Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I hate smoking at other peoples places...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default I hate smoking at other peoples places...

so yeah, last night I went to a party and noticed a MYA QT sitting in the corner. I asked its owner if we could smoke it and she said sure, and began to set it up. I sat there and watched....first thing she did was pack the bowl with El Basha strawberry from a plastic tub. Do they even make it in plastic tubs? anyway, the bowl was packed like a good half inch over the rim....ugh. Then, I see her with a piece of foil poking monster holes with a BBQ sqewer, and then she foils it, terribly loose. Me being semi-inebriated yet still hookah sober just sat there and watched. I knew I wouldn't smoke it so I was just grinning thinking of how everyone else around me will enjoy the lovely smoke. So, then she pulls out a 40mm QL, lights it on the bowl, and there I proceed to walk away LOL. I usually try to help people out but the last time I did, they got really offended. you'd think they'd say "hmmm...this tastes like garbage, maybe we're doing something wrong". time to set up my KM and enjoy a real smoke

Old January 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: I hate smoking at other peoples places...

Well you know what they say MrB, not everyone can march in the parade, someone has to stand on the curb and cheer! LOL
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:53 AM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

I finally gave the tard at a local lounge a lesson on set up and its funny how people dont educate them self about there own hobbies or buisness. o well I just smile and know when i get home im gonna enjoy hookah smoking at its finest. I actually unpacked my bowl infront of the owner of a local lounge and repacked it and made correct hole pattern in some foil i ran out to my car and got and he was so pissed untill he saw the clouds and tasted my bowl and now he does it my way and has told me since his customers do allot less bitching. So i feel your pain at first i thought he was going to kick me out so now i just smile knod and mind my own buisness.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

haha everyone always gets offended when you try to help them out. I have only had 1 person not get offended, and they became my hookah apprentice in a way . But everyone else tells you all this bull that you have to correct which makes them feel like idiots to their peers so they get immediately defensive, then offensive, and then they smoke out of my KM and STFU immediately.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowtoy View Post
I finally gave the tard at a local lounge a lesson on set up and its funny how people dont educate them self about there own hobbies or buisness. o well I just smile and know when i get home im gonna enjoy hookah smoking at its finest. I actually unpacked my bowl infront of the owner of a local lounge and repacked it and made correct hole pattern in some foil i ran out to my car and got and he was so pissed untill he saw the clouds and tasted my bowl and now he does it my way and has told me since his customers do allot less bitching. So i feel your pain at first i thought he was going to kick me out so now i just smile knod and mind my own buisness.
lol at tard.
you should charge him for that valuable info, after all you got it through tons of your on trial and error and the info you picked up here I assume. He should have you in training his staff and you getting free hookah everytime
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:22 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

MrB, I too only like when I set up my own rig myself. When I go to the extended family members houses they want me to set up, but usually their equipment is a bit crap imo, small old bowls, old mya hoses that needed to be replaced last year etc. sometimes when i get there and they are already setup i do see that theyve done the huge hole poke thing too. oh, and a pet peeve, a chinese ceramic bowl that comes with chinese hookahs on a decent egyptian hookah.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Slay them! Slay them all!!
I have plenty of friends that smoke and not only am I happy to set them up, but they often insist upon it. There's nothing worse than watching someone butcher what would otherwise be a pleasant smoking experience.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

ok, i'm comin over later, i trust youll take care of me!
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

you bring the Arak!
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
ArtemK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ArtemK

at parties and big ocassions, i prefer to set up the hookah, without anyone seeing me do it, so none would be bitchin bout me packing the bowl tith my right thumb and right index finger and not left thumb, left index and midle fingers... And since I like big fluffy clouds and PURE FLAVOR in those clouds, i set he hookah up so that i miself can enjo it... In the end everyone is happy... ))) So I guess, just dont' make hookah, while ppl are watching )))
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:13 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

I am in the opposite boat rowing the other way... My house has become the resident hookah lounge... I converted my office into a mini-lounge already, I'll post about it soon...and so people just seem to swarm... Then they proceed to tell me how to pack the bowl, how to foil it, how much water or mix in the vase, how many coals, etc...

It became so bad that I have created a list of RULES:

1) Hookah etiquette is inforced (which hand to pass with, don't point the hose..etc..)
2) Must bring a 50gm flavor pack to smoke with...(I was quickly running out of shisha...every week, now I am over supplied)
3) Only I may adjust / ash / rotate coals / setup hookah with NO BITCHING...lol
4) For godsake realize my hose's aren't 10 feet long...you burn it you buy it (carpet)
5) NO DANCING AROUND THE HOOKAH

now things are great and smooth...everyone loves the smoke and the environment is much more calm...

Old January 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

LOL Mr. B! I saw a lady on Youtube prepare her smoke exactly like how you say. She was just starting out with a little pumpkin hookah and the foil was incredibly loose, holes were too big, and the coal she lit directly on top of the bowl. If someone was to prepare my hookah, I'd be very skeptical unless I KNEW they were doing a good job of it. To me, there should be no one to prepare you a smoke except for yourself because it's all personal preference. That would be like if I asked my mother to adjust the seat of my car for me. It just doesn't work like that. You should have asked her questions but don't be so obvious to say "Ok you clearly don't know what you're doing" even though I'm sure you wanted to. Simply say to her, "You've been smoking for quite a while? I notice your set up is different from mine" and so on and so on. That way she will be interested to see how you prepare your smokes and she can learn
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:17 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Slay them! Slay them all!!
I have plenty of friends that smoke and not only am I happy to set them up, but they often insist upon it. There's nothing worse than watching someone butcher what would otherwise be a pleasant smoking experience.
ME to i take my own rig with me and my coals shisha foil, the whole set up so no one complains and if they do they can smoke someone else hookah.
And most of the time they want me to set it up anyway

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; January 4th, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvshero View Post
I am in the opposite boat rowing the other way... My house has become the resident hookah lounge... I converted my office into a mini-lounge already, I'll post about it soon...and so people just seem to swarm... Then they proceed to tell me how to pack the bowl, how to foil it, how much water or mix in the vase, how many coals, etc...

It became so bad that I have created a list of RULES:

1) Hookah etiquette is inforced (which hand to pass with, don't point the hose..etc..)
2) Must bring a 50gm flavor pack to smoke with...(I was quickly running out of shisha...every week, now I am over supplied)
3) Only I may adjust / ash / rotate coals / setup hookah with NO BITCHING...lol
4) For godsake realize my hose's aren't 10 feet long...you burn it you buy it (carpet)
5) NO DANCING AROUND THE HOOKAH

now things are great and smooth...everyone loves the smoke and the environment is much more calm...

Good idea, i should make something like this for my basement, not cause people bitch, but I think proper etiquette is respectful to the culture and it helps people become more informed, possibly breaking down the barriers that hookahs are only used for illegal substances.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:20 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

being the graphic artist I am I even went the extra step and made a 11 inch by 14 inch high gloss printed "aged" looking rule list...it's pretty damn epic. The home hookah lounge is being written up right now so keep an eye out!
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:21 PM
colinrgodsey
Hookah Newbie

usually when im in that situation and im drunk, i usually do end up offending someone, lol. but i guess thats my drunken nature
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinrgodsey View Post
usually when im in that situation and im drunk, i usually do end up offending someone, lol. but i guess thats my drunken nature
Lol, at least your not like my brother...We were at a friends party and i brought my hookah, he was piss drunk and ended up punching some girl in the boob with brass knuckles. She was a bitch tho, but still..
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I casually suggest, if they do not know what to do, try to help them out still. When people smoke harsh smoke and get used to it, its gonna really be worse for their lungs, far more irritation, probably an increased risk of cancer there.....You should try to save their life.

Seriously though, I'll say it frankly but I'll try to avoid the condescending tone, more like a oh, hey, you should use a little less tobacco so you dont burn it, and hey the holes should be smaller, and the foil might need to be a little tighter....

etc etc.

as for el basha, youre fucked on that one

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:36 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Lol, at least your not like my brother...We were at a friends party and i brought my hookah, he was piss drunk and ended up punching some girl in the boob with brass knuckles. She was a bitch tho, but still..
sorry sir, i'll have to decline any future invitations to social events from you, hope you understand
that must have been interesting, i'll have to use that move on the wife next time she gets out of hand
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

hahaha that is too perfect! brass knuckles huh? crazy times!
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I haven't had the sort problem you guys are talking about happen to often. Even when I was in the states most people that I knew that had a narghile knew how to use it and a lot of my friend s knew more about it then I do.

Here I usually let people set up their own rigs when when they come over to smoke. Outside of the Turkmen owned shisha cafe in the city I don't go out to smoke. The good thing is that my friends are willing to drive out into the middle of nowhere to eat, drink and smoke with me.
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:59 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

This is a good topic... I have found that not many people can make a good hookah (esp when drunk) although I am sure that 99% of people on this forum can lol. But anyway my friend has a hookah that I gave him for christmas and I swear the kid screws it up every single time and I honestly dont know how... I went over his house the other day cuz he says I work too much and I never hang out or some shit lol so he made a pipe brought it in and I was like... do u ever clean ur hookah lol.... and mind you the kid has a washable hose and whatnot... and ofcourse he overpacked the bowl so burn my throat out lol and the flavor was s'post to be AF Orange but to say the least it wasnt... so I will smoke at home or my lounge from now on lol OR I will bring my rig and set it up myself.
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:18 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

thats why im glad my friends have just started having me set up hookahs if i ever go over.

i smoke at my friends place if im around home since my rents dont want me smoking in the house and he can set up a hookah ok, still trying to educate him and his roommate on coals and some other stuff but i at least got them to use CH natural coals now and to clean his rig a little more frequently (but its still a little weird).

from now on when people say they are going to be smoking hookah im just going to start offering or just bring my stuff (having my small mya helps with bringing everything)

-matt
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am the resident hookah man in my group of friends. I was introduced by one of my buddies but it did not take long for me to have more info and better gera/tobacco than he did. He was stuck on Romman and never really ventured out of that brand... poor bastard.

Anycrap, I always wondered if the people at a lounge would get upset or skeptical if I showed up with my own razan or nammor. What do you guys think?
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I am the resident hookah man in my group of friends. I was introduced by one of my buddies but it did not take long for me to have more info and better gera/tobacco than he did. He was stuck on Romman and never really ventured out of that brand... poor bastard.

Anycrap, I always wondered if the people at a lounge would get upset or skeptical if I showed up with my own razan or nammor. What do you guys think?
I used to bring my nammor all the time when I went to the lounge. they didn't mind.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook