Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Consultation of Next Hookah Purchase

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

Default Consultation of Next Hookah Purchase

Hey guys and gals...
I'm perplexed at the moment. I am in need of a new hookah, not because of any issues with my current selection, just more of a desire. I currently don't own a KM, and am thinking it is about time to pick one up (CH I'm looking at you...lol) I'm just not sure which model would be ideal.

I love getting huge clouds, but of course flavor is most important. That being said, I would love to hear of your suggestions, I was told the KM Chiller is great, as well as a Tri-Metal, but with out the ability to smoke from one, or even check one out in person, I'm at a loss, which is why I went to the all trusting community for an answer!

So feel free to voice your opinion on your favorite model, KM or not, it'll be of substantial help to me for deciding!

Thanks again everyone!

Rob
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89
Default Re: Consultation of Next Hookah Purchase

they will smoke the same so its about the look and which one u like more
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
jpra51
Hookah Newbie

Don't forget to get a good hose. My first hookah came with a cheap one and rusted inside and there was a lot of buildup of crap in there. Even after cleaning it a bunch of times I could still taste it just breathing through it when it wasn't even connected to my hookah. Of course cleaning probably helped accelerate the rust in there too.

My second hookah is a KM M3 Isis (trimetal). And the hose it came with seems pretty good, but I just got it so have no idea how long it will last, but I haven't read anything bad about them either. What I like about KM and other egyptian hookahs is that it uses its own welded port for the hose connection as opposed to a threaded fitting which usually has a small opening. So it's easier to breathe in the shisha smoke without making your lungs work to hard (it's just like breathing), so it's a more relaxing smoking session. Also you can always just throw ice in the vase if you don't go with the chiller.

As said already, the hookah itself won't make the shisha taste better. What you are really buying is the build/construction/quality and the aesthetic elements to it. I could get huge clouds out of my 13" hookah. It's just how you pack the bowl and coal management that's involved in that one.

I just got the KM just to say I got a KM..haha. Bad reason maybe, but I don't regret it. I'm just hoping their reputation for quality continues.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

All i can say is i love my KM its great for big clouds and the hose it came with is great IMO ive had problems with my new Saultan hose and it had been used 3 times before it fell apart but i think any km you pick will proably smoke great.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The hookah matters more for texture of smoke and the quality of draw. The flavor really comes down to packing, the bowl and of course the tobacco. It really comes down to personal preference on looks. There are some beautiful KMs over with John right now so I support the decision to go to john for this purchase.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Divine
Hookah Nut

I switched from a KM hose to a Razan, and I'm loving every minute of the decision.

The major difference between the two for me was in the weight. I get nervous passing around a heavy hose because a 40" tall hookah easily falls over. KM's hose to hookah section was much heavier and threw the balance of my hookah off.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:40 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

I currently use a Razan hose, and I have several phunnel bowls, just recently got a large one, which smokes like a gem...

It was mostly the texture I was curious about. I don't remember where I heard it, but it seems to stick out in my mind that I was told there were a few lower quality KMs to watch out for, and I was unsure of which...

I was also curious about how effective the Ice Chamber is...I seem to have plenty of cool smoke even with little ice at times (though it is winter), and was just wondering if it is something worth buying, or just more of a novelty?
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

The Ice Chamber may or may not do something, but you will not notice it. The smoke is generally cool anyway, so a 1-2 degree difference will go unnoticed.

Ice Chamber KMs look pretty cool though.

I would recommend getting one of the KM models that have brass on the stem, because it usually means they are sturdier and in my experience, much less likely to have leaks in the stem in various places. The hearts are usually solid unlike the standard stainless KM models, and the hose ports may be brass, like the KM Dual-Tone.

Your good on hoses and bowls it seems.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
ArtemK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ArtemK

You know, if you want something special, i guess, it would be an interesting alternative to go to a local blacksmith or other craftsman, and make your own hookah... You will probably get a high quality unique and expensive hookah, youll enjoy until the dawn of the hookah culture ))))
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

haha...that's a thought.
I've often contemplated crafting my own...I am quite handy with oxy-A welding torch...

hmm...I think I'll be placing an order for the dual-tone. Sounds like a wise purchase! I thank you all!
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

all KM smoke the same its all about how much you want to spend i like the ice KM just because it cools your smoke
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:08 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince of hooka View Post
all KM smoke the same its all about how much you want to spend i like the ice KM just because it cools your smoke
But not all KM hookahs are the same build quality, and it's better to go for the gold, since the gold only costs 10-20 bucks more.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvshero View Post
haha...that's a thought.
I've often contemplated crafting my own...I am quite handy with oxy-A welding torch...

hmm...I think I'll be placing an order for the dual-tone. Sounds like a wise purchase! I thank you all!
Excellent choice, I have a double copper dual tone myself, and it's wonderful! When you purchase from **********/CH, the hose port is brass instead of stainless like other websites (why, i dunno, but it's a definite plus that i noticed with my careful eye).
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:17 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

yeah I'm just blown away buy his customer service, CH is my destination for all shisha / Hookah / Hose / etc.. needs now!
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am a big fan of good quality Syrian hookahs like nour. You can get a stainless steel hookah in the Syrian style and I am fairly sure that nour makes some stainless steel as well. I love my traditional brass Syrian but I often suggest the stainless because it requires less maintainence.

They smoke beautifully and look amazing. They are sturdily built and usually fall into the medium catagory of hookahs. If you want height and size in your hookah more than anything else then KM is your company. Personally I take the classic style of the Syrians and the reasonable sizes over height any day. but then I move my hookahs around a lot.
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
pharm
Hookah Nut

aside from getting a km you would also need a phunnel bowl, if you do not already own one. With my km all i have used are my phunnel bowls and CH nats, my amoura smokes like a champ
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

If you go to a hookah lounge check if they have any KM's. I know most hookah lounges use commercial KM's. I highly recommend one, they all smoke the same so base your decision off looks and design. I have a 36 inch chiller and I was looking to get something bigger but after cleaning this one out, I don't want a bigger one. Unlike Mya's the stem is all one piece and is a pain in the ass to clean. Hope this helps and you can see pictures of my KM here: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8691
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:09 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
If you go to a hookah lounge check if they have any KM's. I know most hookah lounges use commercial KM's. I highly recommend one, they all smoke the same so base your decision off looks and design. I have a 36 inch chiller and I was looking to get something bigger but after cleaning this one out, I don't want a bigger one. Unlike Mya's the stem is all one piece and is a pain in the ass to clean. Hope this helps and you can see pictures of my KM here: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8691
Oh man cleaning out km's is like the easiest thing ever. All you do is scrub the very smooth inner core with a brush with some lemon juice and baking soda and BAM good as new! Myas never really get completely clean.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Yea but its a lot easier to handle. I don't have a very big sink and before I know it theres water all over my floor.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook