Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Adding legal herbs to shisha?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 30th, 2008, 02:47 PM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

Default Adding legal herbs to shisha?

Anyone ever try something like:

http://www.smokehookah.info/blueberry.htm

or

http://www.smokehookah.info/maui.htm

Sounds interesting. Are those buds safe?
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Adding legal herbs to shisha?

I've heard those are just a big waste of money and give you a headache. I'm not sure if that would be breaking the rules since they are legal herbs and all, but still. I wouldn't try putting anything else in my hookah besides tobacco and shisha designed for hookah use.
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

i wouldnt smoke it! it is more harmful to smoke other things, than tobacco ...
you dont know, if there are any dangerous ingredients. smoke your hookah with tobacco ...
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:27 PM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

Anything ever turn up with this stuff?

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...ghlight=salvia
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:33 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

i have something to contribute but am not sure if it is ban worthy.... the last time i was banned for 4 or 5 days and i almost lost it. HP has become part of my routine and feels funny going without it.
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:20 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ironic, i was thinking about this the other day randomly.

native americans smoked many other legal things other than tobacco (from my understanding before any white men came the tobacco that was here naturally was way to potent to smoke). but know they smoked bearberry leaves but im not sure what else.

upon some quick research it looks like the tobacco that was smoked by the settlers was a cross breed of the harsh native stuff and something else, and it looks like they also smoked red willow bark (supposedly it is like tobacco some how, but you dont need to be 18 to get it so idk... but i have some that is pretty old but its been sealed so i may try it)

heres a link to kinnikinnik (the native blend of herbs and tobacco) or at least one mix of it. may be interesting to experiment with trying to use some of the same herbs in shisha to give some new flavors

-matt
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:48 AM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

I'd be willing to try it.
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:02 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

...... legal XXXXX

cmon... banhammers

Last edited by Huskysibe; December 31st, 2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: We dont use banhammers, they are gay
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:09 AM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

It can't be that bad if it's legal.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:27 AM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

Not really looking for a XXXX but maybe just a different feeling from the usual buzz from shisha

Last edited by Huskysibe; December 31st, 2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 09:32 AM
shisha fan
Hookah Newbie

don`t waste your money/time, that stuff doesn`t work.
Old December 31st, 2008, 10:50 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

If you really wanna know, those "legal" products are all compressed herbs such as wild dagga, skullcap, calea zacatechichi, wild lettuce, poppy flowers, avena sativa...etc, all of which will just give you a mild relaxing feeling. They can also be bought in large quantities very cheap, so those "legal" companies are just ripping you off.

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:57 AM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckngld760 View Post
It can't be that bad if it's legal.
one word for you bro.
Cigarettes.
Old December 31st, 2008, 11:00 AM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
They can also be bought in large quantities very cheap, so those "legal" companies are just ripping you off.

From where?
Old December 31st, 2008, 11:17 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

ebay is a good place to look. I used to use various herbs to induce lucid dreaming and also to de-stress. Take Kava Kava for instance. This is ground up root from a plant. When you soak it in water for however long and drink it, it'll relax the hell out of you. They sell this in pill form at vitamin stores in the sleep aid section as well as other natural relaxation inducing products. There is nothing bad about these plants and herbs, they shouldn't even be combined with the word "legal". It's just a normal everyday plant. google "calea zacatechichi" and you'll find 2 large sites that sell a ton of different shamanistic and meditative herbs, flowers, roots, extracts and whatnot.

Old December 31st, 2008, 11:28 AM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

Sweet, thanks for the info man
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

if i wanna get a legal relaxation, ill just take a couple j bombs and then smoke nakhla when i'm feelin nice.... this will cause me to sink into my seat for a couple minutes
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:19 PM
xavier
Hookah Nut

for now i'll just have to get used to the buzz of some moassel before i start to add different plants and roots to the tobacco.
Old December 31st, 2008, 03:23 PM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4g3dSkillz View Post
if i wanna get a legal relaxation, ill just take a couple j bombs and then smoke nakhla when i'm feelin nice.... this will cause me to sink into my seat for a couple minutes

So that jager bombs?

So thats jager + red bull = relaxation?

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
ironic, i was thinking about this the other day randomly.

native americans smoked many other legal things other than tobacco (from my understanding before any white men came the tobacco that was here naturally was way to potent to smoke). but know they smoked bearberry leaves but im not sure what else.

upon some quick research it looks like the tobacco that was smoked by the settlers was a cross breed of the harsh native stuff and something else, and it looks like they also smoked red willow bark (supposedly it is like tobacco some how, but you dont need to be 18 to get it so idk... but i have some that is pretty old but its been sealed so i may try it)

heres a link to kinnikinnik (the native blend of herbs and tobacco) or at least one mix of it. may be interesting to experiment with trying to use some of the same herbs in shisha to give some new flavors

-matt
I don't get the term "native American" being used to refer to the aboriginal/Amerindian people of North America. They self identified as members of tribes rather then nation states (a European concept institutionalized with the Treaty of Westphalia in 1648) and certainly did not refer to themselves as Americans prior to European colonization.

It should also be noted that Occidental man was present in North America long before Christopher Columbus and arguably pre-dated the aboriginal/Amerindian populations.

A native American is anyone that is a natural born citizen of the U.S.A. Defining a "native American" in aboriginal/Amerindian terms is basically a way to delegitimatize Occidental Americans and the culture they built and advance an anti-Occidental agenda.

The early history of tobacco cultivation is far to complicated to get into here but I do want to get back onto topic about adding herbs (legal or otherwise) to a narghile.

First, we should keep in mind that a great deal of perfect legal herbs are in fact highly dangerous (even fatal) and the fact that such herbs have been consumed historically does not mean it's a safe thing to do. I recreate historical ales and a great deal of what was once used in ales of old are toxic so if you are not a genuine expert on the pharmacology of the herb in question don't consume it.

Almost as serious is that I really think that the head shops peddling various "legal highs" should not be a topic of conversation on a forum like this one. I say so because I seems it will give people the idea that our hobby involves smoking intoxicants which simply increases the likelihood of being stigmatized even more then we currently are. I also don't think we should allow links to places that sell smokable intoxicants.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; December 31st, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:03 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

^^ correct with all the history and the native american definition by exacts but the group of people refer to them selves that way and/or as indians, and pretty much if you say native american you will have some one thinking of an indian.

for the most part the thing i linked to would be used by plains tribes like lakota, crow, navajo, etc

from what i am told though from a friend that has used red willow bark it is supposed to also be able to work like aspirin by smoking it, he said when he has had head aches he smoked it and it worked to relieve them but also some times basically made him really sleepy

-matt
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:05 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcgrawj View Post
So that jager bombs?

So thats jager + red bull = relaxation?

jager bombs get me all hyper lol
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:46 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

jaeger bombs == no class.

cabernet franc and hookah rules, espically with a spicy flavour
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:48 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am an advocate of herbs such as these. The answer is do not look into it if you are looking for an effect similar or on the level of anything illegal. That is not what they are for and not something I am down with any way. Flavor and relaxation are the only reason to have anything to do with it. As stated some herbs are not safe for consumption of any kind. Do a lot of research and think about flavor before anything else.

Tobacco is just another plant and anything smoked or steeped in tea should be treated with the same respect we give our favorite smokeable (tobacco). Smoking is bad for you regardless of what it is.

As a side note the native american tobacco plant was an extremely strong smoke that was used in the peace pipes and supposedly is so high in nicotine that it induces an altered state. very dangerous and only used in ritual.

Traditional herb smoking adds range and complexity to the hobby that a lot of people never venture into.

Hajo I agree. The term native american is very inaccurate but it's the most commonly used because it's often too hard to be accurate about tribes or groups that people belong to. I find it easier to describe myself as having nate american blood rather than trying to explain that my ancestors were Iroquois and more specifically Mohawk. It just takes to long to explain. I appreciate that there are people that still take interest in being accurate and respectful of others though. So thank you.
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:52 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Nicotina rustica is the actual name for that type of tobacco. I have never gone near it or decided to deal with it. Apparently it can give you a nicotine overdose just from handling the fresh leaves.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook