Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Follow the Sahara Example

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 24th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Default Follow the Sahara Example

Anyone who has looked at the vid section lately has seen the huge surge in reviews thanks to Sahara Smokes awesome contest. I think if more brands did this, even if it was a smaller scale (1 flavor per box every time, or only new flavors that don't have many reviews) it would make these forums so much better!

And, they can't lose. They get their product out there, with tons of reviews and people who will want to check it out. No one really buys without reviews, so the more vids the more sales for our vendors!

So, vendors, lets see it! Everybody wins!
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123
Default Re: Follow the Sahara Example

I say Nakhla Reps need to get ON THIS!!!
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninorey123 View Post
I say Nakhla Reps need to get ON THIS!!!
Heh, Nakhla is already on top. Number one in world sales if I'm not mistaken. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all over that one.
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Well, Sahara Smoke has a lot to gain by making HH and HF better known out there. While the big players get a lot of publicity, many people are hesitant to try lesser-known brands or flavors unless, like in this case, they've got nothing to lose.

It's a big advantage for Sahara Smoke because they get first-hand impressions from the community and use the criticism to develop better products in the future.

However, I don't see a rep from Karabetian (Nakhla) or AF coming to this forum and offering free samples. Simply because they're huge brands and they're not associated with a store in particular.

On a final note, I think John should send out samples of his awesome coals for reviewing!
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:57 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post

On a final note, I think John should send out samples of his awesome coals for reviewing!
This was done when John first introduced his coals. Stick around long enough, and maybe you can get the hook-up on the next big release!
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:06 AM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

this would be awsome if other venddors did domething like ssc
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:33 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

So the handouts we are getting are not enough for you people? :P
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:48 AM
sweetlake
Hookah Pro

Offcourse it is enough but for in the future when this one ends it would be nice to test other new or small brands......
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:26 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

i personally would rather pay for a product. Hand out are nice and free is nice... but business thrives on people. Just pay. Its really not that much. Shipping is the killer
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:30 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
i personally would rather pay for a product. Hand out are nice and free is nice... but business thrives on people. Just pay. Its really not that much. Shipping is the killer
+1.

I mean, its cool to get stuff and review it, free of charge.

But, if we do what the recent posts have agreed to, I honestly believe our forum will change for the worst.

IMO, this forum is then going to be run by vendors/tobacco makers and NOT us HPers because will we then just become a product for their own benefit (in a greed-like way, not like a constructive criticism sort of way).

Last edited by JillyIsJustKidding; February 24th, 2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:38 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

So true, i know i have given a product a higher rating just because it was free, i know i shouldnt have but it influences you if u didnt pay for it.

Like i gave hh green apple more then blue mist WTF
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:44 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
So true, i know i have given a product a higher rating just because it was free, i know i shouldnt have but it influences you if u didnt pay for it.

Like i gave hh green apple more then blue mist WTF
I knew you had to be insane for giving HH Green apple a high rating. It tastes like burnt cigarettes and green apple jolly ranchers. Gross.

Even though SSC sent me those samples for free to review, I STILL give them my honest opinion. I'm sure Jonathan wants constructive criticism when it comes to HH and HF. ^_^
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:58 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I knew you had to be insane for giving HH Green apple a high rating. It tastes like burnt cigarettes and green apple jolly ranchers. Gross.

Even though SSC sent me those samples for free to review, I STILL give them my honest opinion. I'm sure Jonathan wants constructive criticism when it comes to HH and HF. ^_^
It actually did taste really good, nothing like you described it, i think i got a good batch, but it aint better then blue mist

I've been honest in all my reviews apart from that one
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I have not been happy with the number of people trolling the boards asking for free samples and how to get tobacco for free. As with any promotion we will see these folks dwindle off as the faucet of freebies begins to dry. But then again I am loving the opportunity to review so many blends I have never tried. i have already found a flavor I am planning on keeping at very least 250 g in my stock at all times if not a kilo lol.

The best way to show support for a product and to guarantee a future for the brand is to buy it. i have seen many of my favorite indulgences drift away because not enough interest is shown. Business is the word and it is a very important one at them.

When it comes to charity, some people stop at nothing. There is a joke there if you look for it.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:19 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
It actually did taste really good, nothing like you described it, i think i got a good batch, but it aint better then blue mist

I've been honest in all my reviews apart from that one
Ah I c

IDK, my batch did seem really off. It was hella funky.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I feel about it this way, be glad for what you get. Part of what makes this community great is the lack of begging and slanted reviews. If a manufacturer/vendor chooses to offer samples of a new product to us in return for a review, that's fine. We have no obligation to give the product a good rating just because it was free. Be honest.

Jilly said...
"IMO, this forum is then going to be run by vendors/tobacco makers and NOT us HPers because will we then just become a product for their own benefit (in a greed-like way, not like a constructive criticism sort of way)."

I can guarantee that this will never happen. Sambooka has provided us with a level playing field with no biases. That's why this is my second home.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:30 AM
hookah-happy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
But the point of this is promoting hookah-hookah and hookah pro. It's like a huge commercial only more people benefit out of it and it's probably cheaper. I'm sure if tobacco ads were legal on television on the US we wouldn't get the opportunity to sample these products before we buy them.

So for probably less than the price of one prime time commercial
-people get to sample flavors so they can tell what they like
-customers get honest opinions from people similar to them
-This community gets advertisement
-Sahara smoke gets advertisement
-Sahara smoke learns what they need to improve upon

What are the negatives?
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:52 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookah-happy View Post
But the point of this is promoting hookah-hookah and hookah pro. It's like a huge commercial only more people benefit out of it and it's probably cheaper. I'm sure if tobacco ads were legal on television on the US we wouldn't get the opportunity to sample these products before we buy them.

So for probably less than the price of one prime time commercial
-people get to sample flavors so they can tell what they like
-customers get honest opinions from people similar to them
-This community gets advertisement
-Sahara smoke gets advertisement
-Sahara smoke learns what they need to improve upon

What are the negatives?
you mean other then the vendor loosing money and everybody always looking for handouts free extras. SSC is going well over anything needed here for the hp community. I just think that we should be happy for what we have been given and not seek for more handouts but go out and buy the products you want to try out, cause that helps the vendor out a lot more. And these reviews- well u still have to try the flavor urself to know if you like it, i know several people have told me they liked what i said was bad and did not like the stuff i said was great
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:02 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

In my case, Sahara is getting a customer because of this forum. I want to try some ******* Quicklites too after seeing that video. And I'm sure others will in the future as well, especially the vendors with some hype on the products they carry.
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:23 AM
hookah-happy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
you mean other then the vendor loosing money and everybody always looking for handouts free extras. SSC is going well over anything needed here for the hp community. I just think that we should be happy for what we have been given and not seek for more handouts but go out and buy the products you want to try out, cause that helps the vendor out a lot more. And these reviews- well u still have to try the flavor urself to know if you like it, i know several people have told me they liked what i said was bad and did not like the stuff i said was great
They are in business to make money. I doubt that they would do this if they thought that they were going to lose more than they are going to gain. Sure it was a nice thing to do, but it wasn't just to be nice. It was to improve their business.
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:06 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

...but look at the luna and DMC vids....I agree with DMC 100% i hate the cut of the tobacco, but i think they have good flavors.

i think they almost NEED to do stuff like this to stay afloat.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:17 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

all i know is when i get it going hh is some good stuff and to many people are not giving it a fair chance because they putting to much heat on, i mean several people have said it like me and sam, killer b, u have to be careful with the heat. some of there flavors are a miss though but some are really good. personally i mostly have been smoke hf lately
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:40 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
all i know is when i get it going hh is some good stuff and to many people are not giving it a fair chance because they putting to much heat on, i mean several people have said it like me and sam, killer b, u have to be careful with the heat. some of there flavors are a miss though but some are really good. personally i mostly have been smoke hf lately
i agree...i mostly smoke nakhla and HHHF....HHHF does have a lot of really good flavors...hazelnut, orange, 7 spice, sahara mimosa, rich and smooth to name a few
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
i agree...i mostly smoke nakhla and HHHF....HHHF does have a lot of really good flavors...hazelnut, orange, 7 spice, sahara mimosa, rich and smooth to name a few
Have you tried the Spiced Apple Cider?
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Have you tried the Spiced Apple Cider?
i have and its one of my top three hf flavs with atomic fireball and bluberry pancakes
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook