Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why I love Tangiers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Why I love Tangiers

I do not see any thing wrong with Tangiers Tobacco. He doesn't use fake food colorings, if you call him he will tell you exactly how his product is made and what is put into it, aside from the trade secrets, and he will tell you, personally, exactly how to smoke it and get the full experience.

To me, smoking Tangiers adds the tobacco smoking value to hookah that smoking Cigars and Pipes already has. Here's what I mean:

You have to put in a bit of work to keep a cigar smoking it's best, and sometimes the stick has to be aged to bring out it's full potential, and aging can take from 6 months to 5 years, or longer; you have to get the humidor seasoned, then keep the humidity and temperature stable, and then light the cigar correctly and smoke it correctly.
With a pipe, you have to make sure the tobacco is at the right moisture level and the right size to pack, and then you have to pack it correctly and go through the lighting process! Pipe tobacco does not always need to be aged, but it doesn't hurt. Pipe smoking takes quite a bit of practice.

Tangiers has to be acclimated, adjusted to the relative humidity of the area you are smoking. It's flavor is very natural and strong, and always down pat. When you are smoking a tangiers flavor, you know exactly how it is supposed to taste; and that is exactly what it tastes like! You have to pack it correctly, and add the right amount of heat and get the right foil hole placement.

What I am trying to get across is that smoking Tangiers is just another process, just like in other types of Tobacco smoking, and when you get the process correct, you will have an unbeatable and extremely enjoyable smoking session! If you don't want the buzz, practice not inhaling, as you get more proficient you will still get the clouds most of you adore without the toppling, mind-numbing nicotine rush.

Don't bash a product for needing a process to be enjoyed, or because you can't handle smoking it. Tangiers, hand-in-hand wiht Nakhla, is the best tobacco product on the American market, and it is Made in America! Tangiers tobacco should get the respect it deserves, and smoking it is all based on the process! if you don't want to go through that process, don't, but keep your hateful remarks to yourself por favor.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: Why I love Tangiers

^_^ I really need to pick some up...
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

I concur Zen. Its been over 2 years for me of Tangiers lovin. Don't regret it ever.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
^_^ I really need to pick some up...
Yessir, you most definitely need to try it and see if you like it!

Damn, it feels like I'm selling this stuff.

Which I most definitely am not.

Even though i should.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Yessir, you most definitely need to try it and see if you like it!

Damn, it feels like I'm selling this stuff.

Which I most definitely am not.

Even though i should.
zen, give me 2-3 recomendations on flavors, i enjoy pretty much anything that is not floral...i like nutty/spicy/fruity/etc. just not floral.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

smoked it once at wonderlands hookah bar and most say it was one of the best smokes i have ever had
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I got some and failed first time, but i'll try again, i've seen peoples reviews on it and im not one to bash unless it is a really bad product and i dont believe for once that tangiers is

I think hookah smokers like putting effort into it, to get the right results, cos if they didnt they would just smoke ciggs or not wash they hookah etc
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

I just Picked up 750g of Tangiers, never smoked it before but super excited!!! I think everyone should try something once because everyone has different taste.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:18 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

would this be a good tobacco for someone just getting into hookah?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Never had tangiers before, but when i order my next round of coals and shisha, ill be sure to include 2 or 3 250g's. Im definitely getting Blue Gumball, but i cannot decide on the other two, anyone have some reccomendations?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

tangiers cocoa, mint, peach iced tea, blueberry, brambleberry, kashmir peach, kashmir cherry, Hawaiian punch (it may not be out yet though), orange soda, pear, passionfruit, bunch of other flavors are good
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttennis31590 View Post
would this be a good tobacco for someone just getting into hookah?
probably not, i haven't smoked it, but because there is prep involved, it is best to keep it simple with novices. it is probably amazing, but i think there are a few baby steps that need to be taken along the way.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I don't like it at all, In my opinion I think it is absolutely the most overrated, and one of the worst smokes I have ever had! EVER! I really should start reviewing it soon ... If I keep seeing these posts, I just might just start doing some reviews. Put my opinion out there!? Actually, I think I may start working on them, I got some flavors at home I have acclimated for days with no chance of getting any real flavor or smell out of them, I'll start with reviewing them! Mmm BBQ goodness!

But hey maybe it is me?? Its gotta be me? I guess I just don't know how to smoke hookah!? Ummm No, that's not it! Maybe it is this tobacco that is the problem .. and people continue to make excuses for it. "You've gotta acclimate longer, you need more this, less that, you need a special bowl and lots of tobacco overflowing it!" The planets and stars all have to align perfectly to smoke it, and I just don't have that kinda time to waste .. or money on a special bowl with huge amounts of tobacco! haha great marketing idea though!

And frankly I am sick and tired of the "promises" that it is a good smoke .. IT DOES NOT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE! .. again, just my opinion!

HYPE Definition:
[LIST=1][*] Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion:[*] Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material:[*] An advertising or promotional ploy:[*] Something deliberately misleading; a deception:[/LIST]Sorry guys, I like ya and all, but I am definitely gonna express my opinion on this one .. tired of seeing the same posts concerning this tobacco ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!

Last edited by Sambooka; February 2nd, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
tangiers cocoa, mint, peach iced tea, blueberry, brambleberry, kashmir peach, kashmir cherry, Hawaiian punch (it may not be out yet though), orange soda, pear, passionfruit, bunch of other flavors are good
Yes all of these i would recommend.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
mitchard
Banned

Sam, you were doing something wrong. With the exception of Red Tea, I have loved every single Tangiers flavor I have tried. After a few mistakes, I got it down and I haven't looked back since. Its by the the fullest, thickest, most flavorful smoke I have ever had.

Yes, the tobacco itself is super picky. Heat management is a bitch, and learning to pack it correctly is a pain. But once you get it down, nothing compares. Smoking is more than just a quick little thing I like to do. Its a hobby I really enjoy, and if it takes a little bit more effort to make it the best it can be, I am happy to do so without complaining. I haven't found a single brand out there that smoke quite like Tangiers.

And oh yeah, recommendations:

Orange Soda (Spot on Fanta)
Blueberry (Subtle flavor, but perfect. Not overwhelming not other blueberry flavors I have had.)
Kashmir Peach (Very strong "floral" taste with peach undertones. I want to try K-Cherry a lot)
Schnozzberry (Hard to pin the actual flavor. Its great though)
Blue Gum Ball (Again, subtle flavor like the Blueberry. Definite taste of a blue gum ball though.)

I have Peach Iced Tea, Maraschino Cherry, and more Blueberry on the way. Excited

Last edited by mitchard; February 2nd, 2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

I love tangiers as well... I completely agree with zen. I dont like the bashing tangiers takes because of its not as "easy" as others. Even a fine wine needs to acclimate. If someone doesnt like it... simply dont smoke it. I myself dont care for some Nakhla but damn me if I was to say it. Hell.. I went and bought Nakhla DA because of all the "hype"... I thought it was bad... but did I accuse those of liking it that their "superior" product was bad, no...I simply thought well this just isnt my cup of tea. Nakhla and Tangiers is neither superior or inferior to eachother they are completely different. I respect Nakhla smokers as much as I respect tangiers. Smoke what you like.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I guess I should just change my title to "hookah n00b"

with all due respect .. I know about EVERY trick in the book to getting this right .. I've read them a 100 times here, and a million times at another site.

I've even smoked with a "self claimed" Expert! (someone that was a Tangiers worshiper) and I felt like asking him if his taste buds were intact?!? But I didn't want to be rude in his house .. I could sense a little flavor .. but nothing compared to what I get with Nakhla, Al Fakher, Starbuzz, Fusion, Hookah Freak, etc ..

Ya know, I could go on and on .. I am done .. this is exactly the problem, if someone says they don't like it, everybody tells them it is THEM!

It is frustrating .. maybe it has changed? But in my past experiences with it .. it was not my cup of tea. I am entitled to my opinion.

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
mitchard
Banned

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Everyone is. To each his own.

What flavors did you try, out of curiosity?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

I love this place!The ability to debate a type of shisha so vehemently without fear of persecution is without a doubt one of the best things about HookahPro! (not being sarcastic or anything, just being truthful)
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Lol... This is thread is terrible. I feel as tho I have to defend tangiers. I make my living basically on the sale of it. I have not had any upset customers since I added to the menu and my retail sales have increased dramatically since I started to sell the bowls and tobacco from tangiers. I sell out of my tobacco in 3 days of getting a shipment. Starbuzz, AF, Nakhla are all good... and I sell all of those in my lounge as well... nothing comes close to the sales of tangiers. Sorry, but in this matter I have to defend them. Dunkel is going to have a field day with this thread, sadly.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

i dunno, i just bought kiwi and peach iced tea, they're both great flavors(although, the kiwi did kind of had a bbq smell to begin with, but after acclimation it was fine, and smokes fine) and i have absolutely no problems with it. will buy more in the future
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

This is what I tried ..

Juicy Peach
Orange Soda
Watermelon
Blueberry
Kiwi
Vanilla ..

They all tasted and smelled like BBQ except for Blueberry and Orange Soda which had VERY FAINT flavor/smell to them compared to the usual brands I smoke ..

Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
mitchard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronSA View Post
i dunno, i just bought kiwi and peach iced tea, they're both great flavors
Happy to hear that. Out of what I ordered, the Peach Iced Tea is what i'm looking forward to the most.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
S4L
Hookah Nut

peach iced tea? sounds nasty lol.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4L View Post
peach iced tea? sounds nasty lol.