Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Education, no enlightenment!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 16th, 2009, 06:32 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Default Hookah Education, no enlightenment!

So, it all started with me looking for a tobacco shop in springfield ohio. Turns out there was one about a block away from my house. I go into the store, and start talking to the two girls behind the register, asking if they carried any shisha. They had no idea what I was talking about, and one of the girls became very interested in the subject. Like, she didn't know about a flavored tobacco and hookahs. I ended up going home, grabbing my hookah arsenal and returning to the shop, engaging them in conversation, showing them the different shisha I had. Explaining to them how a hookah worked, and how smoking the shisha was a really great experience. They were really interested in it haha, she wanted to buy my hookah off me right then. But I declined, and I told them about the forums, and all the different shisha products and labels. Told them about all the vendors I use to buy shisha(including Our very own John!). They seemed super interested in the products, and apparently one of them was a manager, she was interested in getting shisha into the tobacco shop as I began to mention how popular it was becoming.

Lesson of the story, talk about hookah with your locals, it's a great conversation starter and who knows, maybe your local tobacco shop will start carrying shisha too!
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Hookah Education, no enlightenment!

LOL, the same thing happened to me this weekend, me and my man had mentioned that they'd get alot more business if they carried shisha, so people wouldn't have to travel all the way to louisville to get their supply. And we went back and she had some Laylina!

OK so we ran down back home, got my hookah and lit up right in the shop, everyone who came in the shop was uber excited, so I made a list of all the shisha brands, hookah brands and coals and stuff, that would be a good idea for them to supply, I think I've taken meade County by a HOOKAH STORM!
lol
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

im so proud of you two
Old February 16th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I would love to tell this to some of my local store owners, but they prolly would tell me to fuck off. Perhaps that pita house down the road might be interested in carrying something other than havana shisha and starlight QL coals...
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Rafi18
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
So, it all started with me looking for a tobacco shop in springfield ohio. Turns out there was one about a block away from my house. I go into the store, and start talking to the two girls behind the register, asking if they carried any shisha. They had no idea what I was talking about, and one of the girls became very interested in the subject. Like, she didn't know about a flavored tobacco and hookahs. I ended up going home, grabbing my hookah arsenal and returning to the shop, engaging them in conversation, showing them the different shisha I had. Explaining to them how a hookah worked, and how smoking the shisha was a really great experience. They were really interested in it haha, she wanted to buy my hookah off me right then. But I declined, and I told them about the forums, and all the different shisha products and labels. Told them about all the vendors I use to buy shisha(including Our very own John!). They seemed super interested in the products, and apparently one of them was a manager, she was interested in getting shisha into the tobacco shop as I began to mention how popular it was becoming.

Lesson of the story, talk about hookah with your locals, it's a great conversation starter and who knows, maybe your local tobacco shop will start carrying shisha too!

bravo bravo, true master of the arts...and atracting women
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

I have gotten a few of the local shops to start carrying shisha. I go there to smoke every now and again. They like it when i smoke in the shop because it causes interest and advertising for them.
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
HookahFiend
Hookah Nut

My local shop sucks ass!! All they have in the form of shisha is like 3 boxes of Al Waha 50 g
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:20 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

you have inspired me i might just try this
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:24 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

yeah i got real dirty looks and was asked to leave my local shop when i mentioned shisha
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

What a noble story, spread the love man, spread the love (:
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:28 AM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

you'd be surprised what happens when you just talk to people. we've got 1 gas station in huntsville carrying nakhla and coconaras because my roommate and i struck up a conversation with them.
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:59 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0lic View Post
you'd be surprised what happens when you just talk to people. we've got 1 gas station in huntsville carrying nakhla and coconaras because my roommate and i struck up a conversation with them.
Similar thing happened to me at my local gas station. I asked him about shisha and he laughed me, he's like you're a funny kid asking about shisha. Why's that I replied, because I have a hookah.
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
ArcadeImp
Hookah Newbie

I've been chatting up local shops to carry more quality stuff. Alot of places only carry Jewels and Layalina shisha and crappy no-name QL coals. Most of the time they ask what me and my friends like smoking and what coals they should pick up. Usually they are pretty receptive.
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

there is a male salon and smoke place here in my town (odd combo, i know_, and i went down there, i picked up some Rosetta shisha, because he said everybody told him it was better than the pharoh's he carried before (lol). So i told him about starbuzz and the like... havent been back though. He kinda gave off an "i'm only listening to you because you wont buy my shit if i dont" vibe.
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

lol they gave me the same funny reaction. it's funny, because now the people buy their shisha and coals from him and not the smoke shop. Before, everyone went to the smoke shop and all they carried were 3Kings $16 100g SB tins, and layalina. Not even nats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisicool View Post
Similar thing happened to me at my local gas station. I asked him about shisha and he laughed me, he's like you're a funny kid asking about shisha. Why's that I replied, because I have a hookah.
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

A tobacco shop has never heard of a Hookah? Where do you LIVE?

I hope they make up for it with great cigars...?
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:58 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

I feel really lucky in my local area... we have 4 major "tobacco" stores and 4 hookah lounges (including mine)... we all have flavored tobacco, coals, hookahs, etc etc... even when i didnt own a lounge i never went without anything... i will say tho my selection of products far exceed that of the other places... lol im not even trying to boost myself either lol
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:03 PM
ElijahSing
Hookah Newbie

I did the same thing at my local smoke shop.. their main supplier is Sahara Smoke so all they carried was Hookah Hookah and Rosetta. Blehhh!
So I talked them into getting a different distributer and now they are carrying Starbuzz, Laylina, and Al fakhir!! Best day of my life when i saw that they got some of that.
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
yeah i got real dirty looks and was asked to leave my local shop when i mentioned shisha
ignorant fools.
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Adrian
Hookah Newbie

luckily for me there are a couple shops within like 15-20 minutes driving, don't really remember what Shisha Brands they sell besides AF, hopefully they have some SB so i can try out Blue Mist and Citrus Mist
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

My only shop in town carries jewels and laylina and jap. easy lites... I've showed them other shisha, but they are never interested so i have to buy everything online to get good quality.
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM
MikeMo
Hookah Nut

see i am lucky i have a place that sells all of that stuff
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook