Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What kind of coals are these

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 29th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik
Default What kind of coals are these

My wife said the coals that came with my Hookah were in a plastic wrapper like a small pack of gummy lifesavers she said and the only thing on them was the word Blown. Are you familiar with any coals that the wrappers just says blown on it.

By the way I still haven't seen anything but the Shisha which is Herbal is is Saalaam Spiced Chai.

Last edited by Fezzik; October 29th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old October 29th, 2008, 03:57 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: What kind of coals are these

so wait, your xmas present hookah, is in your wifes possession this early in the year? wow 2 months just sitting there. tell her the sisha and coals will go bad if they are left sitting for 2 months and that the hookah will corrode if you dont smoke it
-matt
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

yeah, if it is in your home, i would sweet talk her into giving it to you early but maintaining its chirstmas present status.... thats just kinda messed up to know the object of your desire is in the vacinity but you cant have it.

and the coals are probably some random quick-light brand. nothing too exciting. they work, but i would get ahead of the game and grab some quality naturals. CH naturals, exoticas or coconaras.
Old October 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Yeah I don't like surprises all that much and she is doing christmas shopping wicked early cause we are broke. It is less painful to spread it out. So she made a few mistakes. She had been looking at hookahs and things cause we both wanted one because we fell in love with the ones a Lizzy's. So one night she was showing me one and being all in control of the screen but I saw the paid check mark. She showed me pictures to see what I thought and it looked wicked cool and was dirt cheap. Also actual Egyptian. When it came in she was all excited cause of all the stuff that came in it so she just had to tell me. She is enforcing the rules and well it is kind of in a fortress at the moment. The in-laws' bed room closet. No way I am going in there especially to pull it out and smoke it. So yes I must wait. Builds character or something like that.

I looked up some of the stuff it came with. Some generic mouth pieces that fit the hose. The hose I can't quite figure out so I won't bother looking. The coals seem to be a generic brand of quick lights that that store carries. Saalaam tobaccoless molasses seems to be the only Herbal anyone here likes very much at all.

I do plan to get some CH coals I debated CH or Coconaras but I am thiniking CH but the instant lights cause I want to minimize the start up costs and I already need a wind screen some more tobacco and some hoses or a washable hose. I don't want to get into the single burner stove just yet and for the first few smokes I want to keep it as simple as possible. The coals at the place we go are quicklights and don't have any taste and we light them right up at the table and haven't really noticed much smell. I will probably find out what they are too just to check.

Anyway thanks guys. I found some stuff out and I suppose the coals are just cheapo generics and who knows what they will be like.
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

If blow is in the name of your coals there's a good chance they will indeed! LOL
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

blown coals are actually very decent silver coals.
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Where did you get your hookah from...Lizzy's? Wheres that?
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM
kingboyb
Banned

blown = blows

the japs are ok
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Where did you get your hookah from...Lizzy's? Wheres that?
Ebay. Lizzy's is a restaurant where we go rent hookahs.
Old October 29th, 2008, 11:01 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
Yeah I don't like surprises all that much and she is doing christmas shopping wicked early cause we are broke. It is less painful to spread it out. So she made a few mistakes. She had been looking at hookahs and things cause we both wanted one because we fell in love with the ones a Lizzy's. So one night she was showing me one and being all in control of the screen but I saw the paid check mark. She showed me pictures to see what I thought and it looked wicked cool and was dirt cheap. Also actual Egyptian. When it came in she was all excited cause of all the stuff that came in it so she just had to tell me. She is enforcing the rules and well it is kind of in a fortress at the moment. The in-laws' bed room closet. No way I am going in there especially to pull it out and smoke it. So yes I must wait. Builds character or something like that.

I looked up some of the stuff it came with. Some generic mouth pieces that fit the hose. The hose I can't quite figure out so I won't bother looking. The coals seem to be a generic brand of quick lights that that store carries. Saalaam tobaccoless molasses seems to be the only Herbal anyone here likes very much at all.

I do plan to get some CH coals I debated CH or Coconaras but I am thiniking CH but the instant lights cause I want to minimize the start up costs and I already need a wind screen some more tobacco and some hoses or a washable hose. I don't want to get into the single burner stove just yet and for the first few smokes I want to keep it as simple as possible. The coals at the place we go are quicklights and don't have any taste and we light them right up at the table and haven't really noticed much smell. I will probably find out what they are too just to check.

Anyway thanks guys. I found some stuff out and I suppose the coals are just cheapo generics and who knows what they will be like.
you dont notice QLs have a taste until you smoke naturals for a little bit. also per coal naturals are more expensive but they give 2-3 times the burn time (depending on which you compare). also id you use naturals it is really worth the $ to get the stove, i put it off then after 1 smoke of my hookahs with naturals i went and got one.

just as an example QLs are 10-15 cents a pop if you buy them in bulk, cocos are about 17 cents a pop, if you use 2 of each per session (1 QL after another or 2 cocos at once) you will get the same time if not a little longer from the cocos. so cost difference is really minimal, heck the CH coals are cheaper and supposedly last as long if not longer than cocos from what i have seen on line
-matt
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Yeah I definitely want to get naturals but I am trying to think about getting set up quick and the bare essentials for my first few smokes. There will be some stuff to pick up along the way. Also I think there will be times when both will serve their purpose. I am thinking starting with QL CH or 3kings coals and eventually getting the CH naturals and the burner from walgreen's or biglots or Lowes and I can use gift cards from the wedding. Hey now there is a thought. At CH the CH naturals are cheaper than the INstant lights. They cost the same but the IL's are a little larger so you get fewer for the same price.

See I have very little money and to say very little is to make it sound better than it is. So I am thinking wind cover, washable hose, and a sampler of 50g shishas of different brands and flavors are essentials to start a couple of rolls of QL's from the local markets will get me started. I do plan to get the single burner and naturals later but I am just thinking about getting off the ground first as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:05 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
Yeah I definitely want to get naturals but I am trying to think about getting set up quick and the bare essentials for my first few smokes. There will be some stuff to pick up along the way. Also I think there will be times when both will serve their purpose. I am thinking starting with QL CH or 3kings coals and eventually getting the CH naturals and the burner from walgreen's or biglots or Lowes and I can use gift cards from the wedding. Hey now there is a thought. At CH the CH naturals are cheaper than the INstant lights. They cost the same but the IL's are a little larger so you get fewer for the same price.

See I have very little money and to say very little is to make it sound better than it is. So I am thinking wind cover, washable hose, and a sampler of 50g shishas of different brands and flavors are essentials to start a couple of rolls of QL's from the local markets will get me started. I do plan to get the single burner and naturals later but I am just thinking about getting off the ground first as quickly and cheaply as possible.
ya thats a good plan there, just know that once you switch you bless and curse your self, better smoke but if you go back to QLs its not as nice
-matt
Old October 30th, 2008, 11:21 AM
dsr711
Hookah Nut

You could also save some money by making your own windcover either using foil or a big can(for example: Arizona Tea or Monster Heavy Metal energy drink).
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

That is what I hear. QL's are convenient and ok but naturals are just great. What is the big difference. I mean a clean burning QL once the stuff burns off is it really that much worse than a natural once it has been lit?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook