Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Lounge

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Default Hookah Lounge

What do you look for in a hookah lounge? I'm looking to start one up within the next 2-3 months down in south florida, got a place located and everything just need some ideas. Perhaps things you haven't seen in a hookah bar that you want to see? I might partner with a restaurant and open a second location for them and make it a combination of good hookah and good food. Let me know, and try and make it detailed, none of the, "good hookah, or better packed bowls" Make it more detailed, how do you want it packed? and such...
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Hookah Lounge

with the new b.s. smoking laws that are going on in this country i would advise having your bar registered as a restaurant. you will lose your tobacco license and be screwed! There are 31 bars in the chicago area (chicago, north suburbs, and west suburbs). After January 1st there will only be 18 left with chicago's new law. Four of dhuwan's top competitors will no longer be serving hookah, and so many are just closing down, which isn't a bad thing for them considering they will get hella business!
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:45 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Already applied for the tobacco license, since I'm not joining with the restaurant yet, i'm not serving alchol, so I'm just going on that...I'm going to serve some food eithey way. but Tobacco license applications are in.
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:29 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznapsy
What do you look for in a hookah lounge? I'm looking to start one up within the next 2-3 months down in south florida, got a place located and everything just need some ideas. Perhaps things you haven't seen in a hookah bar that you want to see? I might partner with a restaurant and open a second location for them and make it a combination of good hookah and good food. Let me know, and try and make it detailed, none of the, "good hookah, or better packed bowls" Make it more detailed, how do you want it packed? and such...
Dude...are you the one I've been hearing about that's been serving up hookahs in south beach and passing around flyers Did you by any chance try to partner up with the Pelican? I've heard from a few sources that there is someone doing this at the beach already...you see, me and my friend came up with your same idea of partnering up with a restaraunt and renting hookahs from there, and then possibly expanding...and like I said, we had heard that there was already someone 2 steps ahead of us...lol, I just think that it's funny how small the world would be if in fact you were the one I found out that could potentially be our "competition".
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:44 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Nope, I'm not in miami, I am up in ft.lauderdale in-land, and I am jumping head first into my full whole lounge, not just starting out rentals...
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

oh...ok, lol, then never mind....Good Luck!
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Very nice to hear someone else in this forum is getting into the business. If you need any help with supplies, give me a holler....Im sure we can work something out.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook