Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cleaning The Syrian!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default Cleaning The Syrian!!!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hey guys, just thought I'd share a little cleaning story with you. I had been talking with Ahmad and a few others about cleaning my Nour Syrian purchased from John at ******* Hookah. I decided enough is enough and decided to clean it thoroughly with baking soda, lemon juice, and hot water. Let me just say I wish I would have recorded this with my camera. The amount of black water that came from my hookah was just INSANE. For all you guys out there, you know when you change the oil in your vehicle and you wash your hands thoroughly with Lava soap....when you glance at the water and it's black and all over your sink, that's what my bath tub looked like. I cleaned it for at least 30 minutes and now it is shining and I'm having the best tasting session of Al Fakher Grape yet! Just thought I'd share that with you guys, and by the way, my hookah is solid brass. So for anyone wanting to get the best out of your rig, make sure that pipe is CLEAN and FRESH! Ohhhh yeah! [/FONT]
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Cleaning The Syrian!!!

i clean all my hookahs b4 use, too lazy after use. the Syrian is always dirty after 1 use, i just run water through it, scrub then run water again. idk why, the Egyptians aren't like that
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

I clean my pipe within 2hrs of last use!
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

I always clean my hookah before & after use, but usually just with hot water and the cleaning brush, not exactly taking too much time on it or cleaning it thoroughly. Also, I notice the same thing John. Even after one session, I'll run hot water through it and scrub it and it's always black like tar or very dark green residue. But oh well, it's still my pride & joy
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hey guys, just thought I'd share a little cleaning story with you. I had been talking with Ahmad and a few others about cleaning my Nour Syrian purchased from John at ******* Hookah. I decided enough is enough and decided to clean it thoroughly with baking soda, lemon juice, and hot water. Let me just say I wish I would have recorded this with my camera. The amount of black water that came from my hookah was just INSANE. For all you guys out there, you know when you change the oil in your vehicle and you wash your hands thoroughly with Lava soap....when you glance at the water and it's black and all over your sink, that's what my bath tub looked like. I cleaned it for at least 30 minutes and now it is shining and I'm having the best tasting session of Al Fakher Grape yet! Just thought I'd share that with you guys, and by the way, my hookah is solid brass. So for anyone wanting to get the best out of your rig, make sure that pipe is CLEAN and FRESH! Ohhhh yeah! [/FONT]
I did the same thing earlier today. It was well overdue.
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Another note, I don't want to just flood this thread with posts of my own, but this is for you guys that clean your hookah thoroughly. After you clean it good and get a fresh bowl going, take the time to download the track "Bring It On Home To Me" by Sam Cooke and don't hit play until you have that bowl going good. When you get that bowl going, hit play and sit back and relax with a smile on your face. This track, if you haven't heard it yet, is like the sweet tone of the saxophone. It's good old school blues music that everyone can enjoy, and I know damn good and well I'm not the only guy on this forum that has seen those kinds of "rainy days."
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I am so relieved to see that this wasn't a post with pictures about you showering! LOL
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I am so relieved to see that this wasn't a post with pictures about you showering! LOL
Thats on Youtube! LMAO
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:27 PM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

If its green that just a bit of brass oxidizing. Yea just keep your stem dry. Look up my write up on the stem dryer in the diy section. It will take you 5 mins tops to make and will be a great use if you are paranoid like me!
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Dragonman586 - I just checked out your thread about the stem dryer. Great fix man, I'll definitely give that a try
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

With the brass syrian, it seems you could use a water soluble brass polish. The black is probably more brass corrosion than gunk from the tobacco. If it is green, it is definitely corrosion on the brass. Wright's makes a water soluble brass polish. Just be sure to completely clean out the polish after use. The polish will turn pitch black btw.

I'm a professional trombone player, so I have a lot of experience cleaning my inner brass slide.
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:35 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Thanks for the tip Wharbone, I'll definitely look for that because I was considering a brass cleaner.
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:39 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

See FBD what John said, Egyptians are cleaner than Syrians, who get dirty after just "one use". LMAO !
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I wad up a paper towel and send it through the shaft.
Old September 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
I wad up a paper towel and send it through the shaft.
oo that must hurt lol
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Beccapoo
Hookah Newbie

Hahaha!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook