Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

the perfect coal

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Default the perfect coal

I don't know if this has been brought up before but, because of my love for exoticas, these coals would be perfect if they came pre cut. I know there's the exotica easy lights which are already precut but I'm not a fan of the silver thing coating the coal. Exoticas for me are perfect in terms of heat and also taste. But it such a hassle to cut around 25 pieces of coals into 100 1/4 pieces and it's also kinda messy. Does anyone else think a precut box of exoticas would be amazing? Has anyone ever contacted the producer about this?
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: the perfect coal

there are great precut coals out there like ******* hookah and coconara coals (the former is all I use now)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM
realxfresh
Hookah Newbie

not to thread jack but i have coco's and i use the walgreens single coil burner and it always leaves black spots how do you guys put it on the coil?
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

dude, if you score the exoticas with a knife then they are way easier to break. make 3 cuts in 1 coal to make 4 pieces like this:

[___|___|___|___]
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
there are great precut coals out there like ******* hookah and coconara coals (the former is all I use now)
I've tried coconut coals but to me, and I'm not saying what I experience holds true to everyone, they kinda change the texture and taste of the smoke. What I mean is that I feel coconut coals make the smoke I guess heavier tasting and with exoticas I get crisp tasting smoke. But that's just me and my preference.
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:53 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by realxfresh View Post
not to thread jack but i have coco's and i use the walgreens single coil burner and it always leaves black spots how do you guys put it on the coil?
It wont affect the burner, but those things can be scrubbed with a moist sos pad

---

and if you truely love it then it wont stop you.

i find the shape of the square ones to be the main reason to use them, they slide less

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Dookiie
Hookah Nut

Scoring the Exoticas like that is probably the easiest way for right now. It'd probably take 5-7 minutes to break the whole box.
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:50 AM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

i don't even cut my exoticas just put a whole piece on and break up to the size i want with my tongs
this is probably just cause i am a lazy person!!
lol
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Part of what make Exotica's the best natural coal is that you can adjust the size of the coal you need. It takes like 2 minutes to score and break a coal into 4 pieces. I don't bother to cut the whole box up at once. I cut one coal into 4 pieces, when I run out of pieces I cut up another one. Coconut coals suck. They take too long to get fully red, they ash like sand, you have to flip them every 5-10 minutes or they start going out and taste awful, and they are expensive. Also 1 coconut coal is not enough for a standard egyptian clay bowl and 2 is too much heat.
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I have to agree with Dunkel .... one coconut coal is not enough and two coals will burn the shisha .. and it is impossible to break the coal ... I think I will try the exoticas.
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:45 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i disagree with both of you guys, I use 3-4 coconut coals per large egyptian bowl and medium phunnel bowl (no wind cover)
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i disagree with both of you guys, I use 3-4 coconut coals per large egyptian bowl and medium phunnel bowl (no wind cover)
The gospel according to John ? (Ba dum tish)

Yeah though, Im with John. I use 3 of his CH nats on a tangiers small phunnel and it works great. Though they do extinguish from time to time, but I think I just got a partially bum box.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook