Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Which natural coal would you get???

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

Default Which natural coal would you get???

Would you guys rather get the CocoNara natural coals or the Exotica square natural coals?? Today, I'm going to be ordering from the hookah store.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Which natural coal would you get???

A lot of people rave about the coconaras.

I've seen so much praise for coconut based coals that I ordered a box of ******* Hookah Naturals.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

************* charcaol is the best charcoal out there and a better value than coconaras.
________
Expert insurance

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

That is a toss up. I use both Coconara and Exotica. One bad thing about Exotica is that they smell pretty nasty until they get completely white. If you are like me and get anxious and try smoking before your coals are completely white, go for the Coconara. But Exotica is cheaper.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince of hooka View Post
************* charcaol is the best charcoal out there and a better value than coconaras.
i definetly agree.
dont waste your money on anything else!

i just ordered a new order from hookahcompany.com and got like 10 new boxes of fusion and i forgot to add that in the order
i sent an email though so i hope i can get those added in before they ship because im low on my CH coals. and like i sed, they ARE the BEST.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

How long does the ************* charcaol last for?? I looked up some videos on you tube the CocoNaras last for about an hour.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:15 PM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

There is two types of ************* coals, there are the quick lights and the natural. What is the difference between these two choices?? and is the quick lights just a common quick light coals or is it natural??
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianpimp730 View Post
i definetly agree.
dont waste your money on anything else!

i just ordered a new order from hookahcompany.com and got like 10 new boxes of fusion and i forgot to add that in the order
i sent an email though so i hope i can get those added in before they ship because im low on my CH coals. and like i sed, they ARE the BEST.

wow how long has hookahcompany been carrying CH coals?
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLinkZor View Post
There is two types of ************* coals, there are the quick lights and the natural. What is the difference between these two choices?? and is the quick lights just a common quick light coals or is it natural??

both coals in my experience are tasteless. They are exactly the same except one has an additive to make it light up quickly. The quicklights light up similar to an ahkla coal. Very flamey/smokey, but after that its flavorless and odorless coal.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
both coals in my experience are tasteless. They are exactly the same except one has an additive to make it light up quickly. The quicklights light up similar to an ahkla coal. Very flamey/smokey, but after that its flavorless and odorless coal.
Alright, thanks bradedup for the information.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

Quote:
i used to always like natural coal over quick lights until i tried ******* hookah quick lite coal as soon as you lite the coal ( i used a stove) a flame erupts and you dont get that nasty smell that other quick lite coals give you. after they lite up if you would try a shisha with natural ************* coal and then try one with ******* hooka quick lite coals you wouldnt be able to tell the differece except the difference in size the quick lites are a bit bigger you never get that nasty chemical taste. i highly recommend them
________
********* indica

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
wow how long has hookahcompany been carrying CH coals?

haha i was suprised too!
i just clicked to check and there they were!
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

if you have not tried either get a box of each. both are decent coals and can be used well.

i prefer coconaras after 3 boxes of exoticas and now on my 5th box of cocos since aug i think the cocos burn longer, less taste at start up, and dont smell when you light them up, dont break apart unless they are tinny tinny bits that are about to die

-matt
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Coconut coals you don't have to cut, and they don't impact the environment as bad as Exoticas!
Old November 24th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Ekove
Hookah Nut

I use both, they're alright. What I like about exotica is their shape, they're easy to cut into smaller pieces for better heat management.

Though Coconara have less smell and are more natural and environmental. Exotica is Chinese, right? That is why I don't think I'll buy any more of it myself. I rather avoid Chinese products.
Old November 24th, 2008, 02:32 AM
bLinkZor
Hookah Nut

Can anyone help me find where they sell that ************* coco nut coals for a good cheap price and also the shipping, please.
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Can anyone help me find where they sell that ************* coco nut coals for a good cheap price and also the shipping, please.
******* hookah
-matt
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
I use both, they're alright. What I like about exotica is their shape, they're easy to cut into smaller pieces for better heat management.

Though Coconara have less smell and are more natural and environmental. Exotica is Chinese, right? That is why I don't think I'll buy any more of it myself. I rather avoid Chinese products.
How do you live then out of curiousity, considering almost everything is made in China nowadays?
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
I am going to be brutally honest ..

bLinkZor save your money and just buy from one vendor at a time .. the coconara's are great coals! ch naturals are the SAME thing! So just buy the coconara's from thehookahstore and keep your shipping low. Natural coconut coals last a long time! and are worth the bang for the buck!

the natural coconut coals (whatever brand) are great! It is one of my preferred coals right now.

the quick light ch coals don't put out as much heat as a naturals, but are very convenient when smoking outside or someplace where you have no access to a good heat source to light them. They only last about half the time as naturals too.

Hope that helps .. Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:21 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

only difference I found with CH nats VS Coconara is the CH coals ash significantly more and have to be ashed more frequently. With that aside they are excellent coals.

Old November 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
only difference I found with CH nats VS Coconara is the CH coals ash significantly more and have to be ashed more frequently. With that aside they are excellent coals.
Yeah I agree with you there .. the coconaras are pretty cool how they ash. I very rarely drop one in the ash tray (to ash them). I usually just move them around the bowl.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 24th, 2008, 12:42 PM
kingboyb
Banned

For whatever reason, CoCo's always gave off a very strong wood/pine scent whenever I roasted them. They are still good, but I don't get that stench when I heat ************* coals so I use those instead.
Old November 24th, 2008, 01:46 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
For whatever reason, CoCo's always gave off a very strong wood/pine scent whenever I roasted them. They are still good, but I don't get that stench when I heat ************* coals so I use those instead.
some times i get a touch of the charcoal smell with cocos but its usually if i leave the room for a while then come back a few mins later while they are lighting up but its a whif then it goes away

-matt
Old November 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Coconara all the way! anyone who says Exoticas don't have an odor is lying, and they do have a slight taste. Coconara actually smell good when heating up (allow about 8 minutes to heat up) and have no taste at all
Old November 24th, 2008, 02:17 PM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
I agree, Coconara doesn't ash hardly at all. There is no smell when lighting. When using them I never bother to knock the ash off because there is never enough ash to bother with. Considering how small they are, they last an extremely long time. But not quite as long as the Exotica.

The Exotica doesn't ash as much as other natural coals but does more so than Coconara. As for the smell and taste of Exotica, I only notice that when they are not fully lit. Once the black is gone and they turn white/gray, they have no taste nor smell and burn for a very long time. And they are square and won't roll off your bowl.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook