Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Help Please, shisha repair

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
shisheiro
Hookah Newbie

Unhappy Help Please, shisha repair

My shisha fell about 4 or 5 times already, the vase is not broken or anything like that, it just falls on it's side all the time because I keep it next to my bed and something always goes wrong like I push the hose and it falls. My carpet has multiple burn holes on it. But the real reason why I'm asking for help is because since my shisha has been falling it hasn't been working 100% like it used to. I don't know why because it looks alright, nothing is broken on the shisha. No smoke comes out and the tobacco seems not to be cooking. I don't know if it's the charcoal or the tobacco or the shisha. Have you got any suggestions if the same thing has happened to you maybe how to repair it. I'm tempted to buy another one but I'm poor now so I can't.

Thanking You in advance
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
reality-
Banned

Default Re: Help Please, shisha repair

Check for holes and leackage in your riig. put a finger on the other side of the hose and blow, and do the same thing with ur hookah ( we call waterpipe-hookah and tobacco-shisha on this forum even if shisha means waterpipe in some languages.. )
Then you will locate the problem.. but everything on place , the hose and the hookah and the bowl , but put no tobacco in the bowl and put ur hand on it and suck from the hose. if u feel a good draw from your hand then its good...
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:11 PM
shisheiro
Hookah Newbie

thanks bro, but i don't understand what the riig is? so i blow on the hose with my finger on the other side to see if there is air leackage and do the same in the hookha? i think i know what the problem is, I bought quick lite charcoal which I use most of time but I think this one is fucked up because it doesn't burn proparly and it stinks of petroleum and my smoke tastes of charcoal. I also bought cherry flavour tobacco from the same place and it smells of shit. The owner of the shop told me cherry nakhla smells like that so I will try it again with my other charcoal this time. the first time I tried with the quick lite smoke didn't even come out.
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

a rig is your hookah/shisha the actual divice you smoke out of.. check for holes in your hose.. and just dont drop it anymore..lol
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

I know it's a stretch, but if you could possibly post some pics of the stem that would be great. No vase, just the sections of the stem. Look into the downstem and see if there is debris/buildup blocking the airflow. Petroleum? what are you cleaning it with? and what coals?
Old November 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM
shisheiro
Hookah Newbie

ok, so i think my hookha is fine, no air leackage and it seems to be working fine, this time I tried the nakhla cherry flavour with my Abo Alabed wood coals and it didn't work, the tobacco wasn't even burning and the coals were red hot, so conclusion the tobacco I bought is basically fucked, it smells like rotten cherry and shit, really bad. so I tried it with my nakhla double apple flavour tobacco with the same coals and it was smoking fine but the taste was shit and harsh. The coals I normally use is the swift lite coals but i think these coals are fucked up too because it stinks of petroleum and the taste of the smoking is harsh. I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong but i will buy some other tobacco this time grape or strawberry al - fakher. let's see if it's better. my hookha use to be perfect, now it's shit and i feel fucking sad.
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
shisheiro
Hookah Newbie

I clean it with lemon juice and baking soda. thanks bro, i will check the downstem, the downstem is where those two holes are isn't?
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:59 PM
thetallest
Hookah Newbie

If the smoke is too harsh, it sounds like you have a problem with heat management and not the hookah or tobacco. Try using less coals.
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Also, make sure you WAIT for the coals to finish sparking BEFORE putting them on the bowl! lol idk but it sounds like thats what the prob is

Also you might be packing too high. You should pack only up to a lil below the rim of the bowl
Old November 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
reality-
Banned

Bro.. i have the best advice for you.. Give this forum 1 hour maximum 2 hours and look around in this section, old threads that might intrest you.. I promise you, u will be a hookah expert!
Old November 9th, 2008, 09:58 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

^^^so so true ^^^
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:45 PM
-FliM-
Hookah Nut

I feel bad that I don't post much useful info, but the reality is most of my questions are already answered
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook