Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How do you smoke a "quickie" when pressed for time?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

Default How do you smoke a "quickie" when pressed for time?

I know hookah is supposed to be a nice, slow, relaxing activity; for the most time thats how I use it. Sometimes however, I wanna smoke a quick bowl like when I am running late or just have a few minutes to spare. I have a 2 1/2 foot mya, how should i go about this 'hit n run'?
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:15 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: How do you smoke a "quickie" when pressed for time?

small bowl, QLs, dump the water when your done and clean it later.

honestly if im pressed for time i simply dont smoke, i like to have 2+ hours to smoke and normally smoke 3-4 but its not heavy puffing, just have it going while im playing spore or watching tv, probably take a puff on average every 30 seconds maybe a touch more.

speaking of that im about to go smoke 2-3 bowls, probably 2 since i have to get up early
-matt
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

heres what i do:
my rig is usually washed after each session so its clean..

load about 10-15g in a small egyptian, reg. rig setup
(2mins tops to put together)
i put one QL coal right in the middle of the foil so the bowl looks like this from the top view (O) and just start smoking

it takes about 5 mins total for me to set up since i have everything layin around at all times and having the coal sitting in the middle. the coal setup DOES BURN THE TOBACCO but thats about after 10/15mins.. i get my quick smoke (nice flavor + clouds) and im out (20mins total from start to end)

thats a quickie to me..
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
reality-
Banned

Esisomsun and matt.. U are crazy.. first of all matt, when u say ur advice about smoking a quicke, u say dump the water afterwards and skip cleaning it..
Esisomsun, u say ur hookah is washed so ur ready to go..??
I smoke my stuff, when Im done I blow out of my hookah to get the smoke out of it, and then unhook the hose and blow out of it.. then thats how I leave it until next session..r egardless of when thats going to be.. 3 hours or 3 days. ( normally just 1 day ) ..
Is this really that bad? maybe once out of 20 - 30 smokes I clean my hookah really with one of theese pipe cleaners and every maybe 10 smokes I just run some water down the stem to get the different flavours out of it... h yeah and maybe each 10 smokes I also run water through my hose ( washable ) .. Warm water and just shaking that water around then out.
Is this a bad for taste u mean?
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
Esisomsun and matt.. U are crazy.. first of all matt, when u say ur advice about smoking a quicke, u say dump the water afterwards and skip cleaning it..
I smoke my stuff, when Im done I blow out of my hookah to get the smoke out of it, and then unhook the hose and blow out of it.. then thats how I leave it until next session..r egardless of when thats going to be.. 3 hours or 3 days. ( normally just 1 day ) ..
Is this really that bad? maybe once out of 20 - 30 smokes I clean my hookah really with one of theese pipe cleaners and every maybe 10 smokes I just run some water down the stem to get the different flavours out of it... h yeah and maybe each 10 smokes I also run water through my hose ( washable ) .. Warm water and just shaking that water around then out.
ya thats probably hurting your taste and leaving the water in is not that good, i would never use water that had sat in my hookah over night. some people do but the general consensus is change it every session or day, i dump the water and clean it after each session

-matt
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I always wash my setup before my sessions. After a session i'm just too tired, to wait till my bowl gets cold, and than clean everything. I just put it away, and on the next day (usually i smoke 1 bowl every day) while i'm litting my coals i clean my hookah with water, set up everything, and than i'm ready. The cleaning and the setup together is about 10 minutes, or maybe a little bit less. Than my coals are ready, and i can smoke

Btw, i wanted to ask: is that a problem, that i wash my hookah before my sessions, and when i start to smoke, there are some water in my stem? Does it affect the smoke, or something?
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM
reality-
Banned

Yeah of course i change water every session! even if the last session was only 1 hours ago! But I dont change it directly after I smoke.. I change it when getting my hookah ready for a new session!
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:40 PM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampi View Post
Btw, i wanted to ask: is that a problem, that i wash my hookah before my sessions, and when i start to smoke, there are some water in my stem? Does it affect the smoke, or something?
No man thats no problem!
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post

Yes ..... I once left it like that for a few days and the insides of the downstem rusted and I had to sand the rust .....

At least empty the base once u finish smoking and clean later if u want to
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook