Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 16th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Lightbulb Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

is it available here in the US? I want it so bad !!

Thanx
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

No sir, it is not. It was a one-time thing sent to a few lucky members from our fellow member Hajo Flettner.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

OK .. do u know where can I find it?? I mean is it available in the Middle East or in Europe??
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:51 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Syria.

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...=shooting+star
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:11 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

I was 1 of those lucky members that received it as well, not from hajo, but from someone who received it from hajo. It was a really nice gesture by a fellow HP member and it was an excellent smoke.
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

ZenSilk ... u made me sad ... now, I really wanna try it

I will be travelling to Dubai after two months .. I'll try to get this stuff with the help of my Syrian friends of course !!
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I have been searching and found this video ... Mr. Bungle I like your backyard ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPS9eYq-10
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:29 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
ZenSilk ... u made me sad ... now, I really wanna try it

I will be travelling to Dubai after two months .. I'll try to get this stuff with the help of my Syrian friends of course !!
I am very sure there are MANY brands in Dubai that I will never get to try or hear of in my entire lifetime. Hajo Flettner is the man to talk to at this point; he will be able to guide you in the directions you want to go.
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Thanx ZenSilk
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:47 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Do you wanna try some of the stuff? I just looked, and I have some left. I remember reading somewhere that this has a 1 month shelf life so I smoked the rest in about 1 week, but it still smells great..
Old February 17th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I would really appreciate it. Thank u so much.
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Shooting Star is a little family made product from Syria and they basically sell it to established customers/friends rather then in a normal retail situation. They literally make a just a few hundred kilos a month so the truth is that it's pretty hard to get unless you know the right people in Syria. I was able to get samples out to 20 HPs and a friend of mine did about the same.

I did the same with a few other Iranian, Turkish and Syrian brands but the stuff is really hard to get so it's not something that I can do much of.

Brands like Dariush, Al Buhturi, Khansar (both of them), Manthnani, Bachi-Bagli Halva, Samsun Maden-Canek Halva and others are made by artisans for people that truely love quality tombacs, moassels and juraks. Unfortunately none of them are easy to get if you don't live within about 20Km of where they are made and know the right people.
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I still have fond memories of the contentment samples I received from you Hajo. Two of the best smokes I have ever had. Thanks again.

Thunder keep your eyes on the boards. Sometimes someone will get their hands on something that they feel should be shared with the community. Don't expect it to happen every week and don't expect to be able to get in on every one. This can happen a lot when someone makes a homemade product that they are proud of. Hell if there were not so many issues with shipping alcohol between sates and to private housing I would probably have sent out samples of my homebrews by now.

I am not making any promises but once I get my process down I am planning on sending out some samples of the shisha tobacco and pipe tobacco I am making. Like I said. Keep your eyes on the boards.
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I still have fond memories of the contentment samples I received from you Hajo. Two of the best smokes I have ever had. Thanks again.

Thunder keep your eyes on the boards. Sometimes someone will get their hands on something that they feel should be shared with the community. Don't expect it to happen every week and don't expect to be able to get in on every one. This can happen a lot when someone makes a homemade product that they are proud of. Hell if there were not so many issues with shipping alcohol between sates and to private housing I would probably have sent out samples of my homebrews by now.

I am not making any promises but once I get my process down I am planning on sending out some samples of the shisha tobacco and pipe tobacco I am making. Like I said. Keep your eyes on the boards.
(Don't ask, don't tell).
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I have been searching and found this video ... Mr. Bungle I like your backyard ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPS9eYq-10
why thank you

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Very encouraging to hear that you like the traditional style stuff. I'm glad you mentioned Contentment as it encouraged me to rummage around and found a little stash I forgot about.

I I plan on whipping up a bit of my homemade stuff as well while waiting for my monster shipment the Societe Chark Du Tobac to come in. If need to get back to Iran I plan on picking up as much local traditional stuff as I can lay my hands on. I can't recall, did you get to try Shooting Star?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:52 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Very encouraging to hear that you like the traditional style stuff. I'm glad you mentioned Contentment as it encouraged me to rummage around and found a little stash I forgot about.

I I plan on whipping up a bit of my homemade stuff as well while waiting for my monster shipment the Societe Chark Du Tobac to come in. If need to get back to Iran I plan on picking up as much local traditional stuff as I can lay my hands on. I can't recall, did you get to try Shooting Star?
Sadly no. I was not able to get into the tasting on that one. I hope your homemade tobacco comes out well. Hopefully my new batch comes out well also and we can compare notes. I have been having some fun with the salloum unflavored i have and what I can do with it. I mixed my salloum with a little honey and some nakhla earl gray and had a great smoke the other night. My major goal with making my own tobacco will be to have my own direct source for traditional style tobaccos.

That must be quite the order Hajo. If my memory serves me well I wanted to order from them a long time ago but they only allowed the ordering of 10x250g cartons. No single available.

Last edited by kalutika; February 20th, 2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:20 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I just got this stuff and smoked it right away ... OMG, this was one of the best hookah session I have had ...

Many thanks to ZenSilk ... amazing amazing amazing
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:20 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It's really great that some of that is still floating around. I had a huge Shooting Star party not long after I got my shipment in and it was a blast. I just wish I could get stuff like this more often but that won't likely happen.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I had to keep a bit. I use a phunnel, but it barely holds 15 grams of tobacco. I packed the Star light as possible, so i had 5 bowls from one flavor, and I saved most of the other just in case. I'm glad I could pass it on to someone, I guess it obviously has kept well the way i stored it.

I'm glad you liked it Thunder!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
medicare
Hookah Nut

Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas for school. Little Rock, Arkansas during the summer time

Man this stuff sounds great. And I thought I knew a thing or two about hookah before I came here. WOW was I wrong, this traditional stuff really has me salivating. Does any come premixed with the honey/glycerin. Or anyone have some for a sample? I feel so unworthy listening to ya'll hahaha. The masters!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

hmm.. yeah now i want me some shooting star also.. ima start making friends with ppl in Syria some how.. =P
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Im gonna go ahead and just say that kind of thing will get you in trouble lol.

But yeah, even the shit they give you at the lowerend cafe's are better than most of what we have to smoke here.

Its so delicious, you may not get the best clouds ever, but youll get the tastiest smoke ever, its been 3 or 4 years and i can still remember the taste of apple tobacco at the mora restaurant in Bloudan right outside of damascus.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Never got spend much time in Damascus as all the economic growth seems to be happening on the coast thanks to the Russians. I was talking to a business friend from Latakia who says that since the al Atassi and Ayn Jalut blends are coming into season he'll be posting me some. Naturally I'll make as much available to HPers as I can but that depends upon how huch I get. I also might be getting some Neroulos Jurak (a family brand made by Greek christians in Syria) so pay attention if you guys want it when it comes up.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I still have some Gentle Wind left. I know you said smoke it within 30 days but its been airtight and still looks/smells fine.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook