Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

how to not be a hookah newbie any more

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
matt_attack757
Hookah Nut

Default how to not be a hookah newbie any more

how do i get to the next step in the hookah ranks lol
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
skatefree2k
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to skatefree2k
Default Re: how to not be a hookah newbie any more

i hope you move up once you post a lot of stuff. every post i read through and add my 2cents too i normaly learn stuff as well.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Post count, so start posting!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

I think it is 100 posts. then it sort of slows down from there. THough I think there have been some adjustments made to the system.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Buy a KM and smoke Nakhla DA .... also, don't forget to use ******* charcoal and KM leather hose ... if you continue to smoke starbuzz, u will be a hookah newbie .. LOL
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Buy a KM and smoke Nakhla DA .... also, don't forget to use ******* charcoal and KM leather hose ... if you continue to smoke starbuzz, u will be a hookah newbie .. LOL
This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that you are hookah newbie right up until you get a phunnel or Vortex bowl and a Razan or Nammor hose and start smoking ******* coals on your KM or Nour. And we all know AL Fakher became the stand by for a while but to not be a noob you have to switch back to Nakhla and pick up random other flavors especially plain or pipe flavors.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

LOL I just switched back to Nakhla and almost picked up ******* hookah natty's from my local shop, I can't believe he sells them.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

[quote=Fezzik;115105]This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that you are hookah newbie right up until you get a phunnel quote]

I strongly disagree. I believe you are a noob when you use a phunnel. The phunnel is just a waste of shisha (small holds 4 times what my regular bowl holds) and it just makes the heat managment a bit easier to the epxense of smoke thickness.
The (may i say) "professional" way is a small egyptian bowl, bulk coal, and a hose with good draw. the way it has been done for the last century in the middle east and believe me it works better than anything on honeyed or glycerin moassel. Or a jurak bowl if you like the raw tobacco taste (for jurak and blackstyle moassel)
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Bojangles
Hookah Nut

Somehow I knew shishaholic was going to jump in on this thread....with your ungodly long sessions and shisha conservation.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

By focusing more on enjoying your hobby within monatary limits the way you like it instead of caring about internet credibility
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

[quote=shishaholiC;115146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that you are hookah newbie right up until you get a phunnel quote]

I strongly disagree. I believe you are a noob when you use a phunnel. The phunnel is just a waste of shisha (small holds 4 times what my regular bowl holds) and it just makes the heat managment a bit easier to the epxense of smoke thickness.
The (may i say) "professional" way is a small egyptian bowl, bulk coal, and a hose with good draw. the way it has been done for the last century in the middle east and believe me it works better than anything on honeyed or glycerin moassel. Or a jurak bowl if you like the raw tobacco taste (for jurak and blackstyle moassel)

Hi, I am Chris I am new here and all but.... Hey wait you should have seen the sarcasm dripping from my comments from a mile a way.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
dragginskulls
Hookah Newbie

Omg some of this is apparently joking but anyone who says someone is a "noob" cuz they use certain products is completely asanine. Post count will change status on the site. But for the rest of the conversation... the truth is that no matter what setup you have, learn to relax and keep your sessions as enjoyable as possible. Whether its clouds or taste, km or chinese ebay hookah, make the most of it and enjoy yourself. Learn to brush off the "this is the only way blablahblah" comments and do it your way. Have fun guys and smoke up. Your way.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Don't think about it. Just post normally and prove yourself through information and pleasant conversation.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

is it true that once you hit 1000 posts, you get admitted to the hookahpro.com secret society? where all the top posters meet up somewhere in black robes and smoke hookah?

((i think fezzik's right, that you move up a level at 100-ish posts))

+1 to kalutika. It's like, when you're sitting at work REALLY bored and all you focus on is the time, then your shift goes from 8 hours to seemingly 16 hours. but if you don't think about it, it's over before you know it. Similar to the post count. Just get engaged in posting in threads and before you know it, you'll have a substantial post count
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Good to see there are a few people here that don't hold to the "you aren't smoking Hookah if you aren't smoking a KM carved straight from a Martian meteor" philosophy. I have, however, been meaning to ask when the terms changed. I was a Hookah Guru before Christmas but somewhere in there I got bumped back down to Hookah Pro. I think I have to hit 1000 before I get back to where I was. What is up with that?

As to when do you stop being a Hookah Newbie in real life, I think that comes when you pack a bowl of your favorite Shisha and sit down to watch a movie or just chill with friends. Basically when smoking the Hookah is more about the experience and less about worrying about every move you make. can you relax while you smoke or are you obsessed with how it smokes or getting the right equipment or blowing rings or whatever craziness is out there or do you just like to sit down and smoke a bowl.

The right equipment is different for everyone. I have to buy more of a certain hose now cause I only have one of it and my wife prefers it. LOL. We have 5 hoses but when she sets us up she only uses the one. All I am saying is everyone gets their preferences and they develop along the way. When you find some of your own and have a plan when you set up for what you want to set up and then don't worry about what you are doing while you do it just enjoy. Then you are no longer a real life newb. That is a lot harder than changing status on a web forum.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
is it true that once you hit 1000 posts, you get admitted to the hookahpro.com secret society? where all the top posters meet up somewhere in black robes and smoke hookah?

((i think fezzik's right, that you move up a level at 100-ish posts))

+1 to kalutika. It's like, when you're sitting at work REALLY bored and all you focus on is the time, then your shift goes from 8 hours to seemingly 16 hours. but if you don't think about it, it's over before you know it. Similar to the post count. Just get engaged in posting in threads and before you know it, you'll have a substantial post count
No no nothing so noble as that. When you reach 1000 posts you become a Guru but the black robed secret society is a bought thing. I am sure hazing is a bitch but you don't have to prove yourself first just pay up. LOL.

Edit. Aparently Guru is just gone or something. You stop being a Newbie around 50 posts apparently.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Don't think about it. Just post normally and prove yourself through information and pleasant conversation.
True words of wisdom.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

It's not about your set up or what you smoke, or the coals you use, Just enjoy yourself, Hookah is about being social, relaxed, were you can share good conversation with good friends. Keep it real.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

posts posts posts posts posts... i know they changed it up a bit soo i dont know exactly at what post number your ranking changes. but posts will change it. but even though you might say hey thats a load of posts. each posts you make you are either learning sometihng or contributing something.. so its worth it.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:31 AM
matt_attack757
Hookah Nut

thanks man
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
matt_attack757
Hookah Nut

well its not being a noob its being new to the hookah world which i really like
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

It is not about quantity .. it is about quality. When you have good sessions .. you are in a good shape. it is not a rocket science .. it is all trial and error .. and you will never reach perfection .. that is for sure
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:58 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

[quote=shishaholiC;115146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
This is ridiculous. Everyone knows that you are hookah newbie right up until you get a phunnel quote]

Welcome to the New Age! This is time for Change... Yes we can... smoke a phunnel lol! just playing. It really does depend on what u like to smoke and how u like to smoke it tho...
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Am not saying that phunnels arent good. They are just not needed. I've said this many time before. All you need is an airtight hookah, a bowl, a hose with a good draw and some good quality tobacco. Hand-etched and solid brass hookah are just novelty. Its like buying an expensive car. When you enjoy riding a good car, good enjoy the craftmansship that has gone in to it too. Thats the value of a KM vs a generic
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
How did you find out about the secret society!?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook