Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Fake vs REAL tobacco

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
reality-
Banned

Default Fake vs REAL tobacco

So anyway guys.. I live in sweden where taxes are high and knowledge is low.. SO thats why we have lots of FAKE tobacco..
So what is fake tobacco.. Theres one rare fake tobacco Ive only seen twice, and I have no pictures unfortunally.. But I can describe that the nakhla one ( other was laylaline ), first of all the package on outside looked almost similair to real one. Except for the logo, thats all I noticed different.. the coconuts on the palm is not blood-red-colour but its was alot brighter color.. and when u open it up its not in a plastic bag of any sort, its in normal kitchen plastic.. not even closed or zipped in anyway.. and inside is not even tobacco.. Its like something that looks like tobacco but it doesnt smell like tobacco and u CANT smoke it!

So now I'll tell u about the normal FAKE tobacco.. it is different from the one I described cus u can smoke it.. It tastes good and smells good as well.. But it's not at all the real deal! In nakhla version I think that it is the same producers that makes the tobacco... But in al fakher I think that the fake tobacco is produced by some other country or company..
Anyways.. pictures!!:

in the pictures u can see a fake nakhla two aplle flavour.. the fake red little crappy thread is whats blows the cover.. then when u open it its not in the pretty classic colorful nakhla bag, but in normal white plastic. but still written nakhla on it.. Tastes Okey , very similar to real nakhla but still not the real taste.. its a bit drier as well.. smells very good also..
This tobacco I would say is probably morewhat of a "budget" version of the real nakhla, rater then a "fake" nakhla.. cus Its really tobacco and smells and tastes good..

Al fakher.. Well this one I would think is not even produced in UAE and doesnt have anything with the real al fakher to do.. its just pure copy and crappy.. Ive tried every flavour there is of this "fake" type of al fakher and it is faaar from the real deal.. I have uploaded a picture of the real deal and u cant even see the real al fakher logo on the fake one, noir is there a "genuine al fakher" thread on it..
But this is also REAL tobacco, smells and tastes and is smokeable.. but only one Ive tried that is good is two appple flavour.. the rest is real bull! the DA is really OKEY but unlike the nakhla fake its not even similair taste to the real AF..
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01013.jpg   DSC01015.jpg   DSC01011.jpg   DSC01012.jpg   DSC01014.jpg  

Old October 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
reality-
Banned

Default Re: Fake vs REAL tobacco

so Al Ajamy .. thsi tobacco is quite new to me.. I bought lots of 50 grams today.. and it seems I can spot the fake ones right out of my own collection.. since I got 2 different cappucinos..
One is a real cool logo and looks really awesome.. other is just a booring al ajamy logo saying "cappucino.." check it out -- Im not really sure about this yet and if anyone got anything to say about this then Im listening cus Im intrested in what kind of al ajamy tobacco I have really gotten.. Is it fake or just old/new batches..

anyway i was in a little hurry when m,aking this post and also I accidently erased eveything I wrote once so had to re-do this thread so maybe I lost some points on the way..
If u wonder anything just ask!!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00999.jpg   DSC01008.jpg   DSC01009.jpg   DSC01010.jpg  
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

wow, are there really fakes going around? thats kinda crazy if you ask me, bootlegging tabaccy
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
So anyway guys.. I live in sweden where taxes are high and knowledge is low.. SO thats why we have lots of FAKE tobacco..
So what is fake tobacco.. Theres one rare fake tobacco Ive only seen twice, and I have no pictures unfortunally.. But I can describe that the nakhla one ( other was laylaline ), first of all the package on outside looked almost similair to real one. Except for the logo, thats all I noticed different.. the coconuts on the palm is not blood-red-colour but its was alot brighter color.. and when u open it up its not in a plastic bag of any sort, its in normal kitchen plastic.. not even closed or zipped in anyway.. and inside is not even tobacco.. Its like something that looks like tobacco but it doesnt smell like tobacco and u CANT smoke it!

So now I'll tell u about the normal FAKE tobacco.. it is different from the one I described cus u can smoke it.. It tastes good and smells good as well.. But it's not at all the real deal! In nakhla version I think that it is the same producers that makes the tobacco... But in al fakher I think that the fake tobacco is produced by some other country or company..
Anyways.. pictures!!:

in the pictures u can see a fake nakhla two aplle flavour.. the fake red little crappy thread is whats blows the cover.. then when u open it its not in the pretty classic colorful nakhla bag, but in normal white plastic. but still written nakhla on it.. Tastes Okey , very similar to real nakhla but still not the real taste.. its a bit drier as well.. smells very good also..
This tobacco I would say is probably morewhat of a "budget" version of the real nakhla, rater then a "fake" nakhla.. cus Its really tobacco and smells and tastes good..

Al fakher.. Well this one I would think is not even produced in UAE and doesnt have anything with the real al fakher to do.. its just pure copy and crappy.. Ive tried every flavour there is of this "fake" type of al fakher and it is faaar from the real deal.. I have uploaded a picture of the real deal and u cant even see the real al fakher logo on the fake one, noir is there a "genuine al fakher" thread on it..
But this is also REAL tobacco, smells and tastes and is smokeable.. but only one Ive tried that is good is two appple flavour.. the rest is real bull! the DA is really OKEY but unlike the nakhla fake its not even similair taste to the real AF..

Your Nakhla is legit, so is your AF DA tub (the first one), the other one however is fake.
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

On another note, where have u been disappearing lately, dude?
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It's hard to say when stuff is fake for the simple reason that the various brands package stuff differently for different markets and some times change the recipes (the Germans for instance are forbidden from buying moist style moassels.) You may also want to know that in some cases trade mark disputes result in products with near Identical names like Al Fakher and Al Fakhur which are often confused with fakes rather then actually being fake.
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:21 PM
mckheu

thats absurd ...
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Your Nakhla is legit, so is your AF DA tub (the first one), the other one however is fake.
By legit I didn't mean it was a stone in it.. I meant that the tobacco quality is wheyy worse then the real packaged nakhla.. Kind of like hajo said.. that they probably make that tobacco but for a different market.. and the swedish market isn't that demanding.. really..
and the AF tub.. Dude.. it's so far from legit man.. its real tobacco in YES but it's not even a AF stamp on it, and nowhere does it say made in UAE and oh yeah.. did I mention that none of the flavours except for DA does actually taste anything.. !

and where Ive been .. Ive been at my grilfriends house for 6 days ! no internet ! jsut chilling!" but Im back!!!!!!!
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
the Germans for instance are forbidden from buying moist style moassels

Why is that?
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Why is that?
I've heard that there is a law that hookah tobacco can only have a max of a moist level at a certain percentage.

Its b/c a long time ago, shop owners, etc used to rip off the public by adding in more "moistness" to the tobacco (while leaving hardly any tobacco) so people will be charged more just because the tobacco feels "heavier".

Damn...I saw a shisha in one of our HP members' vids that was exactly like above..It didn't even LOOK like shisha! It look like dried out tobacco and Idk how people can smoke that with a law like that!
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

regulating tobacco is crazy!
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:05 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I've heard that there is a law that hookah tobacco can only have a max of a moist level at a certain percentage.

Its b/c a long time ago, shop owners, etc used to rip off the public by adding in more "moistness" to the tobacco (while leaving hardly any tobacco) so people will be charged more just because the tobacco feels "heavier".

Damn...I saw a shisha in one of our HP members' vids that was exactly like above..It didn't even LOOK like shisha! It look like dried out tobacco and Idk how people can smoke that with a law like that!
So even if it is sealed they cannot buy it That sucks .... What if the packing material states how moist it is and people like it that way?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
hookaksgalore
Hookah Newbie

hoow much does the fake brand sell for anyone wanna sell me some fake tobacco so i can try it if its cheap and u can get wholesale prices ill be intrested to buy it
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:01 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Nice first post
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:04 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookaksgalore View Post
hoow much does the fake brand sell for anyone wanna sell me some fake tobacco so i can try it if its cheap and u can get wholesale prices ill be intrested to buy it
Why in the...?! .... oh forget it!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Bassem
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Not just moisture gets added. I know of a moassel that in the early '80s was accused of adding lead filings to their product, as it was an inexpensive way to cheat the scales. Needless to say, whether true or not, sales plummeted dramatically. Unbelievably, that brand survived and is successful today.
If it doesn't look like the real deal, or what your used to, pass it by. At the very least, your being cheated of an expressed value with a knock-off. At most, you may be seriously endangering your health.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:25 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassem View Post
Not just moisture gets added. I know of a moassel that in the early '80s was accused of adding lead filings to their product, as it was an inexpensive way to cheat the scales. Needless to say, whether true or not, sales plummeted dramatically. Unbelievably, that brand survived and is successful today.
If it doesn't look like the real deal, or what your used to, pass it by. At the very least, your being cheated of an expressed value with a knock-off. At most, you may be seriously endangering your health.
the screenname and the question lead me to beleive this may be a retailer lookin' for some cheap fakes.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:57 AM
ravio
Hookah Newbie

the idea of fake tobacco hadnt even cross my mind! thanks for letting me know man..I'll take a closer look next time lol id be so pissed if I came home and the first bowl I packed tasted like crap..waste of money and fun :\

and LOL at the "retailer"s post
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
the screenname and the question lead me to beleive this may be a retailer lookin' for some cheap fakes.
A retailer who has an aversion to caps, punctiation and spelling.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:45 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

I have had this experience with fake Al Waha After nine and it is not pleasant.

If you look at Sinbad tobacco which is produced in Germany their is two versions of it. A Juicy version for export and a drier version for local consumption. There is laws governing the export of Molasses tobacco with a higher then a certain percentage moisture, That is why Prince Molasses sells a re-hydration kit so that you can rejuvenate the Molasses. Think The laws was put in place to protect consumers from buying packs of Juice and less tobacco.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:00 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

the nakhla is the real deal othere then that idk bro

Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:06 AM
JamesLee85
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JamesLee85

Fake tobacco is sold all over. Al Fakher 250g boxes are sold in the UK. You can tell straight away from the packaging. Not only is the package awful but it has no plastic around the box with a white seal band with alfkaher writtin on it which is a huge give away + the value of these are usually around 6.... No one can make a profit on the authentic Al Fakher 250g at this price so that is another give away.

Nakhla fakes are sealed with a red band and usually only have about 150g tobacco in a 250g pack. Authentic Nakhla will be sealed with a white band and the box will be heavier as its packed with 250g tobacco.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:34 AM
Jinzx
Hookah Nut

there's a new type of fake al fakher around now from when he wrote this thread, its almost identical to normal al fakher packaging but doesn't taste as well, could try to find pictures and compare.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLee85 View Post
...usually only have about 150g tobacco in a 250g pack. Authentic Nakhla will be sealed with a white band and the box will be heavier as its packed with 250g tobacco.
authentic Nakhla aren't always 250g either as seen in the first mizo watermelon/guava sale by TheEgyptian. the packs he got had around 175g.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I've AF like that before and I could have sworn it wasn't real.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook