Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Hub

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Hookah Hub

Has anyone used these guys? They have great prices but I get a little leary about buying online unless I hear a little something about them first.

Billy
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:47 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Hookah Hub

I was going to order from them until I saw their insane shipping charges. 50g of shisha costs $6.36 to ship? Hmmm... No thanks! I hate how companies will bait people in with low prices and freebies then gouge your last dollar out of you on inflated shipping charges this company is a prime example. If you take a look at the freebies the retail price you have a value of $4.47 which wholesale would be way less. Companies have accounts with UPS that gives them discounts beyond what Joe Six Pack sending Mom a birthday present would pay. Enough of a rant. I compare prices and shipping charges as well as offered discounts before buying from any vendor. Hookah Hub will never se a penny of my money.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Thats interesting Dunk, they were at least $3 cheaper on shipping for my items that I put a mock order in for to see what the total cost would be. I have been pricing shipping coals from various companies and the cost of shipping is greater than the coals!!!! $8.99 for coals and $10.17 for shipping!!!! Crazy I tell you.

Billy
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

From what I have seen. Hookah Hub is just a place that sells Hookah-Hookah/Sahara Smoke wares at higher prices on some and or most items.

IF you have done business with Sahara or HH.... you would really ask yourself why you would pay more.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well I specifically was looking at a box of Akhla coals for $19.99, my local tinder box sells them for $2.00 a roll whch works out to be $40.00 per box. Their shipping was like $6.00 for the box so I saw a value there. I cant find akhla's anywhere else. As far as value on other items, I think I saw Layalina for $6 and change which is pretty good as well.

Billy
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

if you want hookah hookah products... just buy from mahir at www.nazarhookah.com hes an awesome vendor, and a good friend too... i have ordered from hookahhub before they werent that great... it took them like 5 days just to ship it out from their store.... which pissed me off... considering their warehouse is one state away from me... and it should have been here in like 3 days...
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

There is no excuse for slow shipping, that bothers me as well. I wasnt looking for HH products as I already order them from Mahir. I was looking for Akhla coals. No worries now though, I have ordered from Mahir again on an awesome deal he is extending forum members.

Billy
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

I just used them about a mouth ago and bought a new Cobra head large hose from them. It wasn't to bad for the price, i did my research and it was the best deal i could find at the time. I was all good till i got the package and i got two hoses in the box. Yeah it was good but the one hose was 10" to short and the other 5". I ask the customer service if their was a reason and all they said was just be happy you got two of them. It was ok but i wouldn't shop their unless they had a spacial going.
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I was going to order from them until I saw their insane shipping charges. 50g of shisha costs $6.36 to ship?
That is absolutely insane! Its crazy how sites try to rip customers off with shipping charges and everything.
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Lol. I hate it when vendors up the shipping charges. It's really not that much to ship stuff, unless it's a KM or something...
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

My friend uses akhla coals and I thought they were horrible. They do light fast, but make sure you light them outside because they produce more smoke and CO than any other coals I've seen.

Also, the heat didn't seem to be that great on them. Then again, we were smoking out of his sahara smoke hookah, so that was probably a huge factor in the crappy smoke.
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

yea that is bullshit i used to work for a shipping company and it does not cost that much to ship something of that size and weight fucking scams.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've got an order that should be here shortly so I can say how well they do shortly. As to shipping costs i've found that you almost always do better on shipping the more you order. Ordering a single 50g packet will result in a shipping bill not much different then buying 250g worth of stuff. Compare prices on shipping buying stuff you want rather then just some tiny thing you'd not place an order for anyway.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook