Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What should I get from Kuwait?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 24th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Ekove
Hookah Nut

Default What should I get from Kuwait?

Hey

I'm going to Kuwait in two weeks and I'm going to stock up on some flavors to save on money. I'm also getting some of the stuff not available here in North America so I was wondering if anybody who has been to Kuwait or lives knows what stuff I can look for there and recommend some good shops for me.

Right now what I have in mind is:
AF Double Apple
AF Grape
AF Golden Double Apple (if I find it)

What else should I look for(not necessarily shisha, even accessories)? I hear a lot of people talking about local made stuff being the best.

Thanks!
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:51 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: What should I get from Kuwait?

i'd totally skip the AF stuff and get something made in kuwait.
Old November 24th, 2008, 08:56 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Local Stuff > Mass Produced.

AF is great for what you can get here, but is nothing compared to local blends, families that have been hand making it for generations.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

try to get something local. There are alot of tombaks and other black moassels that are popular in the gulf.Ask the locals what they're smoking. And don't bother looking for AF golden double apple. There is no such product.
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM
ToncSTAR
Hookah Newbie

yeah, id try to find something popular to the locals. and then when you get back to the US have several kilos of AF since its dirt cheap there.
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

just enjoy yourself and try things before you load up on them. bring back what you think is best. beware, they will tell you everything is good, just try it first if you can. also, ask locals that aren't in the business but do smoke, alot. they should be your best source for what to buy, where and how much you should pay. hopefully you'll have some friends there.
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
just enjoy yourself and try things before you load up on them. bring back what you think is best. beware, they will tell you everything is good, just try it first if you can. also, ask locals that aren't in the business but do smoke, alot. they should be your best source for what to buy, where and how much you should pay. hopefully you'll have some friends there.
John's right. If I may add, always haggle on the price.Don't pay the first, or even second price your given. That is the norm for commerce in the region. If you "takalam al arabia" this will help. Don't be a "tourist"!
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Hello Ekove,

I spent the last 15 years in the gulf reigon (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE) and I went to hundreds of hookah bars. Let me tell u something, the best shisha tobacco is in Bahrain.

If u can go to bahrain (it is only one hour from kuwait by airplane), go to the following hookah bars and they might sell u their great tobacco:

1- Bendira cafe, this is located at the Al-aali mall (adjacent to seef mall) and they have great flavors especially the DA.
2- Acacia (Iraqi restaurant and hookah bar) they have a great flavor called Acacia shisha.
3- Bab Al-Bahrain (downtown). you can go there and ask about old people who sell hookah tobacco. They are the best.

I wish you a safe trip.

I really miss bahrain
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I forgot one thing,

They have the best hookah hoses in Kuwait and they are cheap. The price of one hose is $ 5. I don't know how to describe the hose but I will try, it has a wooden end (the end that you place in your mouth) and it comes in one color (beige) with green and red decoration.

I will try to post a pic of that hose.
Old November 24th, 2008, 10:50 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
John's right. If I may add, always haggle on the price.Don't pay the first, or even second price your given. That is the norm for commerce in the region. If you "takalam al arabia" this will help. Don't be a "tourist"!
AR bargaining may be harder than it sounds, they know what's going on always. hopefully this guy will have at least 1 friend to count on to help him do all of the purchasing/negotiating for him
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Ekove
Hookah Nut

Hey guys, thanks for the great tips. Maybe I forgot to mentions two things, I'm actually from Kuwait but I study in Canada. So I speak Arabic and know how to get a good price, I just don't know any Shisha shops there because hookah bars are dirt cheap in Kuwait, that's why I'm -ironically- asking for info. I'm also the only hardcore hookah smoker between my friends so I doubt they know anything. The second thing is, since I live in Canada, AF is actually expensive here, just like all Tobacco, it's like 50$ from a local shop, and 25ish if I order it online. So stocking up on good mass produced Tobacco is a good option for me, unless local made stuff is really that much better. I actually remember Shisha being so much better and more flavorful there but I always thought it's because I never prepare it right.

Abu Ronin: Actually I've heard many people talk about AF Golden Double Apple, they just don't export all the Golden flavors to North America, but then again it could be just a rumor.

Thunder: Yeah I'll probably go in a car trip with my friends for my month of stay. I'll drop by these places if I ever visit Bahrain. Thanks for the list. Oh yeah and please post pics of the Hose. I'd also appreciate any info on specific shops you know of, I only know of one by the beach.

*************: Don't worry about me as I said I'm from there actually. And anyway considering how ridiculously expensive Tobacco is in Canada, anything in Kuwait is cheap for me.

Again, thanks everyone. And since many of you recommended the local made stuff, I'd really appreciate it if any of you who has been there can point me to some good shops. I'm staying there for a really short time to look for shops myself.
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Ya m3awwwwad

u r welcome walad 3ammi

I wish u a wondeful trip
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:48 AM
TheMadnessAxis
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Ya m3awwwwad

u r welcome walad 3ammi

I wish u a wondeful trip
im from kuwait " in the us for a year studying "

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL 3ala elly foogy

welcome to Q8 city bro

hope you enjoy your stay

Last edited by TheMadnessAxis; November 25th, 2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old November 25th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Ekove
Hookah Nut

Now I'm lost...though thanks guys, glad to see some Kuwaitis here, or people who have been there at least.
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

More Arabs at HP.com Cool

Masry here
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook