Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

just a few concerns i have about ss

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 2nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Lei-Riddick
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Lei-Riddick Send a message via Yahoo to Lei-Riddick
Question just a few concerns i have about ss

[FONT=Georgia]I so hope im putting this in the right section. anyways i was wondering would it be a good choice to get a discounted hookah from ss and just replace parts? another concern is that i bought a costume hookah from ss ya kno the ones you pretty much pich each part and wollah its a hookah. well ok to get to the point is that a god choise for a new hookah owner and does it come with the grommets it needs? or does it not really matter what hookah you get as long as you just take care of it and just basically practice[/FONT]
Old December 2nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Default Re: just a few concerns i have about ss

If you buy a discounted SS hookah then buy the parts to replace the slightly defective ones you would almost be spending the same as just buying it new. And Sahara pipes, not the Dragon, are fine hookahs. I own a Genie and use every day. I am considering shelving my KM in favor of oe of their medium sized pipes. Their pipes come complete with all needed hardware to use straight out of the box, including hoses, grommets, bowl, etc etc. Even a very sweet carrying case.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i wanna review a sahara one next year

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

IS SS saharasmoke.com or socialsmoke.com? Either one should be fine, I like the stuff saharasmoke.com has. THey have some great discounted hoses and stuff too!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
IS SS saharasmoke.com or socialsmoke.com? Either one should be fine, I like the stuff saharasmoke.com has. THey have some great discounted hoses and stuff too!
Think Sahara, dont think Socialsmoke does the "build your own hookah" thingy.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

here's the rub. i own two sahara smoke hookahs and both smoke amazing for small hookahs.both which models i cannot recall. one i bought at a local shop for 50 bucks (it was marked up ALOT) and one is a discounted ss hookah (whatever the cheapest one is- 17.99 or something).

$50 at shop on left (hollow stainless steel) - $18 discounted on right (very heavy unknown metal- may be brass underneath- not sure enough to say at all)

most of the time the discounted hookah works much better than the full price one! and i actually just ordered a larger discounted hookah two days ago! the discounted hoses (so far) that i have bought have only had visual blemishes as the site says.

theres a tad bit of hot glue-ish adhesive showing that you cant even see that well in the picture. this is the only "flaw" i have found. no air leaks whatsoever.

the hookahs as well only have visual imperfections that do not matter to a smoker like me who most of the time smokes by his lonesome as way of finding solace. through my personal experience the discounted hookahs work fine. the only issues that were easily fixed were an oblongish base of the hookah (the part with the 2 holes the goes into the grommet) but that fit into a grommet that seemed to be pre-hacked-at (thanks ss cutting crew - i just died in your arms tonight- someone got it)

to fit the stem which then actually fit well into the base without much air leakage (and that was easily fixed with some rubberbands on the grommet to fill in the blanks). some cosmetic stuff like welding points but that adds character unless you wear fancy pants.

hope this long drawn out mess helps you, lei-riddick.

Last edited by ninemillimeter; December 2nd, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

my friend bought a discounted Egyptian hookah from them and it smokes like a champ
Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

There ya have it! Rock On with your Discounted Sahara Smoke Hookah
Don't forget they have hoses for like $3! Do what I do, but one for each UNIQUE flavor and you never have to worry about washing it! (Like I have a hose for double apple, a hose for berry flavors, a hose fr coffee flavors, etc)

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
bakersfield38
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
There ya have it! Rock On with your Discounted Sahara Smoke Hookah
Don't forget they have hoses for like $3!
how useable are the $3 hoses in your experience? I was looking into buying some, but don't like the possibility of them already leaking, etc.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

We thought about getting some of those hoses for the place that introduced us to Hookahs. We were going to get them some washable hoses so that they could continue doing like they do but it wouldn't collect as much smoke flavor. Do they wash well in everyone's experience? Also we were thinking of getting a discount hookah for a friend of my wife's who is starting to get kind of excited about them. She has paid for our smokes or brews the last few times we went with her and we thought she might like to have one of her own. Question here is the minor problems they have would they require like soldering or just like hot glue gun/dremmel tool?

Do the discount stems purge? They appear to not have purge valves?

Last edited by Fezzik; December 12th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM
GuardianOfFreyj
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to GuardianOfFreyj Send a message via Yahoo to GuardianOfFreyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersfield38 View Post
how useable are the $3 hoses in your experience? I was looking into buying some, but don't like the possibility of them already leaking, etc.

I bought a discounted cobra hose for $3 from them, and I've bought 2 discounted synthetic hoses from them. I still don't know why the synthetics were discounted (maybe b/c a little bit of paint is coming off, and as for the cobra, there was a tiny spot where the glue had loosened and might be considered a leak.... if you plugged up one end and blew hard into the other. Honestly I never fixed that hole and it smokes wonderfully. When buying regular hoses I buy them discounted b/c they are cheap and just as good (paid full for my large velvet rope hose, but that's worth every penny)

As for if the discount stems purge well, it doesn't look that way b/c it's discount, but because of the style. I have the same style and it purges perfectly. I've had it two years, had to clean the ball once (It's inside the little hexagonal valve opposite the hose hole.

Last edited by GuardianOfFreyj; December 12th, 2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added the bottom response
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOfFreyj View Post

As for if the discount stems purge well, it doesn't look that way b/c it's discount, but because of the style. I have the same style and it purges perfectly. I've had it two years, had to clean the ball once (It's inside the little hexagonal valve opposite the hose hole.
I see. In the picture it doesn't have the hexagonal valve opposite the hose that was why I was wondering. If it does have it then Awesome.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook