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:28 AM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

I think i will be nosing around here for a bit too... all the "edit" drama is kinda annoying... not to mention i think its rediculous for some one to be banned purly for having better prices.. also its kinda stupid for a vendor to run a forum that allows other vendors to post and advertise...

Edited: Removed mention of another forum
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:13 AM
hobohookah
Vendor

Welcome Billi,
I don't know what it is, maybe its the number of people, but its brutal. This one stays on topic. Good luck with PYH. No haters here.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:38 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

hi there everyone, this is my new place also it appears. i got banned from "edit" for saying why billy (pimp your hookah) really got banned from there and for posting basically his final message. was called billy's puppet and so on and so forth. "edit" gets angry for it and bans me.

so i stay in the chat room and then "edit" goes in and basically baits me into getting pissed and going off onto him. said many mean things which i meant oh so very deeply, some people laughed at it but some the people who i thought had my back turned on me the moment i was banned. i only found out by pbpredator forwarding messages to me. so i go back, tell "edit" off again and banned, said all my bans are now permanent. go back again under NotBoom and lasted a while and told off the people who turned on me before i think one of them turned me in and then "edit" banned me again. came back a few more times with a few more bans.

pred then says the perfect way to join and not be banned with works perfectly for a while, i discuss things with people for a while in pm's on there and it appears others did the same thing and yashman read the chat logs and felt hurt about what was said and in what appears to be a first on that forum (a first for myself and some other people on any forum) we "forced" a moderator to quit. so yeah i stayed a bit after that and "edit" gets on pissed and then bans me very soon afterwards and then i come onto here.

so yeah thats my story, its longer and your more than welcome to read the topic on "edit". sorry if i broke any rules with this post.

hi everyone

Edited: to remove mention of another forum and mods
Old August 23rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

While I am glad to see "new" people, it's a shame it had to happen this way. I've been here for awhile and I love it here. Posts that I make here don't mysteriously disappear. If we could, please let's go on from here and not continue to dwell on what brought you here. Welcome fellas!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

LOL.....

Ive been following you guys in chat a bit....

This is a great place to take a vacation...... good place to forget your troubles.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

We welcome all =] we just ask everyone to post every now and then thats all
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yes, Welcome ... and please, see the rules and leave any anger at the door ... please, I can't stress this enough!

We do have rules here, and they are in the "Registration" portion of the site, as well as the "Forum Rules" section. Please pay particular attention to these rules ... and in the nature of this thread, PLEASE see the thread "Plea for Harmony On Our End ..." This is definitely an important rule here, and I am going to have to do some adjustments on some of these posts, hope you understand! We've dealt with a lot of stuff in the past that really created an uproar here, and I have to step in so it doesn't happen again ... please read the rules and you will understand why ... let's keep this site what it is meant for, people passionate about hookah and sharing unbiased opinions, reviews, tips / tricks and great conversation.

Thank you .. and again .. welcome to the Hookah Pro Forum & Chat!

p.s. DO a search for "Passion" and you will find out why this board was started and what this community is all about

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I made some edits, and I hope you all understand, but please see the rules, they are pretty fair and these rules are in place for the benefit of our community here.

Thanks for understanding

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:00 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

sorry will not happen again
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Its great to have you guys here!!!!!

Billy
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
boomhauer
Banned

sorry about that
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

np, I can understand your frustration ... but we gotta stick to the rules here too

... I am not mad, just want to keep things running smooth, you'll notice we are a small community now, but we all get a long great and have a lot of fun ... great group of people here! Sure you will enjoy!

Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

i can almost garentee that in time the other place will completely be run down, not because of the people that maintain it but because of the people that own it..

with tht being said, i am glad that from the beginning tht i mentioned NO ONE should be a retailer, wholesaler, etc, and be in charge of running an online forum. while smiley is a great guy, (well i thought so at the time, I haven't talked to him for awhile), i mentioned he shouldnt be a mod.. it just makes drama. they try to push their products, and ban other competitors and things go crazy. well anyway, to get to the point, there has been little to no drama around here. this is a great place, and i predict in the future it will become a much bigger organization when so called other places fail.

Note: I tried leaving out names as much as possible. You can fill in the blanks
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Sean, I couldnt agree with you more about forum owners and their input. Its very clear that things get steered in a certain direction. This place is the bomb, I can come here and relax and hang out with friends. A forum is what the community makes it and Sambooka and his band or merry mods is doing an outstanding job here, as well as the input from forum members. There is a lot of knowledge here and its nice to be able to tap into that knowledge without the feeling that you will get belittled for asking a question.

Billy
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I also like the whole not being run by a vendor type place. That way we as customers can still get deals and everyone gets along.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Welcome Boom and PYH and Pbpredator... the more the merrier. Tiss a bum rap what they've done @ the other location, but their loss is our gain, right?

This hobby is about friendship, community, and social activity... not strife, drama, and the such not.
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:26 AM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
This hobby is about friendship, community, and social activity... not strife, drama, and the such not.
a BIG +1 to tht
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Mushrat
Hookah Newbie

Hi sam, this is *edit* from *edit*. Nice to see you still allow the slamfest.

I also enjoyed the one sided "we are all victims."

I'm kinda happy you all came over here. But look out, you piss off Boom there and he will come back over and over to cause trouble..

I'm also glad to see its ok for your posts HERE to be edited but not at *edited*. Nice to see you didn't read the rules and posting guidlines before posting here as well.

Good luck Sam!
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:42 AM
PerznPerversion
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PerznPerversion

sounds like your askin for some trouble or more drama. lol =-)
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:51 AM
boomhauer
Banned

honestly mush dont try to start shit. i got over it and amazing to see you come over here and try something new. you came onto the chat this site and just waited there for me to say something, chances are you where fishing for information of me being an asshole to you. while i dont blame you for looking for more stuff to discredit me but in all seriousness stop i dont care about my credability there very much because people saw the real me, i am fairly transparent and if i dont like you and you do something i stand against there is a chance i will bump heads with you depending how you act. the mods here are cool and down to earth so chances are i wont start up stuff. the fact you banned someone else for basically no reason just made me laugh (not me by the way nor pyh). also the fact you are banning basically some of my supporters is even more hilarious i say.

if/when you post the chat logs people will get to see the partially angry me which wasnt me at my best times. people who knew me in chat knew how easy going i was and i was the same way in the forums. also i may possibly (chances are not) come back to confirm the chat logs when you post them. i wouldnt want lies of myself to go up but if its what really went on i will confirm it and show how much of an asshole i was to you. did we talk shit about the moderators in the chat? sure but thats what happens when your a person in power on anything, you and the other moderators are a target of hate generally and if you take it personally and you cant deal with that without doing something such as getting ban happy you seriously should resign from being a moderator.

people tell me you used to be a cool down to earth guy before you where a moderator and i believe that, you seemed easy going at times in chat but you always got your game face on at times but its just too serious bro, you dont need to censor people so much at times if they go off topic as thats how forums are, we may go on a tangent about movies for 5-10 posts but we generally go back on topic. the fact you made the topic of "this is not a democracy" did not put you in a very good light at the time and anyone who see's it today wont either.

ill try to give you a few hints because while you may have been a moderator for so long i have been on all the sides of being a moderator, administrator and just a regular user of forums. on another site i have been a moderator of the site since soon after i joined it and i joined that one a little before you joined that forum. i was the most active mod on the site basically in its history and got an anniversary gift every year so far. i started by helping people out, then i got a bit big headed for a while because there whre a lot of the same old posts over and over just like on your forum so i got tired and became mean just like yourself. only difference was that once i saw how i changed when i was in power the same how you changed when you got power i actually tried to change my image on the site. i was and still am one of the most liked moderators of the site becuse i came in from nothing, was very humble to start and corrected my errors as time passed and got it on big with the site. somewhat of a similarity between us to there and i was basically the guy on the front lines for any customer support as it was a pay site and told people to wait, the admin would be with them soon and so on and kept my cool almost always and you own a hookah bar so customer support there, an abstract similarity between us there. now this may piss you off i tried to show some similartys between us because you think we are nothing alike.

well really i said what i wanted to say really and tried to stay as neutral as possible in it. now please go back to your place and ill stay out here. it may not be as large but the quality of the people make up for the quantity. good day mate and i wish you a good life. again i will try not to bug you on your site ever again except to confirm/deny the chat logs as truth possibly.

anyways sorry for bringing this up on the site, im just breaking rules left and right today. honestly i wasnt going to bring it up on the forums again but low and behold here is mushrat trying to start something. i got my final words on the issue out for him to possibly read and i hope he takes it and leaves.
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushrat
Hi sam, this is *edit* from *edit*. Nice to see you still allow the slamfest.

I also enjoyed the one sided "we are all victims."

I'm kinda happy you all came over here. But look out, you piss off Boom there and he will come back over and over to cause trouble..

I'm also glad to see its ok for your posts HERE to be edited but not at *edited*. Nice to see you didn't read the rules and posting guidlines before posting here as well.

Good luck Sam!
Real grown up Mushrat. I thought you didnt want to come back here ever? Please dont come here looking for trouble, we dont want it. The drama needs to be left at the door and we made that clear with the addition of some new members. Do people vent? You bet. Do we try and keep it in check and within the guidlines of the rules? You bet. But we dont need someone coming in here throwing mud and then running away giggling either.