Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

tangier enlighten me

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX
Default tangier enlighten me

all reviews are done with phunnels...

how does this smoke via ceramic bowl?
i'll buy the phunnel later with some leftover holiday cash.

Last edited by FusionX; December 9th, 2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: tangier enlighten me

I have heard it can be done but I wouldnt bet on it. The planets have to be perfectly aligned to smoke Tangiers and if you throw a monkey wrench into the equation like a "Standard Egyptian Bowl" you may just knock the alignment off so bad none of us will be able to smoke it All kidding aside though, I heard it can be done, just give it a try and experiment with different hole patterns and packing technique and you may stumble onto something.

Last edited by Dunkel; December 9th, 2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

it smokes fine in a normal bowl, the local lounge i goes to packs it in a normal bowl and ive never had as god of a session out of my phunnel with tangiers compared to the local place. acclimation is the biggest thing with tangiers, packing is not as huge of a deal.

i leave the center open in a standard bowl and pack it kinda firm around the side and leave a small gap below foil. poke holes like you do on a phunnel and go at it. smokes fine

-matt
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I sometimes do this. You just pack it about an inch over the rim, maybe a half inch, and then press it down. The phunnel just prolongs the life of the Tangiers tobacco and adds a slight bit of flavor. Smoke is generally the same.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

And it the phunnel keeps from getting melted shisha juice running down your pipe! =]]]]
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

If you sacrifice a small goat, you will be able to smoke in a regular bowl, just be sure to use a silver knife. If you don't have a small goat to sacrifice and silver knife then buy yourself a Vortex bowl, it will be cheaper on your wallet when it comes to packing it with tobacco. (It's smaller then the small phunnel)

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:36 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

honestly with tangiers i get very little juice running down when i use the mod bowl, maybe a drip or 2, no where near as much as with AF

-matt
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

And if you come back with questions of why it tastes like BBQ or harsh or whatever, be sure to do a search, there is a thread by Scoop with pictures ..

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
If you sacrifice a small goat, you will be able to smoke in a regular bowl, just be sure to use a silver knife.
If you do sacrifice a small goat please invite me to dinner. I loves me some goat meat. MMM MMM
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

with tangiers lucid you should be able to use any phunnel and not even worry about acclimation, however, i rally hate ceramic bowls, just get a clay egyptian, just about the same price, however I feel like the material is better.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

i was going to post a thread about some problems ive been having with tangiers.

ive been smoking it for years and its always been fine untill as of late (since i got my new hookah 42'' km)

i cannot get the heat down right or something its either burning or there is no smoke going on.

ive read countless threads especially a good one by scoop that helped but nothing. ive tried using smaller hoses ( currently use a razan) and ive tried different phunell bowls from the small to the large no difference. ive used 2 different coals all with the same effect massive coughing about 10 mins into the session. or just blowing air out.

anybody got any advice?

sorry to thread jack
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:12 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
with tangiers lucid you should be able to use any phunnel and not even worry about acclimation, however, i rally hate ceramic bowls, just get a clay egyptian, just about the same price, however I feel like the material is better.
psst john, the clay and ceramic bowls you speak of are all ceramics its just a matter of glazed or not glazed, once clay gets fired it transforms to ceramics

-matt
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Here we go again. No clay and ceramic are different in this context. Ceramic bowls refer to the thin mod type bowls that the material is usually white. Clay bowls refer to the brownish red looking thick bowls that are usually glazed brown.
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Just buy a bunch of standard Egyptian Bowls (cheap) .. and some standard tobacco .. people have been doing it this way for a long friggen time! No need for gimmicks and goat sacrifices! Geez is it really worth the trouble? From my experiences it isn't .. but that is just my opinion.

LOL! What the hell do you think they smoke in the middle east? An Egyptian Pipe, Standard Bowl, Standard Tobacco .. works for them and has for, like I said, a looonnnggg friggen time!

As for the bowl discussion ..
And for bowls, I like the unglazed bowls .. My favorite is the Saudi Bowl that Hookah Company sells. BUT if I use one with glaze on it, I will preferably use the Vortex from SaharaSmoke.com

You can easily use the Vortex bowl for smoking tangiers. Plus it is a little smaller then the small phunnel so you can save yourself some tobacco.

You can use a standard Egyptian bowl .. just poke lots of holes deep in the tobacco and down through the holes in the bottom of the bowl.

But for some helpful advice, please check out scoops excellent thread!
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4073

Old December 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

There are so many Tangiers help threads that I'm not even going to reply with an answer.

But OP, you should be a phunnel. Or a Vortex apparently (Get a Phunnel).
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Remember, the phunnel bowl isnt really that special, that why I know it can work in the egpytian bowls i have to the ceramics. I tried with all, but tangiers still isnt my bag, it burns quite hot, and for someone w/ acute asthma thats not fun.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I think the phunnel is extremely special and I treat it with the utmost respect at all times. It's lovely and hand-made and made with love just for me!! I would love it more than my own child if I had one.

It can't do shyt for Nakhla though. That has to be smoked with an egyptian bowl for sure.
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:30 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i take that most of that was in jest, i hope it was at least.

but I use my phunnel still, just cause, but to me its not really much different than my other bowls, lets see if the new scalli may change my mind

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook