Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

BEST BRANDS!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 14th, 2008, 01:46 AM
hookah-D
Hookah Newbie

Red face BEST BRANDS!!!

I don't want to waste any more money on all these different kinds of shisha. I buy. I don't like. I don't finish it. It sits on the shelf or ends up in the trash. I want to find a brand that delivers all three: 1. Thick smoke 2. Rich flavor 3. Ultimate buzz
What brands do you all recommend? or What advice would you give me to achieve all three?
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:25 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: BEST BRANDS!!!

what gave you tried so far? i like most of AF, the newest SB and some of the others.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:39 AM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

AF is great but you said ultimate buzz, so I would have to say Ayam Zaman. Some people find it difficult to walk after smoking it
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:40 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

I'm a big fan of Baja and Nakhla.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:44 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

It all comes down to self preference

I like Starbuzz. A lot. lol

I'm starting to like Hookah Freak a lot too
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:11 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

I am thirding the SB. Hands down favorite of all the brands i have tried. Thick clouds, great flavor and can give good buzz.
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

If you want thick smoke, rich flavor, and ultimate buzz, your choices are very limited. Ayam Zaman is all of the above. It will thump your noggin'! Nakhla is the first 2 but doesn't buzz me much but others claim it does.
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:42 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

I enjoy Nakhla, Al Fakher, and Starbuzz the most. For a good buzz though, my absolute favourite is Shooting Star "Delighting the Senses" but you are almost out of luck on that unless you live in Syria . I haven't tried Ayam Zaman yet but I'm sure it rules
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I like Al Fakher, Nakhla, Starbuzz, Hookah Freak/Hookah Hookah, Fumari and although I haven't tried it yet, I am looking forward to trying the Ayam Zaman

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to III_3_TDS_3_III

one the best parts of smoking is trying different shisha and when you have a bunch of different kinds of bad shisha lying around mix it together make a suicide
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:34 AM
reality-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by III_3_TDS_3_III View Post
one the best parts of smoking is trying different shisha and when you have a bunch of different kinds of bad shisha lying around mix it together make a suicide
LoL .. suicide? Why just dont smoke it instead...
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

Starbuzz and Fumari are my favs.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
reality-
Banned

Some brands make betetr flavour some make worse..
Like nakhla makes some amazing flavours but I wouldnt say its the best brand, the same with starbuzz.. If I had money I would buy all of theese companies and combine their secrets and make a whole line of only the best flavours from the best old brands and make them the "nima line" ..
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

The best bang for the buck, Nakhla. The best bang regardless of the buck, Fumari and Ayam Zaman. This is a difficult question to answer as no matter what anyone here says, your tatses may be completely different. Your best bet is to start reading through the reviews, decide which ones sound good to you and pick up a 50g sample of them, if available. Also unless you have tried a flavor/brand and know it to be the best, to accept someones opinion telling you it's the best may be setting you up for dissapointment. Try them, learn your tastes and enjoy.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
The best bang for the buck, Nakhla. The best bang regardless of the buck, Fumari and Ayam Zaman. This is a difficult question to answer as no matter what anyone here says, your tatses may be completely different. Your best bet is to start reading through the reviews, decide which ones sound good to you and pick up a 50g sample of them, if available. Also unless you have tried a flavor/brand and know it to be the best, to accept someones opinion telling you it's the best may be setting you up for dissapointment. Try them, learn your tastes and enjoy.
My philosophy to a tee. Though I do see the benefit of asking. Everyone wants to start with the best and no one wants to pay their dues to find out what the best is. It amazes me that so many people do this (and I am one) with anything subjective like music, food, movies, wine, cigars, and Shisha. Everyone has different tastes so taking someone's word for it is dumb. If I did that I may think country is the best music because I know people that think that way. I happen to not think that way. However, finding out what other people like is a good starting point. Some things are well regarded because they really do have considerable quality points over others. So you might tell someone to try reputable brands or reputable dealers or some of the top brands (you get that a lot with cameras) but how is someone to know what is reputable or trustworthy or considered good without asking. The reviews work to give you an idea of what and why people like certain things. Again though if you go by reviews alone then several no name brand items that have little to no good flavors might sound great based on a hand full of reviews. The best thing is to get a broad range of answers and reviews and then try a few of what sounds best. That should get you started as well as get you some idea of what you may like. Then you expand your experiences to more obscure brands and different types. Then you can downright take chances on stuff you have never heard of and give it a try. Who knows you may be the only person in the world to like a particular brand if so good on ya.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
My philosophy to a tee. Though I do see the benefit of asking.
Absolutely, I just always put that be cautious part in every time I answer someones "what is" requests. I will tell what I think then say try yourself.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality- View Post
LoL .. suicide? Why just dont smoke it instead...
yeah its awesome say you have like 4 50g boxes and all 4 suck just put 10 grams of each into a bowl and smoke away youd be surprised sometimes its good but mainly its fun to do when people are over
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

big fan of af and nakhla those are go to brands
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
hookah-D
Hookah Newbie

i was mostly asking because sometimes i wonder if i could find a brand that delivered all three very well without any comprimise. like a brand that gives you maximum flavor without comprimising the buzz you get from it. sometimes you have a really nice buzz from it but it tastes like crap. i guess i will have to stick with the star buzz. it seems to be the only one that delivers a decent amout of the three i mentioned at the beginning. i was just hoping that it didnt stop there. maybe there is no perfect brand out there yet. if there is i'm sure it would be pretty damn expensive. thanks for all of your help. i will try that NAKHLA and FAKHER.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
III_3_TDS_3_III
Hookah Nut

you have to pay a little more for star buzz but its certainly worth it
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

my favorite 3:
1. Starbuzz
2. Fantasia
3. Hookah Hookah / Hookah Freak

The worst three for me:
1. Nakhla
2. Prince Moassel
3. Al Waha

starbuzz and fantasia are just great. price doesnt matter, cuz i have to buy everything from abroad.
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife

Well, if you want thick smoke, exotic flavors and a buzz then Tangiers and Tangiers Lucid are your best choices. Tangiers is definately harder to get just right with heat management and packing the bowl, but its usually worth the hassle mainly for the buzz factor.

If your willing to sacrifice some buzz then as listed above some good choices are Starbuzz and Fumari. Nakhla has some good simple flavors like Double Apple and Cherry which are some of our biggest sellers, but it doesnt really provide thick smoke and the buzz factor is negligible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mike
Hookah Life
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

IMO, the best that delivers the first 2 is nakhla, fumari, AW and tangies. i'd rate tangiers 6/10 and 5/10 for buzz (but my opinion doest really count on this one because i am an everyday hookah smoker so nothing really gives me a buzz). Nakhla has more complex and "earthy" flavours that feel natural than ANYTHING i tried (excuding tradiional and black-style moasel) which is what i am looking in a relaxing and enjoyable moasel. For me, Starbuzz is like smoking chemically flavoured air (or eating candy). For the buzz factor that you want (i am not a big fan) but if you are not an everyday smoker nakhla will suffice.

Nakhla to try : Strawberry, Dubble apple (all time fav), mandarin, Marguerita, pistacho, Fakhakhina mixed fruit (not the normal kind of mixed fruit).
Nakhla mint will give you all three you want to a degree you cant really take.

Cheers
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookah-D View Post
I don't want to waste any more money on all these different kinds of shisha. I buy. I don't like. I don't finish it. It sits on the shelf or ends up in the trash. I want to find a brand that delivers all three: 1. Thick smoke 2. Rich flavor 3. Ultimate buzz
What brands do you all recommend? or What advice would you give me to achieve all three?
I say.... let me get your leftovers
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:51 PM
WickedSide
Hookah Newbie

as its been said, every1 has a diff. preference, I personally like a little bit of everything, minus Nakhla and similar products, which I think are horrible, I enjoy Fusion and some of the AF...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook